Get- to -know Game - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
March 2008 > Get- to -know Game
kluella's Avatar kluella 02:54 AM 11-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnie;9823490[B
Where are you from?[/B] Socorro, NM
Currently residing? Socorro, NM
Totally OT but my brother is a freshman at NMT right now! Small world...

avasmomleigh's Avatar avasmomleigh 11:01 AM 11-26-2007
This is fun!!

When is your estimated due date? 3/27/08
Is this your first pregnancy? no
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have a 5 1/2 yo montessori girl named Ava
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, a boy
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Planning a hospital birth
What have you loved about being pregnant? feeling the baby move, and listening to dd's stories about everything she is going to do with the baby-she slept with her head on my abdomen the other night, and the baby moved his head next to hers-so cute! Glad I was awake for it!
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? exhaustion in first trimester, FOGGY brain (I chose to take a job cross country-which was our plan, though dh supported me in choosing to continue with the plan once I was pregnant, we moved here in September, that I am now REALLY regretting since family is on the west coast, dh left his job-and hasn't found one yet-so I am the primary breadwinner right now-yikes! If I had a clearer brain I would have been able to analyze the situation and probably would have delayed moving till after the baby was born so I could take an adequate maternity leave and have more family help)
Where are you from? Seattle, WA
Currently residing? St. Petersburg, FL
doulanichole's Avatar doulanichole 03:02 PM 11-26-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/13/08
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? girl- 6, girl - 5, boy - 3, girl 18 mo
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? no
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? home
What have you loved about being pregnant? nesting, big belly, baby movements
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? reflux, back and pubic bone pain, tired
Where are you from? FL
Currently residing? GA
anj7's Avatar anj7 03:14 PM 11-26-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/11/08
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have 2 girls, one is 5 and the other is 2.5
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, a girl
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Hospital
What have you loved about being pregnant? Nesting as a cleaning/organizing motivator. Not watching what I eat.
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? the nosebleeds, the lack of sleep, the aches and pains in the hips and back, the aching belly.
Where are you from? Southwestern British Columbia, Canada
Currently residing? moved back to my hometown 6 years ago!
pumpkingirl71's Avatar pumpkingirl71 05:19 PM 11-26-2007
When is your estimated due date? 4/1/08, I am an imposter I am probably really due at the end of March, but my OB says 4/1 from the silly wheel. I went with it because I like the idea of an April Fool's baby, but I am sure my due date is about 3/25
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have two three year olds, a biological son and on adopted daughter
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? a hospital birth with my OB if she is on duty or a midwife
What have you loved about being pregnant? feeling the baby move. My son NEVER moved, so I am treasuring that this time. Also, I love eating!
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? I am having a real hard time sleeping due to not being able to get comfortable
Where are you from? Southeastern MA
Currently residing? Southeastern MA
Funnie's Avatar Funnie 08:35 PM 11-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluella View Post
Totally OT but my brother is a freshman at NMT right now! Small world...
How cool! It is a small world.
mleh99's Avatar mleh99 10:47 PM 11-26-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/25/08
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? Girl 3 1/2 years and a boy 22 months
What have you loved about being pregnant? The quiet moments with just me and the baby kicking away
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? ligament pains...ouch!
Where are you from? Grand Rapids, MI
Currently residing? Grand Rapids, MI
mtnjenny's Avatar mtnjenny 10:58 PM 11-26-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/22/07
Is this your first pregnancy? No
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have one 3 year old boy.
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? No
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Hospital birth
What have you loved about being pregnant? The best part of this pregnancy was when I stopped feeling soooooo sick and food finally tasted good! And of course the movement and warm fuzzy thoughts about having the baby in my arms. I'm way more impatient this time, hate to say.
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? Super bad morning sickness for 9 weeks, being tired teaching full time (most of my pregnancy with Mason was over the summer,) and pubic bone pain - YOWCH.
Where are you from? Madison, Wisconsin
Currently residing? Mountains outside of Boulder, Colorado
ripcurlgirl26's Avatar ripcurlgirl26 11:17 PM 11-26-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/24/08
Is this your first pregnancy? Nope
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? Almost 21 month old DS
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Another boy!
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Waterbirth in birthing center
What have you loved about being pregnant? Hmm.. an excuse to eat?
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? The nausea and the constant urination
Where are you from? SW Florida
Currently residing? SW Florida
Jes'sBeth's Avatar Jes'sBeth 02:47 AM 11-27-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/20/08 (but I'm telling everyone late March...)
Is this your first pregnancy? yes
How many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? We have a 2.5 yr old daughter (my wife carried her)
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? At home with our fantastic midwife from last time (she retired just after our daughter and we're THRILLED that she came back to midwifery just when we needed her!)
What have you loved about being pregnant? The incredible intimacy of feeling our baby move.
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? The morning sickness!!!!! (the heartburn, the exhaustion, so many things that i cannot quite put into words. I'm really thrilled to have this opportunity but I really don't ever want to do this again!)
Where are you from? A really small town in Southwestern Ontario
Currently residing? Ottawa, Ontario
monamcmona's Avatar monamcmona 02:56 AM 11-27-2007
When is your estimated due date? March 8th
Is this your first pregnancy? second
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, he's a he!
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Hospital.
What have you loved about being pregnant? eating!!
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? morning sickness! and working graveyard shifts, SO much harder pregnant.
Where are you from? salt lake, utah
Currently residing? same
cabbit's Avatar cabbit 06:52 AM 11-27-2007
Great thread!

When is your estimated due date? March 11 (DH's and my anniversary!)
Is this your first pregnancy? yes
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? Critters only so far (3 cats and a rabbit); this is our first child
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, a boy!
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? hospital
What have you loved about being pregnant? Pretty much everything. Feeling the flutters and kicks is amazing.
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? Typical 2nd-trimester annoyances (heartburn, uncomfortable sleep positions) and possible GD, but luckily nothing major so far
Where are you from? All over California
Currently residing? Los Angeles
Kothi's Avatar Kothi 07:46 AM 11-27-2007
When is your estimated due date?
3/5/08
Is this your first pregnancy?
2nd
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages?
1 boy - 2 y/o
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby?
"looks like a girl to me" said the US tech... I'll take that as definitive, but won't be painting anything pink just in case...
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home?
If all goes well, birthing center
What have you loved about being pregnant?
baby movement -xtra bonding i get by holding my belly and feeling her tumble and tickle etc
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant?
Just about everything else - hip/lb pain top the list, right now... this will be the last for me...
Where are you from?
Chennai, India - grew up around philly burbs
Currently residing?
AZ
vanauken's Avatar vanauken 10:13 PM 11-27-2007
When is your estimated due date? March 28, but the girls are likely to be born in February (I hope!) due to being monoamniotic (probably)
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have a 3 1/2 year old girl and an almost-two year old boy.
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, two girls!
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Hospital, and I know that it'll be a different experience this time since I'm having twins, but I had both of my other babies at this place and their nurses are across-the-board AMAZING. (And you know that the nurses are with you a lot more than the doctors!)
What have you loved about being pregnant? I love feeling the babies move, and I love the wonder I feel when I think that I have two PEOPLE inside me. I mean, how weird and wonderful is that, having an extra soul or two temporarily residing inside your body?
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? All the potential complications that come from the girls sharing an amniotic sac, and the thought of being hospitalized away from my two older children for so long. (Monoamniotic twins only have about a 40% survival rate without constant monitoring after 28 weeks, but the monitoring pushes the survival rate up over 90%, so . . . much as I hate the idea, it's worth it to get them here alive.)
Currently residing? sunny SoCal
addax's Avatar addax 09:00 AM 11-28-2007
Lol! Hi Sarah! I did not notice before that you were on here (though I'm not surprised!). I think I had seen your username before but just not registered.

When is your estimated due date? 3/17/08
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? boy, 6 1/2, and boy, 4 on Dec 29. They'll be 6 and 4 when baby is born.
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Hospital in maternal fetal medicine group. Had ds1 with midwife in Canada but ds2 was ultra high risk crisis birth. Hoping I can get what I want instead of what the nurses want: ds2's birth was good despite the setting.
What have you loved about being pregnant? Baby kicks, the thrill of anticipation, my sons' excitement.
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? nausea, exhaustion, round ligament pain, varicose veins...
JustJamie's Avatar JustJamie 10:30 AM 11-28-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/25/08
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have a 27 month old girl
What have you loved about being pregnant? I've finally lost some of the baby weight from my daughter
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? insomnia
Where are you from? St. Louis, MO
Currently residing? Germany
peabosf's Avatar peabosf 04:14 PM 11-28-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/13/08

If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have a little boy, Thomas, who just turned 2 last week.

Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, a girl.

What have you loved about being pregnant? Maternity clothes and my ever expanding belly. Feeling the little munchkin move. Food tastes really good!

What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? I miss wine. Worrying about elevating blood pressure and possible induction.

Where are you from? Bay Area, CA

Currently residing? San Francisco, CA
Kappa's Avatar Kappa 04:19 PM 11-28-2007
When is your estimated due date? 3/24/08
Is this your first pregnancy? yes!
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes, a boy!
What have you loved about being pregnant? My hair grows like I'm Cousin It
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? heartburn, giving up red wine
Where are you from? Texas
Currently residing? Texas
milky_mama's Avatar milky_mama 10:17 PM 11-28-2007
When is your estimated due date? March 3, 2008

If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? a beautiful girl, 3 years old

Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Yes! A girl!

What have you loved about being pregnant? Feeling the baby move, knowing that it is such a miracle, seeing my daughter get excited about the new baby

What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? morning sickness, insatiable hunger, exhaustion

Where are you from? Virginia

Currently residing? Indiana
jerawo's Avatar jerawo 03:03 AM 11-29-2007
When is your estimated due date? March 8
Is this your first pregnancy? No
If not, how many kids do you have and are they boys or girls and what ages? I have a 2.5 year old boy.
Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby? Not until the baby arrives!
Are you birthing at a hospital, birthing center or at home? Home
What have you loved about being pregnant? Knowing that the complications I had with #1 aren't any worse this time around and I can still have another homebirth. Seeing DS give the baby a kiss, and get excited when we ask what is in mommy's belly. Knowing I get to wear and breastfeed another baby. Being smaller and not gaining as much weight. Being more relaxed and at ease and confident about everything. Visiting with my MW again. Feeling a baby move inside me again. Going to prenatal yoga.
What have you not loved so much about being pregnant? Being constipated for 6 months (and counting). Being sick and tired in the beginning.
Where are you from? Nashville, TN
Currently residing? Same as above. We moved back here for good right before DS was born.
1  2

Up