Who else will be wearing... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 11-20-2007, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a hotsling, a WAHM pouch sling, 2 mei teis (one with extra wide straps that I really love), a wrap and a ring sling or two. My only trepidation is that I dropped my 2 year old while trying to get her into a sling at the grocery store when she was like 10 weeks old. She wasn't hurt at all (landed on her bum and I mostly caught her. I still slung her after that but I tended to lean more toward wraps and things where I just felt more secure.
#32 of 44 Old 11-20-2007, 03:28 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GathererGirl View Post
Kara, wraps are easy to make! You could even make one out of that tie-dyed sheet, probably. Here's a link with great instuctions on choosing fabric and making a wrap.
I don't think I have enough yardage to do a wrap with the sheet. It looked great as a make shift sling, so I was thinking of doing the RS thing. I'm not afraid of my sewing machine. I just need time LOL. Besides I want a baby wearing stash! I loved wearing Abby so much. I miss wearing her. I need to get a toddler carry. She prolly wouldn't go for it though. Silly little girl wants to WALK everywhere LOL

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#33 of 44 Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Trinitty ~ thanks for that link. Those do look like nice wraps. They are close to me so I may just get one. Love the look of them.

I really want to wear this baby. With ds, I had two carriers store bought and couldn't use either b/c he was born with clubfeet so required full leg casts and then a bar worn with shoes attached 23 hours a day. So it just wasn't possible.
I'm thinking of getting a hotsling or one called Little Star Baby Sling but still researching. Seems like there are so many types and varieties; gets confusing!
#34 of 44 Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 AM

We adored our ring slings (1 cotton homemade by a friend, 1 Maya) with ds and didn't really try anything else except a total of 3-4 hours in a Bjorn we were given.

This time I'm excited about my new Moby wrap -- just tried it out with my 3 week old niece and I can tell it will be great for the first months, at least.

I also want a couple pouches. I'm thinking maybe a fleece for the cold times and a hotsling too. Great idea to add them to my Xmas list... Will also borrow an Ergo from a friend to try out.
#35 of 44 Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 AM

I have a maya wrap from my first dd as well as an Ergo (love it!). For this new babe, I purchased a hotsling and will also get a moby.
#36 of 44 Old 11-21-2007, 10:36 AM

I honestly thought I was the only one with multiple slings. Around here NO ONE wears there baby! I have about 10 pouch slings I made when dd was still riding in one!! She suddenly started throwing fits about it as soon as I got pg (before I even knew)!

wife to an amazing man and mom to my 5 amazing children sd (16), sd (13), d (5), son (2), & caboose d born 11/15/09 and two goats but they don't have anything for that
#37 of 44 Old 11-21-2007, 11:07 PM

We will be wearing our baby too!! I have a Hot Sling, a DIY wrap and a mei tai my friend gave me. Today I ordered a Didymos! I am excited for that to come.

Stefanie- Wife to the love of my life Scott. Mom to Skyler (7), Scott Jr (6) and Sienna: (2).
#38 of 44 Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 PM

We will be wearing our babe too. So far I only have a Moby wrap. I want to get a whole bunch more, but I need to narrow it down. I definitely want an Ergo, a woven wrap, mei tai and ring sling. And maybe a pouch.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#39 of 44 Old 11-23-2007, 09:13 AM

I have

maya wrap ring sling
new native pouch
kozy carrier
ergo
babytrekker
hotsling mesh pouch (for next summer, at the beach)

I would like to get another pouch and a wrap. Not sure what type/kind yet. I think I want an adjustable pouch though.

I also want to get a kindercoat. I can still wear/zip-up my regular winter coats. However, it is probably a bit naive to think they are going to last me for the next 3 months. I should probably just get a kindercoat now..

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#40 of 44 Old 11-23-2007, 03:43 PM

I already have:

a mai tai
a ring pouch
an Ergo

I used these with DD and like them all. I'm going to use them once DS gets here, too. I think I'm going to buy a wrap, too, though. That should complete my collection.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#41 of 44 Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 PM

I plan on wearing mine all the time and then sleeping with him at night. I worry sometimes about getting tired, but I figure if I can carry him around for nine months, I can carry him in a sling until he's walking, right?

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#42 of 44 Old 11-24-2007, 10:05 AM

I like to have more than one sling for those times when baby gives me back all the milk I just gave him. I've had to throw my sling in the wash just as I was leaving the house and been very thankful I had more than one! Besides, the sling has to at least not clash horribly with what I'm wearing!

: mama to 4 boys
: : :
#43 of 44 Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 AM

Of course, we are a babywearing family. DS & DD wear their dollbabies as well as any other toys.

I have a pouch, ring sling, wrap and mei-tei. I would like to get a new ring sling as the TMT silk one I had with dd ripped. I am hoping for a Rockin Baby Sling.

PM
#44 of 44 Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberskyfire View Post
I plan on wearing mine all the time and then sleeping with him at night. I worry sometimes about getting tired, but I figure if I can carry him around for nine months, I can carry him in a sling until he's walking, right?
totally

My advice is always this: start young! Although I know with my first, I never felt completely comfortable until she was a few months old, to leave the house with a sling on- but it can be done. And the younger you start, the more your muscles build. So, if you want to be able to carry a toddler around who weighs 35 + pounds in a hip carry for a length of time- start with a pouch when that baby is newborn. Trust me, your body will adapt right along with the baby. Now, if you plan to do lots of back carries, start with those early on as well. Otherwise, like me after a c-section, you will have built up a different set of muscles and regret not being able to do lots of back carries with an older toddler without some pain.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page