Weekly thread? 2/11- 2/17 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 02-14-2008, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just had my 36 wk MW appointment--she came to my house for the first time, which for some reason was so super exciting. I heart her--she's so awesome.

Baby is vertex, nice and low, great heart beat and kicking like mad, so obviously doing well. I have all my HB supplies at last, though I still need to try the adapter on the faucet, if I can find the wrench to get the faucet thingy off.

dh left this morning for a conference--he'll be gone until Sunday . Hoping I can survive the w/end with a crazy toddler: I'm sooooo tired, heavy, and just wanting to lay around and watch tv all day (not exactly conducive to finishing the chapter I'm working on).

I really want to treat myself to a new baby carrier, but can't decide which one to get. I guess I'm torn between a pouch (Mamma's Milk or similar) and a wrap (Gypsy Mama bali breeze). I really hate all the fabric and the heat of a wrap, but they are def more versatile. Any thoughts?

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#32 of 51 Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
I have all my HB supplies at last, though I still need to try the adapter on the faucet, if I can find the wrench to get the faucet thingy off.
WHERE did you find the adapter?! We can't find the bloody thing at any of our hardware stores!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#33 of 51 Old 02-14-2008, 06:37 PM

I got it--and the hose--at Big Lots! What a bargain. I hope it's the right one!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#34 of 51 Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 PM

Kothi, So good to hear good news! Your description of your little girl brought tears to my eyes. She sounds absolutely precious.

I think nesting has set in here. I cleaned the kitchen all day today. I even made DH move the fridge and cleaned real well behind it. It was gross back there.

Other than the nesting, no other signs of labor starting soon. That's ok though. I've never been real confident in the DD since its based on my LMP. I'm ok with her cooking as long as she needs to.

I'm tired now. DH and I are relaxing tonight. We'll go out tomorrow as it's the anniversary of DH proposing.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#35 of 51 Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 PM

I just cleaned both bathrooms! I mean walls, floors, under the sinks, every little nook and cranny. They are soooo nice right now!

Hope for me that I do not go into labor since DH is out of town and a 6 hour drive away! I don't think I will seeing as I am only 36 wks but oh that would suck if I did!

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#36 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 01:26 AM
DBZ

Kothi, thanks for all the details on the little sweetie pie!

I had my u/s and me appt today. During the u/s the baby was confirmed vertex! I was really thrilled. The baby was also sleeping or being uber quiet, but we got to see practice breathing, sucking, the baby's tongue, and so much more cool stuff. Apparently the baby has hair and weighs about 6lbs 10 oz. They almost sent me for an nst because the baby was so calm during the u/s, but before the mw appt, they had me eat a lollipop and the mw felt movement so she was ok with sending me home without the nst. I was grateful for that. They did the GBS test, but if I am still preggo in a couple of weeks they are going to have to redo it since I am on abx at the moment. The abx can cause a false neg.

Part of me doesn't want to go into labor before 2/21 because the 20th is DDs birthday. A part of me is ready to get this pregnancy over with though.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#37 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkat View Post
Kothi - thanks so much for the update! It's wonderful to "meet" one of our DDC babes a little more thoroughly; she sounds divine

Happy early Birthday, avasmom! Have a great time at Disney.

Happy Valentine's Day to all the rest of you mamas! Anyone doing anything really special? DH and I are just planning on a relaxing evening at home, but we've been so busy lately that it feels like a luxury

Thinking of our FIVE (!) DDC babies... :
How is it FIVE?!?! I feel like I am missing something big!

#38 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 02:57 AM

Having a busy week with work... I got my Peri to move my CS from 38 weeks to 37 weeks (March 7) to which he quipped "By the way I'm going out of town on 2/19 and won't be back until 3/4 so I expect you'll deliver while I'm gone" WTF??? *I* know I won't go to 37 weeks but her refuses to even attempt to schedule earlier

IN the meantime, dh and I DTD on this most amorous day and all of a sudden I'm contracting like crazy and trying to decided if I should make the hour drive to the hospital. My cx have looked like this:

Any suggestions?
#39 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 03:08 AM
DBZ

Drink some more water and lay down a bit. If they slow down, get some rest, if not call the doc.

I should add that I am the wait and see type of person.

#40 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 03:50 AM

Drink some water, take a bath. I would wait and see but I don't fully know what your situation is with having to have a c/s and any baby worries. If you are worried call your doc. Can't hurt if you are not in labor they can just send you home.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#41 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 03:58 AM

Had a snack and a big glass of water...they slowed down a bit so I'm going to go to bed. I figure I'll call the doc if they get annoying enough to wake me. g'nite all.
#42 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 05:33 AM

Kothi, thanks for the update! I love your description - it sounds like she's absolutely perfect!

How are you feeling today MamaRainebeau?

As for me, my preterm labor ctx have officially STOPPED - which is great because I'm only 35w... but my uterus is being ominously calm... now I'll probably go to 42w ha ha! But after 5w on the couch I'm pretty weak, making doing much of anything pretty exhausting. Plus I caught a cold from DH.

I went and checked out some baby clothes sales and was very proud of myself for leaving without buying anything! There was some pretty adorable stuff though.

I'm ready for baby to arrive but they're still not cooked yet so I'm more than happy to wait.

Does anybody else feel like their belly is *not* huge? Sometimes I wonder if baby is getting big enough... I'm sure they're fine, that's just my worry du jour.
#43 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 05:54 AM

mamaR: what kind of cx? I had cx almost nonstop Tuesday, but when I called the doc we determined that they weren't real labor cx. He said when you can't talk through them and they are 6-7 minutes apart, then come in. Of course, that's based on my timing and situation (33.5 weeks, cerclage, twins, etc.).

The cx totally eased up since then...they were only BH, growing stronger but still not the real deal.

HTH!
#44 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
How is it FIVE?!?! I feel like I am missing something big!
Salt_Phoenix, Kothi, day_by_day, sandbmom and lilgsmommy have all had their little ones!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#45 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 02:44 PM

I ended up sleeping through the night without issue... no cx this morning so I went to work (i *wish* I had an excuse not to!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie in Chicago View Post
mamaR: what kind of cx? I had cx almost nonstop Tuesday, but when I called the doc we determined that they weren't real labor cx. He said when you can't talk through them and they are 6-7 minutes apart, then come in.
My problem with cx is that they really don't feel like much of anything to me until I'm in transition and I progress very quickly. Last time I went from cx 10 min apart for 3 weeks to 2 min apart, transition and baby in about a hour and a quarter! I live an hour from the hospital so its a little iffy timing wise

The thing that kept me from going in last night really was that despite the strength of the cx (which was stronger than I expected) and the frequency, the frequency was not totally regular - despite being scarily close.

When I went in to PTL in Dec the cx were not even as strong as last night and I thought I was only having them about every 5 min. By the time I got to the hosp they were every 1-3 min and I ended up stuck there for a week!

Thanks for the vibes/prayers/etc. I'll surely keep you posted!
#46 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 04:14 PM

You know, I only have ONE friend that has gone into labor on her own. I talk to all these people and they were induced!
So I am feeling irregular ctx every 40 min or so. How long does this last, I am going crazy!
#47 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Uggh. OB is driving me nuts. She's really been pushing for a repeat c/s lately. Now she's convinced I can't fit babies through my pelvis and that's why I had ftp with my first two. (No, it's because with my first they induced me with CYTOTEC and with my second I was exhausted and my labor stalled! I've never dilated past 8cm and never had to push, how could she possibly know my babies won't fit?!) And she thinks the baby is going to be ENORMOUS because of my "excessive weight gain" (a whole 40 pounds!)

Gar. Finding another doc isn't an option at this point, there's really not any around who are supportive of VBAMC. I'm just going to try to stay at home as long as I can so I arrive at the hospital in transition or ready to push. (Doula is letting us use her doppler so we can keep a close eye on the heart beat). When I go see the high risk dude for this genetic stuff I'm going to see if I can get some support from him on this. It's ridiculous to me that a doctor would push so hard for a c/s on someone who doesn't use ABC for religious reasons and will likely have a large family. Does SHE want to be responsible for doing 6 or 7 c/s on me? :

37w0d
#48 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And congrats to all the mamas who's babies are here!!
#49 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 06:53 PM

I am still here and pregnant...although for how much longer is anyones guess. I am contracting a lot. Stopped terb due to the risks. So only mag is holding little man in. I am officially done buying stuff for this little boy. I am pretty sure that we will not be getting a shower which stinks but whatever. Kohl's online has a good deal so I got some cutie stuff there. Much love to all of you.
#50 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 PM

Katie - I'm so sorry your OB is being a pain. It's great to hear you have a doula to advocate for you, and you've got a plan to get the birth you want! Your body is pretty unlikely to grow a baby that's "too big"; you can do it! COngrats on hitting 37w, too

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#51 of 51 Old 02-15-2008, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that OB sounds really frustrating.

It's fun to hear us all talking like we're in the home stretch. I have lots of laundry to do and a few birth supplies to pick up but we're getting pretty close to being ready. If we had everything, I'd be ready now. I'm not enjoying late pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page