Daily thread 2/11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I's start us one so we can all check in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 AM

Great idea to start the daily check ins!

I'm feeling pretty exhausted today but need to snap out of it because I've got a busy day ahead. It's only 10 degrees here, feeling like 0! : I enjoy the cold weather though, especially being this pregnant and hot a lot of the time. Tonight I meet with my doula again for another pre-natal visit and I'm looking forward to that.

I hope everyone is feeling well today and enjoys their day!
#3 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Checking in... Feeling super achy this morning in my hips and had to have DH fasten my shoes. Other than that all is well, so I'm grateful for that. Hope all you others mams are feeling good!
#4 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 PM

Hope everyone is doing well! We went to Disney yesterday and I'm feeling it now. My hips feel like they're splitting in two! Luckily I see the chiro today.
#5 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 12:17 PM

Hmm...trying to get motivated. We're moving this weekend (um....insanity?!), and I've got a ton of packing to do. It might be time to whip up some coffee.

OH! And I've been sooooo achy and sore lately--especially this aching/pulling in my back ribs where the babe's comfy little tush is stretching my ribcage. A friend of mine who used to work as a PT offered to try a few things, and worked a miracle on me yesterday, I think. She did this thing where I lay on my side and took a deep breath, and when I exhaled, she pressed on my ribs to kind of put them back in place--totally felt LO shimmy on over and is now laying straight up and down, not leaning to the right anymore--which is sooooo much more comfortable for me. It might be short-lived, I know, but soooo worth it.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#6 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 PM

sounds like we have lots of achy mama's out there! Me included.
I'm getting ready for my 36 week appointment. It's in about an hour. I'm a little nervous, this is the week things started to get a little weird & scary in my last pregnancy! ****I'm sure things will be different this time around**** happy thought!!!!!!
But I am having Dh come w/me, just in case!

I have a busy day. After my appointment, I'll probably come home & clean clean clean! I can't stop cleaning these days.
Then this afternoon I have a work meeting! and after the meeting I'm headed to the cheesecake factory w/lots of new & old work friends for a baby shower!!!! My work friends rock.
#7 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 PM

I'm feeling achy too, just in my pelvis when I'm laying down- I can feel every joint when I try to roll over! Once I'm upright things are good though I think the baby dropped yesterday, it was the first night I ate a full dinner in a long time and didn't feel even a smidge of heartburn after. yay!

DD and I are headed out to do a couple of her favorite things today and then pick up the rest of our birthing supplies. My to do list is still huge but I'm trying to make myself mini-lists for each day so I don't feel too overwhelmed. I'll keep working on painting our bedroom while DD naps, I want to finish that this week for sure. I'm starting to organize a little big sister tea party celebration for DD towards the end of the month with her best friends, which I think will be fun.
#8 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 01:08 PM

Joining the achey boat...

I can't remember when I wasn't at this point. I am now 10+lbs heavier than I've ever been and I'm feeling it everywhere. My back decided to give up about a week ago. The twins are being gentle - probablt mostly because they dropped ages ago and so I feel them less up high. My dear sweet husband tried to help relieve my back by doing some passive joint movement massage but the ligaments in my hips and back are SO loose that I thnk it did more harm than good and I almost couldn't get off the table.

Here's to the home stretch mamas!!!
#9 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 01:31 PM

I am just tired !!!! I'll be 38 weeks on Wed, and hoping something happens here before the end of Feb. I've never had a baby early, but I am definitely ready for this one.

I am also feeling a bit queasy again and I can't get enough to drink. My hips are achy too, but that's ok with me since the baby is lower and the heartburn is less..
#10 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm tired and hormonal, lol.
#11 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 PM

I'm here too-just changed my 36 week appt to Weds. Planning to go to disneyworld this weekend-even if I have to stay in a wheelchair the whole time! Gonna get checked to make sure cervix is shut-have had a few random ctx here and there. DD is sick though-ear infection and a perforated eardrum this weekend!! Couldn't believe it, her first 'real' (ie, needed antibiotics) ear infection!
#12 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 02:25 PM

I was just commenting to friends on Saturday about how GREAT I feel for being almost 37 weeks pregnant. Well....so not the case today.

I.Am.Tired.And.Bitchy.

But my baby is kicking right now and it makes me smile.
#13 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM

I'm tired and achey. Contractions are still sporadic and seem to be induced by stress. 19 yo DS has pneumonia and has been home from college since Friday so Momma can heal him. Had my baby shower yesterday, very low attendance and only 2 gifts from my registry, everything else is things I didn't need! Came home to an eviction notice, I am due 03/09 and we have to be out by 03/10! Just what I needed! I'm not having a good week so far. I am excited about my midwife appointment Wed. It is my home visit/36 week appointment!
#14 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 02:30 PM

Well I am an active member in the "I Feel Like Crap Club". With you other mommies, my back and hips are killing me. I still can't get myself motivated to do anything and it is really starting to scare me. I just keep telling myself, get up and do something and when I do, I find myself back on the couch in a matter of minutes. Nothing gets accomplished. I do have my 34 week Dr. appointment on Thursday and not really looking forward to stepping on that scale. I also need to schedule my prenatal massage (a Christmas gift from my mom)... maybe I will do that now.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#15 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 PM

35 weeks this week. Aside from having to have a root canal and having a terrible headache today, I'm doing pretty well. I don't really have any abnormal complaints. I'm going to go sleep this novacaine off.
#16 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 02:47 PM

My dear grandma passed away this weekend. Im trying so hard to stay strong but Im an emotional mess.

Ds started part-time preschool today. I dont know what to do with myself when he's there besides miss him!

In pg news- I have good and bad moments and rapid mood swings. Ive also been getting waves of nausea.

Ohh yeah and I have a yeast infection.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#17 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 03:32 PM

I'll check in with feeling very nervous about delivering this baby early. I decided to stay home and work from home today after having lots of contractions one after another last night even when I sat down and relaxed.

Today has been better, but I'm still having ctx when I'm sitting up so now I'm relegated to laying on my side and working. It's hard typing while laying on your left side!

I just don't feel that these are "real" labor contractions but I'm afraid if I call my dr that she'll want me to go to the hospital to be checked I don't want to do that just yet so I'm hanging out at home.

Anyway, I'm moody, tired and achy too
#18 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm tired as usual! My 22 month old son gets his adenoids out and ear tubes put in tomorrow. So until he recovers, I've stopped wishing for an earlier delivery.
#19 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerama View Post
My dear grandma passed away this weekend. Im trying so hard to stay strong but Im an emotional mess.

Ds started part-time preschool today. I dont know what to do with myself when he's there besides miss him!

In pg news- I have good and bad moments and rapid mood swings. Ive also been getting waves of nausea.

Drink some hot tea and take care of yourself? You need it!

I am just achey and overreacting to everything! My legs were swollen yesterday because I was stopped up, IYKWIM, for a few days. So I got some pasteurized half and half for our coffee and that cleared that right up! We normally try to just drink raw milk. So my legs are normal again today and I feel fine. Got a load of dishes done already. Will hopefully have a freind over later after the kids naptime. I have an appt on Valentines day this week for my OB. I really have been wanting to make some marshmallows again. The kids and I may do that for fun later.

I have misc house stuff to get done today, and sew more diapers. I need to knit more too. Hopefully today will prove to knock out a few more nesscesary things that need to get done before baby.

Some friends threw me a small baby shower Sat. night. Very cozy, just coffee and deserts and talking I got a ton of clothes, which was exactly what I specified needing, in all the right colors. I have 3 Target giftcards to hopefully go spend later tonight as well.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#20 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Oh mama, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. I was going to complain about prodromal labor and being achy but I have to say that this is likely much easier to deal with than your woes. I wish you the best and a great big hug to you.
#21 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Jokerama ~ so sorry to hear about your grandma.
#22 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Just had our homevisit with the MW. There is a stock rubbermaid thing sitting in my living room. The kids have filled it with pillows and blankets. A new toy. I am good to go today for a HB so anytime is good. All though babe is still small so MW would like it to be a while. Me to. I am not ready. I just realized maybe I should actual wash the baby diapers so those are in the wash.

Youngest DD is really sick. DH took her to urgent care the other night. She coughed up some blood (just a tiny amount thank god. Her lungs are okay but she had double ear infection and is so stuffy she keeps coughing and then throwing up mucous. UCK! I cannot wait for her to learn to blow her nose.

Had nude pregnancy photos taken yesterday. She sent me a sneak peek so I may post one or two of the semi decent ones.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#23 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Geeze, I'll be doing daily check-ins for the next month probably!

I'm consistently tired these days. I attempted to sleep in a bit this morning, but the kids would have none of that, and it just turned me grumpy.

Eventually headed out for my 34 week appointment. No idea what my weight gain was for this 2-week period, because the office's scale was broken. Oh well. Everything is looking good, although the midwife assistant who checked me couldn't feel the head for a while and was thinking (out loud) that baby was now head-up, and that wasn't a thrilling thought. After some more poking around, she did find baby's head, in the right spot - just further back/deep in the uterus, I guess. Heartbeat was in the 140's today.

I also scheduled my home visit - it will be the afternoon of the 27th!! Crazy that it's so close! I hope I will feel ready by then. DH and I still have a lot of organizing/cleaning up we want to get done in the next couple weeks.

I sewed a pouch carrier last night. Hoping it fits the baby well. Hard to tell with the big belly and only a teddy bear as a baby. I also sewed a simple fleece blanket with binding. But I ran out of binding, so I picked up some more on the way home from the midwife today, and will finish it today. I still have many, many more sewing projects to do.

I'm getting generally uncomfortable, but no major/unusual complaints for 3rd trimester fun. Just tired and uncomfortable pretty much all the time.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#24 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:25 PM

DH and I have a stomach bug over the weekend. Now I am full of gas, and slightly yuck...but better so that is good.
Trying to decide since I am 33 weeks if it would be bad to get up some off of bedrest and get the house ready for the little one.
Baby is active which is great. Really loving these last few weeks to get to know him.
Finally got some stuff for the little one ordered.
#25 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Very sorry for your loss.

#26 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnutmama View Post
Very sorry for your loss.

sorry for your loss as well..
#27 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 05:11 PM
DBZ

I'm achy too. I guess it is par for the course. I have an appt on 2/14 for a u/s and to see the mw. They will do the GBS test then too.

Kim, sorry to hear about the eviction notice. Hopefully you can either fight it, pay your rent or get the inevitable delayed.

Jokerama, sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#28 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM

sorry about your grandma Jokermama.

My PTL ctx started slowing waaaay down last week - after all that worrying baby would be premature watch me go to 42w! well I'll be 35w this week so I'm not out of the woods quite yet but things are looking good.

I went to prenatal yoga (read: relaxation with 5 other hugely preggo mamas and a great yoga instructor!) and then picked up all the birth kit stuff from the pharmacy on my midwife's list.

DH is sick and now I'm taking care of him as opposed to the other way around for the first time in 5 weeks.

And it's sunny!
#29 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm tired and achy too. But I saw my chiro this morning and feel MUCH more sprightly. Wish I could go every day. Had to take a nap this afternoon instead of working on my dissertation, though--I just feel totally wiped all the time.

dh is going away for a conference this w/end, thurs-sun. Apart from being vaguely anxious (but not really) that I'll have the baby early (I'm 35 wks), am not looking forward to wrangling a toddler by myself all weekend.

I also think I have a UTI (the first I've had in my life) . Not sure what the heck is going on with my body--I'm taking so many probiotics, but there's obviously a bacterial issue down there... Just cured a case of BV with garlic, but I think it's migrated. Gah.

In better news, I think I have all my HB supplies. Found a pool hose at Big Lots for $6 yesterday (was looking at $30+ everywhere else)--yeah!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#30 of 49 Old 02-11-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Oh momma, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm sure she is with you, watching over you......many blessings to your family at this time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page