Anyone else feeling crampy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm about 34.5 weeks and have been feeling crampy the past few days. I brought it up at my mw appt. today and she seemed --hmm, not concerned but at attention. She advised me to pay attn. to whether or not I'm having contractions at the same time and to call her if I am (from a warm bath after drinking lots of h20). I don't feel too concerned. It's uncomfortable but nothing worse than what we felt in the first trimester. I know I've been having some braxton hicks ctx. but they don't seem to be happening at the same time. I have to say, I'm actually having a tough time figuring out if I'm contracting or not--my belly is so full of baby it's hard to determine.

Is my body just preparing for what's to come in a few weeks or am I at risk for pre-term labor?

Everything else (besides the low-back/pelvic pain and heart-burn) has been fine and dandy with this pregnancy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 PM

Nope, I think it's normal, esp with subsequent pgs. I've been having some definite period-like cramps this week (I'm 35w4d)--not BH. I figured it was the uterine muscles ramping up for the big day, working to get baby in the right position, etc, and my MW agreed. At my appt today, she nodded when I told her and said that this was when they started.

So don't worry! Take it easy, and think positively about these "practice" cxs getting your body and baby ready for the real thing!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 AM

I'm definitely crampy too. I think it's normal and just our bodies gearing up.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:09 AM

I've been having an increase in the amount of BH, and also have had a few good, achy contractions every day. I am not worried about them. I would get worried if I noticed they were coming several times an hour, or at regular intervals. I think it is good to be alert, but at this time I am just 'enjoying' them in hopes they are preparing my as yet very long, very closed cervix for March.
--K

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:00 AM

I have been crampy. I assumed it was just my body getting ready
Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 AM

Yes, I have been crampy too. Sometimes pretty strong cramps.
I'm starting to have some stronger contractions too. But I'm a bit further along (37 weeks).

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM

I had some crampiness the other day - it was at a time when I was very tired and stressed. Does it improve if you rest and relax? Probably nothing to worry about...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:28 PM

For the past 2 weeks or so, I have been a little crampy, too. It comes and goes, but not at the same time as BH contractions. I was going to bring it up at my next appointment to see what the OB has to say about it.

Emily, mama to DD 03/04, DS 01/06, DS 03/08, and DD due 11/20/11cd.gifbfinfant.gif

Old 02-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Definitely very normal I wouldn't be concerned unless you begin to have contractions with some regularity. But you know, all those muscles are getting really stretched out, plus the BH, it's normal to feel crampy!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Very crampy and achy, and that's in between contractions. Some days, I almost think "oh, I must be about to start my period", because that's what it feels like.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:08 PM

Too funny! When I first read this thread title, I thought it said "crappy" and I immediately thought "yeh! me too!"!!!

ooooohhhhh . . . . crampy. Yes, I think the cramps are completely normal after the first. Apparently lots of us are experiencing them.

And, I feel crappy! everything hurts, I can't sleep, and I am inconveniently large . . . . .

User Tag List