weekly thread Feb 18-24.08 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a to do list about a mile long, but my butt seems to be very attached to the couch...And I keep saying to myself :just one more post I alternate between extreme laziness followed by panic attacks, followed bty obsessive cleaning projects. Yesterday I just HAD to scrub the kids' bathroom but I left a mountain of dishes to fester overnight in the sink.
#92 of 95 Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Whoa, Katrinka, I'm drooling! My freezer is jealous of your freezer. Do brownies freeze OK? I was going to make some, but I've never tried it--they've never lasted long enough in my house to need freezing!--so I wasn't sure how it'd turn out. My recipe has a pretty gooey, fudgy centre. Do you think it'd be OK?

Also, I live in NZ. We're officially in drought--the first time EVER for my region!--but we've had some light rain the past couple of days, which I guess attracted the mozzies. Very annoying.

Okay, I must go paint for an hour, and then scurry around washing my hair and scraping the paint speckles off my forearms before my friend arrives for a walk. We're both pregnant, and meant to go for walks together for exercise, but so far we've mostly ended up at cafes. And it's still sort of raining today, so we'll see!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#93 of 95 Old 02-24-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hautemama View Post
I have a to do list about a mile long, but my butt seems to be very attached to the couch...And I keep saying to myself :just one more post I alternate between extreme laziness followed by panic attacks, followed bty obsessive cleaning projects. Yesterday I just HAD to scrub the kids' bathroom but I left a mountain of dishes to fester overnight in the sink.
I prefer 20 minute intervals, myself

I work like mad, then sit for a bit. Then get up and compulsively do something else

So my actual computer time is very short, but frequent lately. Plus I always remember a recipe or soemthing I want to look up.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#94 of 95 Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Whoa, Katrinka, I'm drooling! My freezer is jealous of your freezer. Do brownies freeze OK? I was going to make some, but I've never tried it--they've never lasted long enough in my house to need freezing!--so I wasn't sure how it'd turn out. My recipe has a pretty gooey, fudgy centre. Do you think it'd be OK?
LOL. Remember that my freezer will be emptied in no time flat by 5 hungry kids. And YES! brownies freeze wonderfully. In fact, if you like them fudgy, the freezing and thawing makes them even fudgier.

Today DH had the day off. So we went grocery shopping and then made dinners for the freezer. I got DH to go outside in the 35 degree weather and grill. LOL.

So, the decluttering phase of nesting is over. The baking and cooking phase is pretty much done. Tomorrow -- the bathrooms!
#95 of 95 Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ooh! Maybe I can find some time to bake brownies tomorrow...

DH gets home tomorrow, lateish--I'm planning for around 8PM or so, although on no solid evidence. I'm currently making a list of all the stuff I have to get done before he returns:

--Finish painting the skirting boards in the baby's room
--Finish painting the linen closet door in the hallway
--Finish the walls, cornices and skirting boards in the living room (most major task)
--Glue down all the bits of wallpaper which came up when I ripped the masking tape off the walls, mutter mutter
--Clear the drop cloths, empty buckets of paint etc from the baby's room
--Move the bassinette into the baby's room (exciting!).
--Make chewy coconut slice for DH to take to work the next day
--Freeze curried pumpkin soup (an experiment currently simmering on the stove)
--Make sure dishwasher is empty
--Bring in laundry; do wash if sunny
--Bury compost
--Clean drips of paint off hardwood floors
--Attach new toilet seat (I have a degree, I should be able to figure out how to attach a seat to a toilet, right? You'd think...).

And that's only the stuff that *has* to be done! There's other stuff I'd like to get done--making and freezing some spinach and ricotta lasagna, and some cream of spinach soup with the leftover spinach--making bread--making a yummy dessert for DH--painting the insides of the drawers for the baby's chest of drawers--and so on. But looking at the list above, that just might not happen! I might be babysitting two of my little sisters in the afternoon, as well. I'll put them to work if I do--muahahaha.

*sigh* It's late, I should really go to bed to prepare for all this upcoming activity! Mother has developed an annoying habit of asking over the phone 'What are you doing today?', and when I say 'I have to finish painting the baby's room, make some devilled sausages and some beef stew, wash down the walls in the living room and mask off the cornices', she'll say 'Oh well, take it easy'. Kinda not feasible, Mum!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page