August Chat thread. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2007, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love having a place to just come and chat. Anyone else want to join in?

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 AM

I'll join, it's just too quiet! Actually I'm not sure why I am still up I'm usually falling asleep standing, this is progress!!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphy View Post
I'll join, it's just too quiet! Actually I'm not sure why I am still up I'm usually falling asleep standing, this is progress!!
Where are you at? We just finished bath over here its only 7.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:38 AM

I am currently located in Winnipeg right smack dab in the middle of Canada. Pretty odd place for a submariner (my dh) to be it's too far from the water for his liking. It is 9:30 here and usually I am in bed by 9 (mind you I'm up between 5:30-6:00 each day).
Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hiya. I am only up because I am eating.
It's 10:30 here and I have been propping my eyelids open since 5:00.
I recently left my job, and am looking for work and the whole idea is giving me terrible insomnia. Will I get an interview? What the heck will I wear? Do I reveal that I'm pregnant? What if I obviously look pg by the time I get an interview? How many hours a week can I work without stretching myself too thin? So last night, I tossed and turned til 2:00. Yuck.
Now I have to go find something else to eat because this oatmeal is not what I wanted, after all. LOL.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 AM

I'm awake, because I just got back from the ER. My DH has been having severe stomach pain for 2 days, and they couldn't find anything wrong with him today. He has to stay in the hospital overnight now, and it was so depressing to leave when he has to stay in that horrible little room.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:18 AM

Anyone else still awake? My insomnia is in good form tonight. Lately I've been sleeping the 4am - 2pm shift.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 AM

Oh I love to chat! I often have insomnia - luckily last night was NOT an insomnia night - my son fell asleep at 8:30 (he normally falls asleep at 11!!) and I was in bed by 9:15. With the exception of 3 wake-ups asking for milk he slept all night and so did I!!

So why am I still tired??? Oh yes, it's the baby.

Today I look after my 10 month old nephew. Normally my girls are home (12, 10.5, 9) to help but today I'm on my own! YIKES! I've been so sleepy it'll be interesting to see how the day goes!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
Old 08-16-2007, 12:53 PM

I had 2 days of a total burst of energy, it was great, I was feeling great, life felt great...

...and today I actually woke up with a pretty bad headache (the kind you get from a crick in your neck), and it has already totally ruined my day. DS woke up early because DD woke up early and tried to play with him before he was really up, and then he spent the next hour trying to lay on top of me. I was just too grumpy with the headache, the not enough sleep, and then finally being used as a pillow when I myself wasn't even comfortable. I've been such a grump all morning. When I get these headaches, typically only Excedrin Tension Headache will get rid of them. And since Excedrin is a no-no for pregnancy, and I know Tylenol will do absolutely nothing for me, I'm looking forward to a very grumpy day all around. The weather is mirroring it, too...it's totally rainy and dark outside.

Oh, and let's not forget the raging acne that popped up in the last couple days. I wish I could burn my face off, I look so horrid.

Tomorrow better be awesome to make up for today!!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM

Allison - just wondering why your location says Vancouver, WA. Is there a Vancouver in WA and in BC?

So I am having some issues this morning. Last night, my pelvic area was really achy and painful - and didn't go away overnight. It's hard to stand up or walk. Doesn't feel like symphasis pubis dysfunction, which I had late in pregnancy with my last (although there have been hints of it already). In fact, I can't even really tell if it's muscles or ligaments or soft tissue or what. My hips seem to hurt . . . I have pains in my lower pelvis that feel really achy and it hurts when I try to walk and when I stand up. Or if I lean on one leg. Any idea what this is? It even seems to hurt a bit in my lower back. Worse on the right than the left. It doesn't feel sharp like round ligament pains, but it's pretty painful. I called my midwife, but am hoping someone here might have an idea or two . . . it is honestly pretty difficult to walk. This did not come on suddenly, but has been building over the past week or so. I noticed it much more in the evenings and seemed better by the morning.

And I am very impressed with how late you were all up last night. :
Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Romana, I don't have any thoughts on your pain, but , and I hope you get some answers and/or it goes away soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romana9+2 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I thought I was really doing something by staying up until almost 10:00pm!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Allison - just wondering why your location says Vancouver, WA. Is there a Vancouver in WA and in BC?

So I am having some issues this morning. Last night, my pelvic area was really achy and painful - and didn't go away overnight. It's hard to stand up or walk. Doesn't feel like symphasis pubis dysfunction, which I had late in pregnancy with my last (although there have been hints of it already). In fact, I can't even really tell if it's muscles or ligaments or soft tissue or what. My hips seem to hurt . . . I have pains in my lower pelvis that feel really achy and it hurts when I try to walk and when I stand up. Or if I lean on one leg. Any idea what this is? It even seems to hurt a bit in my lower back. Worse on the right than the left. It doesn't feel sharp like round ligament pains, but it's pretty painful. I called my midwife, but am hoping someone here might have an idea or two . . . it is honestly pretty difficult to walk. This did not come on suddenly, but has been building over the past week or so. I noticed it much more in the evenings and seemed better by the morning.

Could it be your sciatic nerve being pinched or something?

I had horrendous pelvic pain for the last half of my pregnancy with my son, felt like someone had taken a bat to me or something. I'm hoping it won't happen again.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 PM

So far today hasn't been as hectic/horrible as I thought it would be. Yay! I'm exhausted though. I could really use a nap but the boys aren't napping at the same time so that won't happen.

Just found out hubby will be offered an afternoon shift... that means he left at 7:15 this morning and won't be back until close to 11 tonight!

Old 08-16-2007, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerawo View Post
I'm awake, because I just got back from the ER. My DH has been having severe stomach pain for 2 days, and they couldn't find anything wrong with him today. He has to stay in the hospital overnight now, and it was so depressing to leave when he has to stay in that horrible little room.
Oh no, I hope everything is okay! Hugs to you and your DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

Oh, and let's not forget the raging acne that popped up in the last couple days. I wish I could burn my face off, I look so horrid.
Me too, I don't know what is up with it.

Quote:
Yes Vancouver, WA. It is just across the Columbia River from Portland, OR.
http://www.cityofvancouver.us/Default.asp

I am exhausted today. Woke up to the baby pulling on this mole I have on my back. Ouch and . But I think I am done puking for the day so that is good. Just as long as I don't smell anything nasty. DH has been making sure to clean out the kitchen sink and garbages for me every night. I need to shower and then I promised the kids we would make zucchini bread, good day for it as its is cloudy. Yesterday was super hot.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Don't forget to join the mama swap by 8/22 if you are interested.

Thread Here.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Vancouver is a nice place. Although I must say I'd choose pdx instead.

So what are you all doing today? I'm sitting on my bum doing nothing. Everytime I try to clean or something I get sick.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 PM

It seems that DH is okay. They "diagnosed" him with viral gastrointeritis but no one really knows for sure. He was discharged from the hospital this morning and now I'm playing nursemaid. Though he's sleeping, so I'm really playing on MDC
Old 08-16-2007, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
Vancouver is a nice place. Although I must say I'd choose pdx instead.

So what are you all doing today? I'm sitting on my bum doing nothing. Everytime I try to clean or something I get sick.
Trying to get the energy to do anything. My poor kids are bored, Mommy lets do this, Mommy lets do that.

And yeah that to PDX. DH works down (all his clients live there) there and they are moving his office down there so we are thinking maybe we should just move down there. But we have such a nice house with a huge yard, huge yard! And its cheap compared to PDX so we are wondering if we should or not. I hate moving but the commute sucks.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerawo View Post
It seems that DH is okay. They "diagnosed" him with viral gastrointeritis but no one really knows for sure. He was discharged from the hospital this morning and now I'm playing nursemaid. Though he's sleeping, so I'm really playing on MDC
I'm glad everything is okay. Hope he gets better fast.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and I am the queen of posting right after posting so if you guys get sick of it just yell at me.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM

you're right allison, it's really quite a bit cheaper in vancouver. Although now would be the time to move because it's quite the buyers market. Just a thought. I personally chose to live in OR instead of WA because the taxes here in oregon are quite bit cheaper.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 08-16-2007, 03:54 PM

and I do it too. I hate going back to edit.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_ani View Post
Could it be your sciatic nerve being pinched or something?

I had horrendous pelvic pain for the last half of my pregnancy with my son, felt like someone had taken a bat to me or something. I'm hoping it won't happen again.
Wow, that sounds awful. I've never had problems with my sciatic nerve so I don't know what that would feel like. I'll look into it, thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Yes Vancouver, WA. It is just across the Columbia River from Portland, OR.
http://www.cityofvancouver.us/Default.asp
That's so cool! Thanks!

Quote:
Don't forget to join the mama swap by 8/22 if you are interested.
What's the mama swap? How does it work? Please initiate me. I've looked at those swap threads before but don't really get how they work.

Quote:
I'm working. This is my lunch break.

Quote:
Oh and I am the queen of posting right after posting so if you guys get sick of it just yell at me.
Um, if you get sick of my rampant smilie addiction, just go ahead and yell at me.

Quote:
you're right allison, it's really quite a bit cheaper in vancouver. Although now would be the time to move because it's quite the buyers market. Just a thought. I personally chose to live in OR instead of WA because the taxes here in oregon are quite bit cheaper.
And . . . . pamamidwife is in Oregon! She's my dream midwife. If I could have my choice of any HCP to attend my birth, it'd be her.

So the pain is actually a bit worse. Ugh. No call back from my midwives yet (not surprising, I think they just try to call back w/in 24 hours; I'm just in a lot of pain! I'm sure they'll call while I'm in a meeting or something. .
Old 08-16-2007, 04:14 PM

After a quick google, I don't think it's a sciatic nerve problem. I have no pain or tingling in my thighs or legs. It goes horizontally or diagonally across my lower abdomen, like from halfway between my right hip and pubis symphasis then across and upwards to the left. OWWWWWWIE!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 PM

Awww, what happened to our chit chat? Did I derail it with pelvic pain?

I told work yesterday. That went better than I expected; my boss was really excited and said he was sure we could work something mutually agreeable out for maternity leave.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:30 PM

Romana - it's not ovarian cyst pain is it? I have a pretty painful one on my right side. Hmmmm....just thinking!

I don't have much to chat about over here....I'm boring. Supposed to have a table at a health fair tomorrow morning, but not sure I have the patience or energy for it. What else? Still waiting on a mom to go into labor. Started homeschooling this week. That sounds like it could be enough.

When I'm not busy doing any or all of the above I am either napping or eagerly planning my next nap! LOL

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
Old 08-18-2007, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Ovarian cysts suck. I used to get them every other month. Now its only every few but wow they hurt. Biggest one was grapefruit size and OMG it hurt when it burst.

I have not had to nap lately its been nice to actually use nap time to get some stuff done. And the older kids have enjoyed having mommy back at nap time too. I'm still going to bed super early though.

That is all, I am boring too.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulanichole View Post
Romana - it's not ovarian cyst pain is it? I have a pretty painful one on my right side. Hmmmm....just thinking!
I don't think so. I feel it when I stand on my right leg or every time I step, when my right leg moves, but the pain goes all the way across my lower abdomen. I have no idea what it is. My dh thought it might be a hernia, but it doesn't sound like it from the descriptions I read online. Thanks for the thought, though! I just wish I knew what to do or not to do to make it better.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Hope you are feeling better. One thought I had was possible kidney stones? My Dad just went through this, with a large one that decided to start shifting on him, and the pain you describe, sounds like what he described. His came on gradually too over a week or so, till he finally went to the ER. I believe I had some too, but passed them. His required surgery. Not wanting to alarm you as it is only a guess, but just thought I mention it.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:15 PM

romana, what about your sciatic nerve? Is your back off at all? My BIL is a chiro and I have very very similar symptoms and he said it was probably a combo of sciatic nerve pain and my back being off. Maybe head to the chiro?

Woohoo! Two more days until my u/s! I'm so incredibly nervous..I haven't been feeling the baby much the last few days(none today so far) which is completely normal because it's only an inch after all...but still. That combined with the fact that this is my third pregnancy this year, and I have the perfect recipe for worry. Which I'm trying hard not to do. Luckily I'm still sick all the time(although taking my b6 at 5pm instead of before bed has allowed me to have a nausea free night!) and I'm HUGE for not even 10 weeks. All maternity for me unfortunately. And of course all of my summer maternity wear is larges, because I was second trimester with dd. I'm headed to motherhood outlet in two weeks to spend my bday money, hopefully I'll find some good stuff!

Question for you all: How do you function with a toddler that is super busy? I can barely stack a block with her without feeling either nausea or exhaustion. And forget her running/jumping games.

Oh, and for those of you with around 2year olds...You have to show them the 4th edition(new one) of "a child is born" by lennart nilsson. You know, the classic. my dd is obsessed with it! She loves to look at what our baby looks like now, and talks about the baby coming out of the "gina" all the time(her favorite page) It's reassuring to know she isn't quite so freaked out by the sight of birth, at least in 2d.

User Tag List