Fibroid causing breech? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever experienced this or heard of it?

I was told at my 32 week appointment that the baby was in a frank breech position. (This is my first.) I had my 34 week appointment today and the OB said it could be due to a 4cm fibroid on the left side of my uterus.

I have been doing the inversion postures, yoga. I've been to the chiropractor (though none in our state do the Webster technique.) Tomorrow I see the acupuncturist. Swimming isn't an option, really. I know that 34 weeks is still early. But if the ultrasound at 36 weeks shows up still breech, my homebirth midwife drops me. And absolutely no one will try a vaginal breech delivery in my city. This new OB said she would be open to trying a version. She has done them before. But says she only has a 50% success rate with first-time mothers.

Sigh...I guess aside from my first question, I just wanted to vent.

Seems like the mommas on this board have been having good luck turning lately. So maybe I could ask for some vertex vibes too? Thanks!
#2 of 14 Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Vertex vibes coming your way! I hope the baby turns soon. Sounds like you've been busy (just what you wanted to fit in with all your extra energy, right? ). I'm sorry that the mw won't keep you and OBs won't allow a vaginal delivery but : that babe will be head down very soon!

On the fibroid causing it -- never heard that spelled out but I can see the logic of it...
#3 of 14 Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 PM

My Midwife just mentioned the fibroid thing the other day. She said that thats one of the main causes. I don't know- it just plain sucks when baby is breech.

Keep going to the chiropractor. Do pelvic tilts all day with massage. Baby can still turn! Turn baby turn! I'm sending some vertex vibes your way: with love
#4 of 14 Old 02-14-2008, 06:25 AM

Turn baby turn!!!
#5 of 14 Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 AM

turn, baby! :

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#6 of 14 Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM

:
#7 of 14 Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 PM

I'm at 34 weeks with a breech baby... hope both our babies turn!

I was told recently by a mom I know that she flipped a breech baby by spending lots of time on hands and knees... she told me to scrub all my floors. I'll probably be really tired afterwards, but I'm planning on trying it today... my floors need it anyway.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#8 of 14 Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 PM

turn baby turn! turn baby turn!!!! :

(I'm sending those vibes to both of us! I'm 37 weeks & my babe is still breech)!!!!!
#9 of 14 Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 AM

to you mama.

And turning vibes to us both! I'm 38w4d and still breech/transverse. I'm also in a situation where no one in my city will attempt a vaginal breech birth.

When you see the acupuncturist, ask about moxibustion, which you can do at home 1-2 times a day. I'm running out of time, but I'm pinning my hopes on the chiropractor, acupuncturist, and moxibustion.

I also started using a flashlight last night--figured it couldn't hurt. I tried putting headphones on my lower abdomen, but it didn't seem to really attract her down there. So I'll try the flashlight for 10 min 3x a day.

What is helping me now is to remember that even if she were in the right position, I can't control the birth outcome and there would still be a possibility of a c-section regardless, which is the part I'm dreading. But I keep reminding myself of that, and it's helping me come to a place of accepting that I can't control everything. I'm also trying to focus on that feeling of meeting my baby for the first time. It's hard to not be focused on the now, but when I manage to visualize meeting her, it's very helpful.

But lots of to you mama. You still have lots of time, so don't be discouraged.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#10 of 14 Old 02-15-2008, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the support!

It is times like this that I really regret not living in a large metropolitan area. The chiropractor my midwife recommended does not do the Webster technique. And he doesn't know anyone in the area that does. Now, yesterday, the acupuncturist that the OB recommended told me there was nothing he could do for a breech position! I asked about everything I have read online and he just shook his head no. This is a very elderly Chinese gentleman, who was an OB in Taiwan, I figure if anybody would know it would be him. So now I am just confused. And honestly, tired of worrying!

So, like snozzberry said, right now I am just dealing with stuff I can't control. It could very well be due to the fibroid, and that is totally out of my hands. I am trying to focus on the baby that is coming one way or the other and trying not to obsess on the route he takes!

(I think we need a mellow sort of namaste smilie here!)
#11 of 14 Old 02-16-2008, 09:59 PM

36+ weeks here and still breech/transverse. The good news (?) is that her bottom isn't engaged yet . . . . the bad news is that she has been in this position consistently for nearly 12 weeks . . . . yep. I have tried acupuncture, moxibustion, inversion postures, crawling on hands and knees/feet, and today, swimming and doing an insane number of headstands to try and turn her.

No luck yet. I am going to continue the ones I can do by myself at home and shift my focus to enjoying the end of this pregnancy and trusting that whatever happens is for a reason. I have offered her every opportunity to turn . . . it's out of my hands.
#12 of 14 Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 PM

Sounds like both of you (Andrea and Kdaisy) are taking a healthy approach to this: Keep trying, hoping, but not fixating on baby's position above all else. Hope that they both surprise you with turns before their birthdays!
#13 of 14 Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 PM

I had a 10 cm uterine fibroid when I was pregnant with # 1 and she was not breech. I had to have the fibroid removed after a yeaqr of TTC with no luck. I got pregnant the first cycle trying after the surgery.

Try accupunture to turn baby.
#14 of 14 Old 02-16-2008, 11:19 PM

I'll be thinking about all you mommas with breech babies often and will wishing your babies all turn!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page