Getting dressed sucks. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There, I said it.

I am down to very few things I even want to put on. I am such a baby when it comes to comfort. I don't even have time to think about the process, let alone get dressed in something cute or changing my outfits on a regular basis.lol I am so boring lately!

What makes matters worse, is dd is on this kick to "match" me. So she will often tell me to wear a skirt(which happens to be my black skirt I almost literally wear everyday) or put on pants,etc. All I want top do when home is wear lounge pants! which are more like everyday gouchos, but they don't stay up for some reason so they are not outside, public pants. It is totally distressing to her that I wear lounge pants with a normal top around the house. Because she is 5 and changes outfits more times a day than I can count.

So glad I only have 3 more weeks of this!!!!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 PM

The other day my husband offered to help me tie my shoes. I said NO. I will tie my own shoes if it kills me.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#3 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
The other day my husband offered to help me tie my shoes. I said NO. I will tie my own shoes if it kills me.
no kidding! As if having a problem with tying them wasn't bad enough all ready!

#4 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Ooh, Allison, I gave up on laces weeks ago and bought myself some slip-on loafers AND a shoe-horn! But DH offered to help me with my SOCKS the other day, and I said NO! I'll put on my own socks if it kills me.

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#5 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wear clogs a lot these days. And these are clogs that are so old and scuffed up I was going to throw them out. LOL. I even wore them to the playground today, mostly because I wasn't planning on going to the playground when I went out. There was like 5 inches of snow on the playground. Oooh cold wet feet.

Pants: Don't stay up, or are uncomfortable. I have one pair that stays up by itself and that don't drive me crazy while I'm wearing them. When they're in the wash (you know, after I've worn them 4 days in a row ), I can make do as long as I use a bella band.
Shirts: most do not cover the belly. THe ones that do cover the belly are UGLY
sweaters: even worse than the shirts at belly-coverage
socks: if DH is home and I am feeling pathetic, yes, I will get him to put them on!
Shoes: Ditto. Or I wear clogs.

I've also been wearing a belly binder to help keep my contractions down. But by evening I can't stand to have anything restricting my stomach anymore and I rip that thing off!

I bought these awesome Japanese Weekend maternity/ nursing pajamas on eBay, and ooooh...I could wear those all day every day. In a few weeks, it just might come to that.
#6 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 11:07 PM

Is it bad that I was wishing that I could just not put any clothes at all on today? I just wanted to wear my sports bra and socks. I don't even like any of my underwear right now.

I do have one pair of lounge pants that are comfortable, but I've worn them like 4 days in a row and they stink. So they're in the wash. Everything else either falls down or is uncomfortable around my belly.

Shirts are generally ok, but since I'm home all day they're just tee shirts. But I have 1 bra that fits comfortably. I've ordered new ones but they haven't come in yet and I'm not sure they'll fit when they do come in since my giant boobs have outgrown all the bras sold in real brick and mortar stores. :

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#7 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 PM

I hate my winter boots. I only wear them if we're going to be outside for a long time or if I am teaching at a school where I might be doing yard duty. Other than that, I'm just wearing my running shoes (yes, even on the really snowy days where my ankles are getting cold from the snow. Better cold snow and comfy feet than the 5 mins it takes to get my stupid winter boots on!)

I have no problem asking my wife to tie my shoes. I remember tying hers for her when she was this pregnant too.

I hate that my pants fall down.

I hate that my underwear is pulled down by my stupid pants.

Pretty much I hear you. Getting dressed is a huge hassle.
#8 of 21 Old 02-15-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Umm... I ask dh to zip up my boots and unzip them for me. I can do them myself but it often seems like SUCH a hassle!

I hear you on pants being uncomfortable and shirts not long enough anymore. I saw that old navy has a maternity sale and thought about getting a couple things in XL so they'd be sure to be large enough. But it seems kind of silly when the baby might arrive in 10 days or 2 weeks or so. Of course, if I've got 6 weeks left (I'm at 36 now so that would be 42 weeks), I'll be wishing I had done that shopping!
#9 of 21 Old 02-16-2008, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Gah, yes, I'm running out of clothes. I bought one of those stretchy maternity tops/bands, a useful multifunction garment that can either hold pants closed, or extend up and be worn as a strapless top, or do both on a good day! But it sorta disintegrated in the wash the other day. So I now have exactly two shirts that still fit me... and one of them's covered in paint, and therefore unsuitable for wearing in public. I *might* be able to get the paint out, but there's not much point given that I'm painting every day! The other top... well, it fits me now. But it's a prepregnancy one, and I don't think it'll fit if I get much bigger. I don't even have any baggy, loose T-shirts to wear, and while I may eventually end up wearing DH's, that's not my usual style, and I don't wanna.

Oh, and I have exactly two pairs of pants, as well. Both black, and again, one of them's covered in paint, and is torn as well. So... I should really do some brainstorming before I have to get dressed for church tomorrow!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#10 of 21 Old 02-16-2008, 12:31 AM

Honey I let my dh help me with any & everything he is willing to help with. I wear my grandmothers "housecoat" (like a moomoo but with snaps) pretty much constantly. Its wonderful. They sell them at Sears for $13. I strongly suggest it!

wife to an amazing man and mom to my 5 amazing children sd (16), sd (13), d (5), son (2), & caboose d born 11/15/09 and two goats but they don't have anything for that
#11 of 21 Old 02-16-2008, 01:57 AM

yes yes yes! It's so nice to come here & read thoughts that have been going through my head...
I'm so sick of my pants rolling down & my shirt riding up! I am constantly pulling on them to get them to cover my huge belly. And I don't really want to buy anymore maternity clothes. This is my last pregnancy & I have no more than three weeks left.
I said something to Dh about my clothes being so uncomfortable! and he informed me he had noticed my belly hanging out all night!!!! We were hanging out at my aunts house w/three of my adult cousins & spouses! WHAT? he didn't think anything about it! like.... maybe telling ME?!!?
#12 of 21 Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 AM

I have two motherhood sweatsuits I am living in at this point. Some other things fit, but it is still chilly here and velour is so comfy! As for shoes I am wearing a pair ofblack pull on merril maryjanes (and yes I have comfort inserts in them). Laces?! As if...
#13 of 21 Old 02-16-2008, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

wow. Well I feel sorry for all of us now!

dd spilled my teechino on my lap a little while ago, so I am in my black skirt until laundry is done and I can wear my gap pajama pants again. They are NON maternity, BTW

#14 of 21 Old 02-16-2008, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
[I said something to Dh about my clothes being so uncomfortable! and he informed me he had noticed my belly hanging out all night!!!! We were hanging out at my aunts house w/three of my adult cousins & spouses! WHAT? he didn't think anything about it! like.... maybe telling ME?!!?[/QUOTE]

That is so funny.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#15 of 21 Old 02-17-2008, 02:26 AM

clothes? today I just wore a fleece throw like a wrap/poncho. With underwear. And support hose. Thank God dh has a sense of humor.

I hate clothes. I bought 2 maternity XXL shirts from Target last week and they are both too tight. I wear sweats or yoga pants, mostly inside-out so they aren't itchy.

Did someone say shoes? It's Crocs or nothing around here.

I'm so impressed by you mamas still heading out into the world and dressing the part!
#16 of 21 Old 02-17-2008, 11:09 AM

Oh, I am so thrilled to see others dealing with the same issues as me! I have been having a fairly great pregnancy- I think taking care of my two little boys keeps me from really concentrating on being pregnant, but i CAN'T STAND when my underwear rolls down and is SO tight on my lower ab.

I'm getting really low on available outfits as well...and have to continuously do laundry, in order to get dressed. I think I may be nesting as of yesterday and finally put some maternity stuff away that no longer fits, and also took inventory of what I have available for the coming weeks. I try to look presentable on most days as I have a busy schedule with my kids, but as soon as I am home, it's lounge wear!

Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts, everyone!!
Tara
Due mid-March with baby #3
#17 of 21 Old 02-17-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga_mama88 View Post
Oh, I am so thrilled to see others dealing with the same issues as me! I have been having a fairly great pregnancy- I think taking care of my two little boys keeps me from really concentrating on being pregnant, but i CAN'T STAND when my underwear rolls down and is SO tight on my lower ab.

I'm getting really low on available outfits as well...and have to continuously do laundry, in order to get dressed. I think I may be nesting as of yesterday and finally put some maternity stuff away that no longer fits, and also took inventory of what I have available for the coming weeks. I try to look presentable on most days as I have a busy schedule with my kids, but as soon as I am home, it's lounge wear!

Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts, everyone!!
Tara
Due mid-March with baby #3

ok, don't even get me started on undies!.

And now that baby has somewhat dropped, everything fits even weirder!

#18 of 21 Old 02-18-2008, 12:17 AM

Undies... TMI I have taken to wearing my husbands boxer briefs. So much more comfortable than my own. I refuse to buy pregnancy underwear.
#19 of 21 Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 AM

I HATE the mat underwear we have. (Jesse loved it, I think it's HORRIBLE!!!!!) so I'm just wearing regular underwear. Every few days I get a pair that are comfortable, but usually it's falling down all day. sigh.
#20 of 21 Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 PM

ahhhh, the underwear issue...i actually embrace maternity underwear since they are a little better than my 'regular' panties.
lots of nights i sleep without them, just to not have to deal with the constant rolling down of the undies.
such problems we have !
#21 of 21 Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga_mama88 View Post
ahhhh, the underwear issue...i actually embrace maternity underwear since they are a little better than my 'regular' panties.
lots of nights i sleep without them, just to not have to deal with the constant rolling down of the undies.
such problems we have !
Well in an old Bradley book I have he recomended none at allto follow this advice whenever possible.

My skin is just too sensitive right now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page