Names Check-in - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are pretty sure this baby is a boy:-)! His name will be Jackson William (named after great-grandfathers)

If we are shocked beyond belief and it is a girl.....Scarlett Amelia (or if our next is a girl:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 PM

Our girl names were many. I liked Opal best! For boys we have been kicking several names around and have landed on Ezra which we both like. My children all have my maiden name as their middle, Ezra will too
Old 01-17-2008, 03:27 PM

We're pretty seriously considering Genavieve (DH family name) and then calling her Genna (after my highschool dog Jenna .

I had always jokingly said that I'd name a daughter Jenna because it struck me as the sort of name that would limit one from becoming too much of a princess. Now that the girl is imminent it seemed silly and I couldn't come around to Jenna with a G, but our son has completely adopted it and refers to her as such all the time. Oh well. My mother and sisters all think its great.

Haven't been able to come up with a middle name yet though.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM

It's pretty amazing that I'm posting to this thread, because when it started I was all depressed because I felt like we'd NEVER agree on names. It was SO EASY last time and we've had a really hard time finding names we both like this time.

But...as of yesterday, I actually think we've settled on names (holds breath). We don't share names IRL, so you guys are the first (and last) to hear, before baby's born.

A boy will be Eli Thurston

A girl will be Mira Sabelle.

Either way, they'll get dh's last name as a 2nd middle name and my last name as the surname. ds was the reverse (he has dh's last name).

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 01-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Our son will be named Dax Justice. Dax means unique, leader and Justice is something that has special meaning to both DH and I. If by some miracle our zillion ultrasounds were wrong (high-risk, highly monitored pregnancy), and we have a girl, she will be named Josalyn Paige. (Nicknamed Josie)
Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbonem View Post
We're pretty seriously considering Genavieve
I LOVE this name - it's so sweepingly romantic. If I didn't feel an obligation to use a name from my husband's family (Helen, which i'm fine with) for our English middle name, I would have used it. After all, every littler girl should be a little princess, no...? a princess is as a princess does, anyway. (yes, perhaps I was overly influenced by the book as a kid...)
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 PM

We just decided on Jonathan James this week. DD is disappointed we didn't take her suggestion of Pooh Bear...

Jenn

User Tag List