Your most TMI.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Taking this idea from another group...think its April.

What is your most tmi thing this pregnancy?

Mine is the fact that it feels when I poop I am about to give birth. It hurts so bad that I will sweat and cry.

Huge issues with gas that no one should ever have

We haven't since I was 7 weeks pregnant that's a long time.

alright you all know way TMI about me what about you?
#2 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

alright ladies don't leave me hanging here
#3 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 AM

wow 7 weeks? Really? Medical reason? Were still getting it done. However the quantity has definitly slowed down this trimester. I too am having gas issues. I'm like an old lady who can't hold it in. I just walk around Walmart letting it out wherever. I usually have about a 2 second warning before it happens so I try to get away from others. My most TMI is the whole peeing on myself thing. Definitly didn't happen with dd so beware 1st time momma's. Next go round things don't hold up so well. Come to think about it thats an old lady thing too. Anytime I sneeze and/or cough I have about a teaspoon to a tablespoon leak out. Once again sometimes I have a warning & am able to keagle during the sneeze/cough but with this most of the times theres just no stopping it. Just resorted to wearing a panty liner constantly.

wife to an amazing man and mom to my 5 amazing children sd (16), sd (13), d (5), son (2), & caboose d born 11/15/09 and two goats but they don't have anything for that
#4 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM

I totally hear ya on the poopin thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Robin View Post
We haven't since I was 7 weeks pregnant that's a long time.
We have still been occasionally (maybe once a week or less often), but I haven't : in about 4 or 5 months. I am wondering if it'll ever happen again.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#5 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM

Well, since you asked

1. I have the gas problem too. Horrifically. Sometimes lately my husband has been sleeping on the couch because of it.

2. So much discharge I've had to wear pads for most of my pregnancy or I get a rash between my legs. I hate pads and find this one to be so unfair!:

3. I never get dressed anymore unless I have to go somewhere. I'll even take a shower and put my jammies back on. Nothing fits comfortably. And when I do go somewhere, I always wear the same pair of pants or my overalls. (not really TMI, but still embarrassing)

ahhh....pregnancy.

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
#6 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
We have still been occasionally (maybe once a week or less often), but I haven't : in about 4 or 5 months. I am wondering if it'll ever happen again.
We've like once in the last couple months DH has been sleeping in the guest room for about a month now, cause I was keeping him up with my hourly trips to the bathroom, and he was keeping me up with his snoring. I can still :, but they are of the DIY variety...

My biggest TMI is that I'm having a hard time contorting myself into a position to wipe properly I shower daily and pay special attention down there, so I'm clean at least, but trying to get completely clean while on the toilet is near impossible.

Also, I'm almost to the point where I can't put on socks by myself anymore.

So glad to have you all to commiserate with!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#7 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner'smama View Post

2. So much discharge I've had to wear pads for most of my pregnancy or I get a rash between my legs. I hate pads and find this one to be so unfair!:

ahhh....pregnancy.
Buy a few cloth pads. You'll forget they are there.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#8 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM

I am still DTD very regularly and I get a nasty clear clumpy thick mucous if DP well...............leaves a deposit.
#9 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
Buy a few cloth pads. You'll forget they are there.
Thanks for the suggestion. That is what I'm using, and they are certainly better than the disposables!

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
#10 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Ugh, after having two babies already my entire pelvic region is kind of letting me down. As if peeing myself wasn't bad enough now I'm really trying to include a lot of fruits and fiber in my diet because I have developed a very uncomfortable case of hemorrhoids to the point that even wiping is painful.
#11 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:26 PM

I am having the poop issue too...I take some fiber to help out sometimes and try to eat fruit. Still hurts though. And I'm discharging like nobody's business. I've had to switch to family cloth so that I could stand wiping as I am so sensitive. And I noticed the my smell has changed...*laughs* and sometimes my nether regions smell like food to me now. Just weird! I went for two weeks thinking I smelled like ramen noodles all the time...DH just said I was crazy.
#12 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=lilkat;10462713]We've like once in the last couple months DH has been sleeping in the guest room for about a month now, cause I was keeping him up with my hourly trips to the bathroom, and he was keeping me up with his snoring. I can still :, but they are of the DIY variety...
:
#13 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiblyn View Post
laughs* and sometimes my nether regions smell like food to me now. Just weird! I went for two weeks thinking I smelled like ramen noodles all the time...DH just said I was crazy.
This made me laugh out loud at work. I'm a bit smellier than before, but not like food.

I also have the discharge issue-what a pain.

The peeing myself when I cough or sneeze is the worst to me though.
#14 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM

So I am not the only one peeing on myself - hallelujah!!! I thought I was such a freak! (And I still can't figure out how it is happening.) For the last couple of weeks I have felt like I "had to go" (pick a number) and when I get in there - nothing - or I might get a trickle after 5 mins.

We have not DTD in MONTHS. Which is rather ironic b/c normally I am insatiable and my DH is, ah, not so much. Since the first trimester (I am in week 33) I haven't wanted to once! Now I am on bedrest so we can't even if I wanted to. DH is VERY understanding about it all. Embarassingly, I attempted to help him out manually and ended up falling asleep twice! He said it was cute how I just started snoring all of a sudden.

Another horrifying thing is that being on bedrest means when I absolutely have to go out I have to use those motoscooters in the stores that have them. They are so embarassing! Especially when the sales people say they are only there for people who really "need" them. Excuse me, but I suppose I can walk if you want me to deliver my baby in the middle of your store. Grr.

Thanks for everyone else's TMI - I don't feel so alone!

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#15 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 PM

Leaky bladder!!! I am tired of peeing myself, I don't leave the house without a pad on!!! I even had to stop hiding it from DH a few days ago...we were watching a funny movie and I laughed, coughed, and sneezed all at the same time and peed all over myself!!! Oh the shame of it all...
As far as DTD, as long as I can get through the day without developing a horrible case of gas and stay awake until bedtime, we have no issues!!!
#16 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Natural_Mom View Post

Another horrifying thing is that being on bedrest means when I absolutely have to go out I have to use those motoscooters in the stores that have them. They are so embarassing! Especially when the sales people say they are only there for people who really "need" them. Excuse me, but I suppose I can walk if you want me to deliver my baby in the middle of your store. Grr.

I have to do that as well...
#17 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkat View Post
I can still :, but they are of the DIY variety...

DIY doesn't even work for me. I think I'm broken.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#18 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

The no sex thing is because I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks due to a already dilated cervix at 7 weeks. Just wanted to explaine
#19 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 04:14 PM

glad I'm not the only one that can't.... : anymore! It's a total bummer. Especially since in know I won't be able to after the baby for a good... long... time! It took me about 20 months to get my sex drive back after Dd. Sex was SO painful & unsatisfying (i think from BFing).

I help Dh out manually a lot! it keeps him satisfied (although I know he would prefer DTD). I got pretty good at it during my above mentioned 20 months!
#20 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 PM

OK, I have pee issues after I pee : I try really hard to get it all out (which btw has been hard since week 5! - some pregnancy smooth muscle issue?) and then kegel when I stand up but somehow always drip when walking out of the bathroom anyway. *so* annoying
#21 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM

~Robin - We have the same due date!

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#22 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

cool..do you know what you are having? Mine is a boy. Cale Grayson
#23 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add me to the discharge club. Yeeeeeuck. Been really bad the past couple of weeks.

Also add me to the not having sex club. But only because we're not allowed to, not because we don't want to!

I was just saying to DH how ironic it would be if we waited and waited til 36 weeks or so and then I went into labor before we ever got a chance to DTD, and then we'd have to wait another 6 weeks. That would be sooo not fair! Been on pelvic rest since 24 weeks. :
#24 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

at least not since 7 weeks...dh thinks he has forgotten how...

want to know a way tmi....

Today I got checked at the new docs. and now i am bleeding so I call DH into the bathroom to look at the toliet paper...He was really grossed out that I felt the need to share with him
#25 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 05:18 PM

Ok, I'm chiming in to the no sex club, but not because I don't want to! It's been my BIGGEST peeve in both of my pregnancies - dh sees me as "Mother Earth," doesn't see me as a sexual being when I'm big and preggo (although ironically I feel sexier than ever because pregnancy has treated me very well weight-wise both times), and not only that, but now he thinks that the DIY fun times are messing up our love life and wants us both to "save" it for each other. I have no issue with stopping, but unless he picks up the pace on his end, I don't think I can abide by that rule!

Shhhh.... just don't tell him. Somehow during pregnancy, I develop a very healthy appetite for DTD but he tapers off right when I'm picking up steam

And add me to the discharge club - driving me crazy lately . . . I'm never quite sure what is happening when I suddenly spring a "leak"
#26 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

does anyone else have chuncky (sp) discharge?
#27 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner'smama View Post
Well, since you asked

1. I have the gas problem too. Horrifically. Sometimes lately my husband has been sleeping on the couch because of it.
The other night DH came into go to bed and I heard him say "WOW" under his breath (it was really bad in there I had just been letting them go) and I said "It was Marah." Marah is our co sleeping 22 month old. About an hour later he went to the couch.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#28 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 PM

Well I seem to have an abundance of TMI this time around LOL.
When I go tot the toilet, even pee, the bowl fills with blood from horrendous hemmeroids I have had since about week 23.
DH and I aren't able to DTD b/c I have vaginal vericose veins and it just hurts was too much.
I am way smellier down there then I have ever been before in pregnancy.
#29 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Robin View Post
cool..do you know what you are having? Mine is a boy. Cale Grayson
Boy as well, Spencer Barrett.

#30 of 50 Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Natural_Mom View Post

This is so hilarious. Look I'm not trying to offend anyone but I definitly think a 8 to 9 month pregnant woman "needs" one more than someone who is obese. I have fanticized about using one but never had.

wife to an amazing man and mom to my 5 amazing children sd (16), sd (13), d (5), son (2), & caboose d born 11/15/09 and two goats but they don't have anything for that

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page