So, do you think you know what you're having? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my DD, I KNEW she was a girl, from the moment I accepted that I was really pregnant. There was never any doubt in my mind.

With this one, I think it's a boy, but I don't the same sense of absolute certainty...I also think, to a certain extent, I'm not quite as connected to this baby as I was to my daughter. I hardly feel pregnant. It could be that I simply haven't accepted it yet, though we were trying for several months.
#32 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 05:35 PM

I really feel boy. This pregnancy is COMPLETELY different from #1 and I am so hungry all the time, which I wasn't with Alayna. I was also really emotional with Alayna and have next to no symptoms except for being really hungry!

I would love a boy but with a girl, we wouldn't have to fight over the circumsion debate so either way, Alayna will be a big sister!
#33 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM

It looks like I was right the first time. Smidge was quite the wiggle worm this morning, but not so much that we didn't get a very clear view of three little dots. So it seems I'm having a girl. The tech wouldn't say 100% because I'm still early, but I looked up as many gender shots as I could find (and the earliest ones I could find) and compared them to what we saw this morning, and I'd say I'm about 85% sure it's a girl.
#34 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM

yay victoria! Girls are so wonderful. Will you be going back for another looksie?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#35 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM

I have no clue since it's fraternal twins. I hope for a boy and a girl, then girl girl, then boy boy.

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#36 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
yay victoria! Girls are so wonderful. Will you be going back for another looksie?
Yup, the "big" ultrasound is 10/22. I'd really love the in-laws to be able to come to that one. If they can't I'm seriously considering going in for a 3D one, so we can get lots of pics and a DVD to share with them.

I'm definitely excited that it's a girl. I'd have been just as excited to have a boy though. The Husband doesn't quite believe it - he really wanted a girl.
#37 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 06:44 PM

My husband thought he wanted a boy first, but when my dd arrived she had him completely wrapped around her finger in a matter of minutes. They are the best of friends, and I'm sure your little one and your dh will be too!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#38 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 PM

I say boy here. The last 3 I knew were boys right from the start and I'm pretty sure this time, too. I'm still keeping fingers crossed for twins, though! I ought to get double the baby for all this puking!

: mama to 4 boys
: : :
#39 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 07:38 PM

I have been right twice before but I am anxiously awaiting this one to confirm my abilities of guessing. I think I am having a girl again. That will make three but I guess we will see!
#40 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katrinka~ View Post
I have been thinking of this baby as a girl, and trying hard not to do that. On the other hand, I have been STARVING the past week so now I am thinking it has to be a boy. Did you know moms who are pregnant with boys actually consume more calories than moms pregnant with girls?
And yet, when I mentioned that to my DH last night, he looked surprised. He must be thinking girl, and he hasn't been wrong yet.
I'll just be so happy to see this baby in March. We have boy and girl baby clothes so we're prepared either way.
I did not know this little tidbit about calories and boys. I am eating a ton and I swear I'm never satisfied.
#41 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 PM

I've been thinking about my guesses with my previous kids and how accurate/inaccurate I was.

With my first I thought it was a boy for the first half then thought she was a girl... turned out to be a girl.
With my second I "knew" from the second I had a bfp she was a girl - and she was!
With my third I was thoroughly convinced I was having a boy, nothing anyone could say or do would convince me I was having a girl - and I would cry for hours a day over the fact I was going to have a boy --- she was a girl!
With my third I was pretty sure he was going to be a boy and he was. No overwhelming feeling really, just a thought that it was probably a boy.
I have no feeling at all about this one but like I posted earlier, hubby says it's a girl. We'll find out in March!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#42 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 PM

I really feel like the little one is a boy. I've been thinking about names a lot, and I try to think about girl names and just feel like "what's the point? it's not a girl anyway" I have this vision of the baby being born, of lifting him up out of the water, and I TRY to think girl but it seems totally wrong. I guess we'll see in the spring!
#43 of 43 Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

With my first pregnancy, I had girl vibes from the get go and then a few prego. dreams with little baby girls in them. I'm not sure how but I got talked into believing it was a boy for a good portion of my pregnancy until the very end. I knew she was a girl. She was.

So far, this time around, I felt boy right away but then I've had a dream or two and in one it was a little girl and I learned her name too. I've really wanted another girl, but a week or so after the dream, I had serious boy vibes. I don't think we'll find out the gender until birth so we'll see. We always just pray for a happy, healthy baby. I'd feel so blessed with either. What tripping me out is my dd. She swears it's a boy and all she's talked about is a sister for 1/2 a year.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page