So, do you think you know what you're having? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I'm having a boy. I really do.

It's weird, I've really wanted another girl but I swear this is a boy and I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't even picture a girl in the equation at this moment.

My dd keeps saying she's having a baby brother too. We haven't said anything to her about my feeling. We keep talking to her about how we'll love the baby so much no matter what it is because it'll be our baby. She agrees, but really wants a brother. This is also weird b/c for the past year she's been talking about wanting a sister.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 AM

I started out thinking girl, but had no real feeling about it. Now I have a strong boy feeling, so I'm going with that. I might found out tomorrow!!
#3 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Ohhh, exciting. Let us know if you see anything.
#4 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 AM

Holy Cow....You can already find out???? That's crazy~ I seem to think I know for SURE that this one is another boy. Before I was pregnant all I could think about was having a girl, but almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant there were boy vibes all over the place. Still there and now I'm almost so confident, I feel like telling people! haha

This will be fun to look at when we all find out~ See who was right!!!

Alisa
#5 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 AM

funny. so far we all have boy vibes! me included.

I would love a little sister for Dd, but of course a baby brother would be just as fun. Plus this will be my last, and I want to use all Dd's baby clothes (they were so cute)!!! and we have a great girl name... but can't agree on a boy name

But i can't stop thinking it's totally a boy. can't wait to find out for sure!
#6 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 AM

I am having a baby, I hope!

I *think* I might be having a girl, but then again, maybe I think this way so that there will be someone to pass DD's pretty dresses to! DD is very sure from the beginning that she is having a baby brother, so we'll see. I cant wait to find out!
#7 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 08:49 AM

clueless here. I have no strong feelings either way.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#8 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 AM

Right now I am thinking boy (that's what I am kind of hoping for) but last week I was convinced it is a girl. With my other 3 I was totally positive of the sex, but I was wrong every time lol
#9 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 AM

I have girl vibes. My Dh wants a girl;I'd like a boy, so either way would be awesome
#10 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
No clue. i'm just not getting a vibe one way or another.

DH swears it's got to be a girl for some reason. He's only taken a guess once before with our 2nd DS and was right. So maybe I should listen to him.

DS1 won't guess. I tink he got spoiled when we found out the sex last time and now he's just waiting for that.

DD changes back and forth all the time. One seconds it's a baby brother, then next it's a baby sister. So who knows.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#11 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 AM

I'm totally confused. At first, I definitely thought boy. It felt boy-y, and I started crying in the car mostly when I thought about baby boy songs. But my mother says the feels "girl." And at my 12 week ultrasound, the heartbeat was 162, which is totally a "girl heartbeat." And now I'm using the pronoun "she" a lot. And buying diapers with butterflies. But going on old wives tales, I'm all over the place. No acne, so it's a boy, but I've got terrible morning sickness, so it's a girl... who knows? Well, we will, in 7 more weeks.... I guess I should stop buying clothes til then.

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#12 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 AM

I don't have any idea but as soon as I got pregnant dh said "It's a girl"..... he said it'd be a boy when I got pregnant with our son so we'll see!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#13 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 AM

I have boy vibes in the very beginning, and I've had two boy dreams. But, I had both boy and a girl gender dreams with my first, so I don't think my dreams mean much.
#14 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3WinterBabies View Post
With my other 3 I was totally positive of the sex, but I was wrong every time lol
Me too

I have the feeling that this is a boy. But the pregnancy is so different form my son, I wonder if it is a girl. With ds, I only thew up twice, and I had a sinus infection then. With this pregnancy, I have thrown up every day for weeks. Now that we have names for both sexes that we love, we just want a healthy baby.
#15 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

I'm not sure. I don't really believe in mother's intuitition, especially since you have a 50% chance of getting it right. That said, I had strong girl feelings at first but now I think the baby is definitely a boy. DH thought boy at first, but now he thinks girl. Really, we have no clue.
#16 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 11:01 AM

I have a feeling this little one is a boy but I'm not 100% sure why. Just a vibe I've got. I have 3 dd's and my DBF has 1 so I would think I wouldn't know anything but girl vibes. Boy or girl...I'll know either way mid-March.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#17 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Well all the gender guesses online for me point to girl. I have a more boy feeling, but I have not been right with my guesses for me ever
#18 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM

I've never had strong feelings in any of my pregnancies for gender - even though many *other* people have and like to share that with me (grrrr). Everyone else was wrong, both times This time I have both spiritual and physiological reasons to suspect it's a girl. For one, we had sex 6 DAYS before I ovulated and conceived, which if you know about sperm physiology tells you it's a girl or an extremely hardy boy (Y sperm are smaller, lighter, and have less food store than X sperm so they don't live as long but can get there more quickly than the heavier X sperm). Spiritually I believe I've been blessed with the reincarnation of a strong woman who was very tied to her feminity. I'd be surprised if she switched genders for this life, but maybe that's her challenge. Anyway, I'm trying to remain open about it even with these suspicions, because I certainly don't want to be disappointed with a second son (love my boy!).

One thing is for sure, with all the craziness about there being twins and then one twin gone (the woman who I believe is reincarnated in my child was an identical twin) from this pregnancy, I can't be surprised by anything anymore!

Hope that craziness made some sense . . .
#19 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
No clue. i'm just not getting a vibe one way or another.
This is so where I'm at right now. My Mom and SIL are both sure it's a girl, and I would LOVE a baby girl ( I bought two dresses before we even conceived), but I'm afraid that my radar just isn't working.
#20 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been thinking of this baby as a girl, and trying hard not to do that. On the other hand, I have been STARVING the past week so now I am thinking it has to be a boy. Did you know moms who are pregnant with boys actually consume more calories than moms pregnant with girls?
And yet, when I mentioned that to my DH last night, he looked surprised. He must be thinking girl, and he hasn't been wrong yet.
I'll just be so happy to see this baby in March. We have boy and girl baby clothes so we're prepared either way.
#21 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 01:50 PM

I think I'm having a boy, but I have no reason to think that. This pregnancy has been identical so far to the pregnancy with dd. It's kind of like the cycle I got pregnant - we'd been trying for 8 mos, and I just knew that cycle that it worked and I was pregnant. And I was. No symptoms, just knew. It kind of feels like that. But it also doesn't make much sense, since I feel like there's no way I could know. So I'm just kinda shrugging my shoulders and if people ask, say I think it's a boy, but who knows.

I know dh would love to have a boy. I'd like to have a boy just so the pressure's off. Ultimately, we'd like even numbers of boys and girls, but at least one of each. Last time I had no idea whether it was a boy or girl. I'd actually rather be thinking that, so I don't have an attachment to a particular gender before the birth.

Guess it'll be an interesting six months or so!
#22 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicely_m View Post
but I've got terrible morning sickness, so it's a girl... .

I never had even one second of morning sickness with either of my girls! None this time, either!

I never really had strong feelings with my first. My second we chose not to find out the sex and I felt very strongly the whole time that she was a girl (and so did dd1!) This time dd1 thinks it's a boy. I don't have any strong feelings, though I'm leaning maybe more towards boy.
#23 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm going on girl, partly based on history (dd, ds, dd, ds), part;y based on only having a good girls name picked so far, and partly based on because it would be so much easier for me as I can't fit another bed in the boys room.
#24 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 02:53 PM

I am feeling boy like I did with Easton, and once again everyone else thinks girl. ( There are no girl grandbabes on either side and they all seem to think that I am going to fix that) I just hope baby is healthy and born here, and if it is a boy that is awesome since we have either gn or boy things.

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#25 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM

I think it's going to be a boy

My husband isn't convinced, but I think it's a boy although I would be delighted with either!!
#26 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM

NamastePlatypus - I just clicked on the link in your siggy line and said out loud "Oh!! I want one!" I want one!! They are too cute!!!!!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#27 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Im really : for my girl. I have 2 boys and a girl would be so perfect!!! Then again either way it would be great!!!! I don't have a strong feeling either way but my dh thinks it is a boy!
#28 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 03:49 PM

I'm no good with vibes. BUT, I have slipped several times and called the baby a "he". That just might be my personal preference coming out, though, or maybe even just that my last pregnancy was a boy, so that's what my brain remembers. I really have no solid feelings or vibes either way.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#29 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 04:28 PM

I am really feeling this one is a girl, our Ayla. Only 7 weeks until we know for sure.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#30 of 43 Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM

We're having twins, and have mixed feelings about sex. We'd love to have a boy and a girl, but that would present problems later with sharing a bedroom (we have a small but much-loved apartment). We'd love to have two girls, and that would be easiest with the room-sharing. But my husband has a track record of having boys, so we'll see how it all works out.

Mama to twins Wren and Robin, 3/3/08.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page