The "Because I'm Cranky" Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think we all need a place to vent our frustrations. Petty or not. Pregnancy related or not. Valid or not. And because I'm cranky this morning, I'll start....

I am so happy to be blessed with this little one but I swear if I get ONE MORE ZIT I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND!!!!

Why - no matter how hard I try - can I never get my kids to school early? We're always there just in time and I HATE rushing them!!

I hate laundry. I hate the piles of clean clothes I have in my laundry room that I have no motivation to actually put away.

I don't feel like talking to anyone today. So why do people keep calling and making me answer the phone at work?! Hello!!!! I'm CRANKY people!!!! :

I DESPISE yucky pregnancy dreams!! I had one about my DP's ex - WHO I DON'T EVEN KNOW!! - that I can't shake. He did nothing wrong but I'm upset at my DREAM! Ugh!!!

Okay...someone please join me in my complaining/pity party. You know they say misery loves company....

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 AM

If this cat doesn't stop stepping all over my boobs everytime I sit down, I swear I'm going to cook him up and eat him!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 PM

Dearest, darling husband.

If you load the dishwasher in such a way that the dishes are literally touching each other, there is NO WAY THEY ARE GOING TO GET CLEAN.

I know you think that you might be able to squeeze 2 loads of dishes into 1, in the name of water conservation/soap conservation, etc, but I promise, you can't. We end up having to either run the dishwasher 4 times to get them clean, or I just end up washing them by hand after washing them in the dishwasher.

Either way, your method really doesn't conserve water. Much better to do it right the first time, even if it means doing 2 loads, than to make me re-do it several days later.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, I'm in a bad mood today too. A really bad mood. Mostly because my SIL is having her baby today. That should be a nice thing. I should be nothing but happy for her....but honestly I'm all torn up inside, and yes, I will admit it, jealous as heck. And if she has a girl I will probably cry for the rest of the week. :
ARGH. I can't wait til 2007 is just over already. I have been pregnant for 38 weeks this year already.
Oh, and also I put off having a root canal when I found out I was pg, and now I really need to get that done. I am a total dental phobic so that is putting me in a foul mood as well. But even more fun, I have to figure out whether my COBRA for my dental plan has gone through before I set up my appointment.
So, kind of a sucky day for me. On the other hand, I'm enjoying being at home with just my youngest for the morning. I used to work full-time, so it's awfully nice to just hang out with my little sweetie and have some special one-on-one time with her. I should go for a walk with her in the nice sunshine-y, warm fall day, look at the brightly colored leaves, visit some cows and chickens, and cheer myself up.
to everyone having a rough day.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Why is it that someone can't make, or I'm not smart enough to purchase, maternity underwear that actually covers up my butt. Just because my belly is growing does not mean my butt is shrinking.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:13 PM

Katrinka:

JustJamie & DelaneyMom:

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

Old 10-22-2007, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

You know how when you bite the inside of your cheek you seem to keep doing it again and again? Why?! I swear if I bite the same spot again...

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
Old 10-22-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katrinka~ View Post
And if she has a girl I will probably cry for the rest of the week. :

Old 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Here's a petty gripe: so last Friday I left work early to go to my ultrasound. This morning, not a SINGLE one of my co-workers has asked how it went : Seeing as I work for a really small company, and we all know each other well, and they all knew where I was last friday, plus the fact that my BOSS is family (DH's cousin), you'd think SOMEBODY would have said SOMETHING. :

Old 10-22-2007, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkat View Post
Here's a petty gripe: so last Friday I left work early to go to my ultrasound. This morning, not a SINGLE one of my co-workers has asked how it went : Seeing as I work for a really small company, and we all know each other well, and they all knew where I was last friday, plus the fact that my BOSS is family (DH's cousin), you'd think SOMEBODY would have said SOMETHING. :
I didn't see a thread from you about your ultrasound (I did a quick glance...may have missed it). Tell us how it went! You know we're interested in hearing all about it.

Never mind!! I just saw your thread. Ugh and sorry! For others who are interested, here's how it went:

Quote:
Got to see the baby!! But: no cooperation Had her legs locked tight the entire time. The tech was very patient, though, and looked and looked, and the very fact that we never once saw a flicker of anything boy-like has me feeling pretty sure that Robin is a GIRL! The tech said she guessed 75% likely that it's a girl And I've been getting strong girl vibes ever since she started moving AND ananas over at the I'm Pregnant prediction thread predicted girl, so we're going with that! What a funny surprise if it turns out in 20 weeks we are wrong

The most important thing: healthy, healthy, healthy! All the right parts in all the right places, she's right on target for my estimated dates, placenta's in a great location, PLUS she looks like Skeletor!! I feel so much better now; a huge weight off my shoulders. And now I am very extremely confident going into a homebirth.

Thanks for your support, ladies! Having this group means so much to me, and I'm so happy to be sharing good news!

Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM

The bank is evil! The bank is EVIL!! ('nuff said)

Dh, please oh please do something while you're home other than surf the internet and play with the baby. I know a 19 mo is some work, but why does your 20 wk pg wife HAVE TO DO NEARLY ALL THE TIDYING AND CLEANING WHEN YOU ARE A SAHD?????

MIL, please learn to use these very important words: "I'm sorry." Yes, that's right, you screwed up our weekend and we barely salvaged it and made something of it. Yes, when you call your son in a semi-panic he will come help you clean your house for your party. That does not mean that we didn't have plans (that we'd been planning for nearly 2 months) or that we're happy to give up our weekend to clean junk out of your basement so you can put candles on your washing machine. Trust me, no one (NO ONE!) can tell the difference between the "before" and "after" tidying/cleaning in your house. It always looks precisely the same - messy and cluttered. Yes, that's fun and I like it too. But really, PLAN for your party and don't expect your son to spend his entire Saturday away from his family helping you move piles of laundry and other junk because you couldn't be bothered to do the work yourself last week. ::::: It would help IMMENSELY if you would have apologized to me and/or dh for needing his help so badly that we had to cancel our plans - but no, I forgot - you never make mistakes, and are in fact irritated with both of us right now because we didn't help out more cheerfully.

Dear pregnant body, please please PLEASE stop hurting so much in so many funny places. I know you're working hard; so am I. Let's try to keep it together. I promise to do more yoga and go for a short walk at lunch if you promise to hurt less, ok?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Dear baby....please move more. Your mommy loves you and is a little paranoid and needs reminders that you're doing well.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM

:

Also, dh, I want to keep the shiny new phone. You work in construction, yours is more durable. I want to get the nice new thing for a change.

I know I love love my doctor but I don't want to drive 30 min to see her tomorrow. Dh usually drives but he has to work.

I wish the salvation army would pick things up. I have 3 bags of stuff that just never seems to make its way out of my house, and I really want to get rid of it.

I really don't want to call the credit card company to get them to remove the late fee. It pisses me off that the cutoff for payments is 5pm eastern time. I did not know this. When did I try to pay? 6pm eastern time. Hello $40 late fee. Isn't there a level in hell for userers?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:25 PM

Wow, everyone.

I'm having an awful day too.

I suddenly gained all this weight and the maternity jeans I bought TWO WEEKS AGO are now too tight (in the hips, not the belly ) and they were WAY too expensive...

I went to the gym but even the lightest workout was making my belly achy so I went home frustrated...

Things have been really stressful at work and I was HATING feeling so tense and wondering whether it might be affecting the baby, which makes me SO sad... and then I came home and cried about it.

Sorry about the stress, baby. :
Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 PM

My new favorite thread.

Heartburn?

Carpal tunnel?

Sacro-iliac pain?

21 weeks and STILL? :Puke

Some days are definitely better than others.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ani~ View Post
Wow, everyone.

I'm having an awful day too.

I suddenly gained all this weight and the maternity jeans I bought TWO WEEKS AGO are now too tight (in the hips, not the belly ) and they were WAY too expensive...

I went to the gym but even the lightest workout was making my belly achy so I went home frustrated...

Things have been really stressful at work and I was HATING feeling so tense and wondering whether it might be affecting the baby, which makes me SO sad... and then I came home and cried about it.

Sorry about the stress, baby. :
I am just so with you on all of the above. Today I put on my maternity pants I bought a couple weeks ago and they are getting snug in the hips. I keep having BH and want to exercise but don't want to overdo it and it hurts to walk thanks to all the bizarre pelvic pain I'm having. : I too have been having horrible stress at work and feel guilty about feeling stressed on top of it all.

It has to get better now, right??
Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 PM

What an awesome thread!!! The best yet!!!

I still can't breathe.

No matter how much laundry I do, it just keeps coming.

We don't have enough money as it is now and if things don't improve quick we could end up without a car and house! STRESSFUL!!!!!!!

I am as big as a barn and tomorrow is TP Tuesday again...

My boobs hurt so bad I want to just rip them from my body. They didn't hurt this bad when I was "Dolly Pardon" engorged with my first baby!!! On top of that they will not stop growing!!!! Perhaps they could qualify for their own zip code!!!

I need to feel the baby move more to keep my sanity.

I feel a little better now. I am so thankful to have you all to share with.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lilkat and Karen, thanks for the hugs. MWAH. I needed those.

Kim, I was going to complain about my boobs too. I don't get it -- they totally feel like I could pop a baby on and nurse it right this very minute. Do I get to feel like this for 21 more weeks? AAAAAHHHHHHHH! And every time my toddler or preschooler crashes into them or sticks their elbow in one in order to get themselves more comfortable on the couch, holy crap does it hurt.

Also add me to the list of people with too much laundry, and the list of people whose DHs are dishwasher-impaired.

I got my stupid root canal scheduled and I have to wait til next week. Grumble.

Hoping everybody has a much better day tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Plus2 View Post
Dear baby....please move more. Your mommy loves you and is a little paranoid and needs reminders that you're doing well.
Hear, hear! Move and wiggle, little frog, move and wiggle!

And, dear neighborhood store, why can't you stock the wonderful packets of soup I was able to find when we were on vacation. If a tiny little mountain town can have the (1 cup, just 1 cup!) packets of instant soup, why can't you? Don't you know that I'm craving soup, all day, every day? And those little packets are just enough to satisfy my craving without tipping me over into consuming way too much sodium. Why? Why?

(I think I need to talk to my store about a special order. )
Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 PM

Gosh. This thread makes me feel so blessed! I had morning sickness a little, but never threw up. This is the first time in my life since I was little that my skin is 100% clear. I've gained 2 lbs (19 weeks preg) and I feel perfectly 100% normal all the time. No huge boobs, no weird changes, no stretch marks, no line up my belly, no soreness, no insomnia, no cravings, no ickiness at all. Yay!

BUT

Baby, the first time I felt you move I was in awe. The next 200-300 movements were amazing, but now you don't STOP moving. Ever. You kick like a pro quarterback. Do you know how weird it is to feel an alien squirming around inside you when you are trying to sleep, eat, take a poo, and have sex?

SERIOUSLY! It's CREEPY so can you CUT IT OUT FOR JUST FIVE MINUTES?!!!

(I swear there are ten in there and they are working in shifts. Is it POSSIBLE to have ADHD in the womb?)

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 10-23-2007, 01:58 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberskyfire View Post
Gosh. This thread makes me feel so blessed! I had morning sickness a little, but never threw up. This is the first time in my life since I was little that my skin is 100% clear. I've gained 2 lbs (19 weeks preg) and I feel perfectly 100% normal all the time. No huge boobs, no weird changes, no stretch marks, no line up my belly, no soreness, no insomnia, no cravings, no ickiness at all. Yay!

BUT

Baby, the first time I felt you move I was in awe. The next 200-300 movements were amazing, but now you don't STOP moving. Ever. You kick like a pro quarterback. Do you know how weird it is to feel an alien squirming around inside you when you are trying to sleep, eat, take a poo, and have sex?

(I swear there are ten in there and they are working in shifts. Is it POSSIBLE to have ADHD in the womb?)

Oh that made me laugh so hard!!!

I am sick of carpal tunnel, my crappy cell phone, and all the dang housework. I want a stinking dishwasher!! I don't care how un-green it is. I Oh and I am really tired of my hands going numb and hurting. Did I mention that carpal tunnel is a real pain? I also wish an answer would come to me as to where I am to have this baby *sigh* Oh and last, but certainly not least...I hate carpal tunnel. Oh and I am forgetting the Reynaud's syndrome. Frozen nipples are so NOT fun!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

BUT

My official complaint today is amberskyfire. What she's cranky about is what I'm wanting. You know I'm kidding...right? I am seriously jealous though of your super clear skin and active little one. I'll take a little bit of that off your hands if you need me to.

I want to know why Dunkin' Donuts makes their lattes "scald the skin off your tongue" hot?!

And why do I always get stuck behind the people buying cigarettes - always the obscure brand that the clerk can't find - and 30 lotto tickets?!

How many times can a 4 1/2-year-old tattle on her twin sister in an hour??

Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
My official complaint today is amberskyfire. What she's cranky about is what I'm wanting. You know I'm kidding...right? I am seriously jealous though of your super clear skin and active little one. I'll take a little bit of that off your hands if you need me to.
Hehe, I can understand that I was a total wreck before feeling baby move for the first time.

But seriously. You CAN'T focus while having "special time" with DH when your belly is jumping around like a bean! It's disturbing, like the threesome from hell.

It feels like we aren't "alone" when we're alone...

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
DBZ

Quote:
How many times can a 4 1/2-year-old tattle on her twin sister in an hour??
How many seconds er how many nanoseconds are in an hour?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
I am sick of carpal tunnel, my crappy cell phone, and all the dang housework. I want a stinking dishwasher!! I don't care how un-green it is. I Oh and I am really tired of my hands going numb and hurting. Did I mention that carpal tunnel is a real pain? I also wish an answer would come to me as to where I am to have this baby *sigh* Oh and last, but certainly not least...I hate carpal tunnel. Oh and I am forgetting the Reynaud's syndrome. Frozen nipples are so NOT fun!
I feel for ya on the carpal tunnel... pain and numb, numb and pain.... MORE PAIN... EXTRA NUMB. numb and pain, pain and numb... stoopid arms. I sure hope I'm able to even HOLD my baby by the time it gets here!!! "only" 19 more weeks of it eh? :
What I wouldn't do to curl up at night and just SLEEP.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But seriously. You CAN'T focus while having "special time" with DH when your belly is jumping around like a bean! It's disturbing, like the threesome from hell.

It feels like we aren't "alone" when we're alone...
I do understand what you mean. I feel light movement but have an antierior placenta (I'm pretty sure) so the movements are muffled. But the first good thump I did feel was when I was in a compromising position to say the least. And what do you do?! "Wait!! Stop!!! The baby just kicked!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ
How many seconds er how many nanoseconds are in an hour?
I'm not really sure but I would bet a million bucks she can figure out things to tattle on for every single one of those nanoseconds! She's on a ROLL today!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I do understand what you mean. I feel light movement but have an antierior placenta (I'm pretty sure) so the movements are muffled. But the first good thump I did feel was when I was in a compromising position to say the least. And what do you do?! "Wait!! Stop!!! The baby just kicked!"

My hubby just HATES it. We'll be right in the middle of something and I'll just burst out laughing uncontrollably (which I can tell you right now can ruin a mood!) or I'll yell "stop that!" and hubby will be like "what? What did I do?" and I'll have to say "no, not you! I'm talking to the baby." There. Mood ruined. :

Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 PM

I love this thread!

E, my little 3 year old, do you HAVE to lie on mommy to go to sleep? The baby does NOT like it and neither do I!

O colleague at work, why didn't you do your job today so that I wouldn't have to lose the work time I cleared for my project by staying up late all weekend reading to do it for you?

O students, do you all have to have crises and want to come see me? I am sick of it! Go have a crisis somewhere else! I don't have time!

O no, I just forgot, I have to fix your Halloween costume big D! I promised! No more internet for me!

Why is it that *I* have to call the new babysitter and set up a meeting with her when she will be coming over when *I* will be out of town? Why can't dh the sahd do it?

fiona
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 AM

Best. Thread. Ever.

Why am I incapable of eating ANYTHING without getting a little bit on my shirt?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:33 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkat View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

Why am I incapable of eating ANYTHING without getting a little bit on my shirt?
OMG me too!! All my shirts now have stains. I even resorted to buying Tide with Bleach.

User Tag List