Hang in there, little one!

Take it easy!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I may be going in, in a few.....contractions are still 2-3 an hour, and my cervix is feeling crampy. Baby hates the terb and is acting like he is on a sugar high....so that may be some of the reason, but I dont know. Im feeling weak and crappy again.

I did manage to eat a little plain chicken, and I have been drinking plenty of fluids, and the abdominal pain hasnt been too bad...its just the contractions right now
#33 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Dr wants in to be checked said with a double dose of meds I shouldnt be contracting this much still

If I end up staying, someone will come update everyone!
#34 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Im homw now after monitoring and a shot of meds Dr is threatening hospital bedrest
#35 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 AM

:
#36 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Big hugs to you! Sure hope you are feeling better soon! And many stay put baby vibes coming your way.

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
#37 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas!

My Dr is trying to see if he can get insurance to approve me to go in once a night for an hour to get a shot instead of confining me to hospital bedrest....we are hoping they agree to it, since it will be a heck of alot cheaper than keeping me there for the next 12 weeks.
#38 of 45 Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 PM

Hospital Bedrest! Yuck! I like the once a night shot thing. Your insurance should approve it if the alternate is checking you in. Hospital bills are notoriously huge. Keep us updated hope it all goes well!
#39 of 45 Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 AM

hey....sorry and hope the shots work out....did you try nifedipine at all? I had to switch between the two and that helped, also I used a home terbutaline pump which my insurance covered so I didn't have to do hospital bedrest ...don't know if you have already considered these but for me they both worked better than the terb pills...good luck
#40 of 45 Old 12-14-2007, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariag View Post
hey....sorry and hope the shots work out....did you try nifedipine at all? I had to switch between the two and that helped, also I used a home terbutaline pump which my insurance covered so I didn't have to do hospital bedrest ...don't know if you have already considered these but for me they both worked better than the terb pills...good luck

They dont do terb pumps in our county unfortunatly...I tried getting one with my twins too and couldnt. I dont know what nifedipine is....Ill look it up and ask....I know they dont do procardia though...all I have have ever heard them offering here is terb.
#41 of 45 Old 12-16-2007, 02:28 AM

I'm so sorry mama. I'm not in your ddc but it sounds so much like what happened to me when my dd was born I couldn't read without responding. Nifedipine is the same thing as procardia. It is actually supposed to be more effective and have less side effects, so i'm not sure why it isn't used more. They didn't use it on me, just the terb, but they were about to start mag sulfate when I had a complication so they couldn't use it. If you are on hospital bedrest they might want to use mag on you, which unfortunately is supposed to be yucky but it is supposed to work very well at stopping the contractions. I hope your pain goes away and that little one hangs in there. Sending good thoughts your way!
#42 of 45 Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
I'm so sorry mama. I'm not in your ddc but it sounds so much like what happened to me when my dd was born I couldn't read without responding. Nifedipine is the same thing as procardia. It is actually supposed to be more effective and have less side effects, so i'm not sure why it isn't used more. They didn't use it on me, just the terb, but they were about to start mag sulfate when I had a complication so they couldn't use it. If you are on hospital bedrest they might want to use mag on you, which unfortunately is supposed to be yucky but it is supposed to work very well at stopping the contractions. I hope your pain goes away and that little one hangs in there. Sending good thoughts your way!
I had mag for 3 days with my twins....and it was nasty!!!

So far the past 2 days have been ok.....1-2 contractions an hour, but not every hour. Ive been feeling very off the past 2 days though...very achy in my hips and upper thighs....prolly from all the contractions the few days before.

Hopefully by monday afternoon, I will know more about getting the shots nightly instead of hospital bedrest. Right now, I will do what it takes to have a healthy baby, but it would be too hard on our family to do hospital bedrest.
#43 of 45 Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 AM

I'm glad things have slowed down. May it stay that way! Stay put baby! Hang in there Mama!
#44 of 45 Old 12-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Hope the insurance company is rational about the daily shots rather than hospital bed rest... You never know with insurance, right!

And glad things have slowed down recently. Sending you warm wishes for some easier times and a baby who stays put!
#45 of 45 Old 12-17-2007, 10:03 AM

Hope you are doing better! Thinking about you!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page