Anyone's baby drop yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could you feel it happening? I was just walking from the kitchen to the laundry room a minute ago, and all of a sudden I felt my baby drop down a couple inches. The bottom of my belly feels really full now, and his butt is no longer on my rib cage. I'm 34 1/2 weeks--It seems a bit early for this to happen for a second babe. Maybe he's just testing it out and will pop back up in a bit.
--K

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#2 of 27 Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 PM

yep! my girl's nice and engaged. but then, i'm due somewhere between Feb 25th and March 2nd, so it's about time!

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#3 of 27 Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure mine has. Its little butt used to be up by my ribs, and now it's much closer to my bellybutton. Plus the pelvic pain is so much worse, and I keep getting those cervical "zings". Man, those are so weird.
I'm not quite 34 weeks.
#4 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 12:07 AM

I wish! I can't wait to breathe again!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#5 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 12:09 AM

oh yeah. On saturday after contracting all day I got up from the couch and looked at dh and he said "holy crap! Your belly just dropped like two feet!" Sure enough, I could breathe again! Sure didn't help the contractions though...

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#6 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 AM

Dropped and fully engaged here. So I can breathe, but I'm also needing to pee each time I stand, sit, or baby wriggles.
#7 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
DBZ

I don't drop until I am in labor. I have a mole that conviently is in line with the top of my uterus, so even if this baby dropped one cm I could see that LOL.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#8 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 01:23 AM

I dropped with ds at 27 weeks and I dropped with this one at 25 weeks (though she did come back out of my pelvis and actually briefly flipped breech she's back buried deeply now....) hence the constant need to pee and the icky cervical pangs.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#9 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 AM

My babe has un-dropped! At 30w the head was bulging really low and my lower uterine segment was thinning/ballooning - it turns out this may be what was irritating my uterus and causing all of the preterm labor. After 4 weeks of lying down baby is back up to floating and the ctx have subsided! I am sooooo relieved. I hope the uterine calm lasts until 37w!
#10 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 AM

I felt DD drop around 32 weeks. She is engaged and probably the reason I have so much pelvic pressure.
#11 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 AM

Went to the doc today (34w6d) and he has dropped and is fully engaged. That would explain my recent spike in pelvic pain, now that there's a head lodged in there. Unfortunately, though, there is no relief for my lungs/ribs/stomach, because I am short waisted and there is just no room in my torso. I had no idea it had happened.

Doc said engagement in her experience leaves about a 2-4 week window for birth to commence. She said that it had not been officially proven or what have you, but she's been delivering for quite a while and it seems to be the case for the vast majority of women. I like the idea of 2-4 weeks. I am so done.
#12 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 AM

I dropped at about 34 weeks. I'm also getting a lot of pelivic zings and find that I have to pee constantly! Just standing up and walking around makes me feel like I have a bathroom emergency! The breathing has definately gotten easier ... I'm still waiting for the acid reflux to get better.
#13 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 AM

yup I can breath again...but now I can't stand to move my legs because it hurts so bad in the woo woo. So not sure what was a better thing breathing or moving..lol
#14 of 27 Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 PM

I'm 36.5 weeks and birthed at 37.5 weeks last time. This one (3rd) has been mostly engaged ROA but every few days dis-engages and spins on his/her head. Then I get some relief from the potty trips and some fun posterior-positioning kicks ALL over my belly and some LOA positioning. It's usually only a day or so that he/she stays disengaged and then it's back down there pretty low. Still space, though, clearly, for maneuvering since my uterus is just that much more stretchy than before. Just keeps me guessing! I'm also staying at about 70-80% effaced and 2-3 cms dilated (no one is checking me but me, so that's a novice assessment). I imagine I'll feel the very deeply low pressure and coordinated painless contractions about 10 hours before I start active labor again. I don't suppose I'll get any more warning than that, although I'd love to know sooner!
#15 of 27 Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM

Mine dropped MAJORLY at 24 weeks (like to plus 2 station and 3 cm dilated, cervix anterior and 70%ish effaced) , and undropped at 30 (and undilated, cervix back posterior, etc.), and now she redrops and undrops. One day, my boobs are resting on my fundus, and my fundal height is 43. Then next day, my fundus is no where near my boobs, and my fundal height is 36. Then, repeat. I think this kid is going to be a scuba diver when she grows up.
#16 of 27 Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 PM

baby dropped sometime between Fri and Sat. Suddenly breathing is an option!!! WOO HOO!

But I do waddle more now lol
#17 of 27 Old 02-11-2008, 12:18 AM

I'm 34w 5d and I suspect she dropped today. Around mid-day I started feeling a lot of twinges in my cervix and pressure too, and it feels like I have more space in my stomach (was able to eat more for dinner than I have in a long time and there's none of that heartburn feeling happening, hooray!). I've been peeeing more too. My first daughter dropped at 33.5 weeks and was born at 38.5 weeks, so I'm curious whether this one has really dropped, and if so if she stays down there.

I'm really tall, so I don't really feel pressure in my ribs when they're high or waddling/awkward in my pelvis when they drop, so I can't rely on those signs. I prefer them dropped though, since heartburn is no fun!
#18 of 27 Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM

I can feel that baby has dropped and doc said he's "very low" and I'm having all the painful twinges, etc. but my baby bump still LOOKS quite high. I don't understand how this is possible! I still have a high-up basketball belly but, internally, baby has clearly dropped.

Anyone else had this or have an idea how it's possible?

Thanks!

Clarissa
#19 of 27 Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Mine looks exactly the same on the outside, too. I know for me it's just because I'm short waisted/short torso so a few centimeters change is proportionally not much. I am still very round...I have a basketball belly too!
#20 of 27 Old 02-14-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasyouare View Post
I can feel that baby has dropped and doc said he's "very low" and I'm having all the painful twinges, etc. but my baby bump still LOOKS quite high. I don't understand how this is possible! I still have a high-up basketball belly but, internally, baby has clearly dropped.

Anyone else had this or have an idea how it's possible?
Hmm, maybe you have a short torso and a long baby in a vertex anterior position.
#21 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 12:02 AM

That would make sense...except I am actually pretty long in the torso! Maybe I just have some more dropping to do
#22 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Nope, not dropped yet. I'm kinda looking forward to it from a heartburn perspective, although I'm very long-waisted/short-legged, so I suspect I'll look pretty silly once the baby's dropped. Oh well, pregnancy isn't supposed to be a glamorous time, is it.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#23 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 AM

I felt like when I got up yesterday, suddenly, that baby had definitely dropped. But by looking at my tummy, I can hardly tell! I got out of the computer chair in a squat to pick up some toys nearby. When I got up I could hardly stand the pressure was so bad! Then it felt like he was really really low. Now I can breathe easier, but he feels almost the same. My other two never ever dropped, so I don't really know. I do feel lots of baby head way low though.

I am very short waisted.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#24 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 AM

No, thank goodness. With the Pt cx I don't need anything else pushing this along.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#25 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 01:17 AM

Mine dropped slowly, and at this point he's fully engaged and ready to go. I wish I could take that as a sign that he'll be here soon, but I'm guessing that's not how it works.
#26 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
I felt like when I got up yesterday, suddenly, that baby had definitely dropped. But by looking at my tummy, I can hardly tell! I got out of the computer chair in a squat to pick up some toys nearby. When I got up I could hardly stand the pressure was so bad! Then it felt like he was really really low. Now I can breathe easier, but he feels almost the same. My other two never ever dropped, so I don't really know. I do feel lots of baby head way low though.

I am very short waisted.
I too am short waisted. It is a little hard to tell on me that he dropped, but I'm convinced. I'll ask my midwives tomorrow when they check him out.
--K

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#27 of 27 Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 AM

Baby has dropped now - at first, my midwife was saying the baby was either way low or way high, but after I emptied my bladder and could relax more, she could tell the baby was way low. That makes sense to me as the baby feels low. This baby keeps changing, though. S/he first dropped a few weeks ago, then went back up, now went back down. Still spinning around from anterior to posterior to anterior. Today baby was posterior . . . but a few hours later, I'm pretty sure the baby was anterior again.

It's really confusing. My first was ROA from 20-some weeks until birth @ 38 weeks. This one is still all over the place at nearly 37 weeks!

I'm hugely relieved to be almost 37 weeks. Means I can relax about being able to homebirth and just let this baby come when ready. I'm thinking it'll be sooner rather than later as I feel so "ready."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page