Still nursing mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
DBZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was nursing Abby this AM and she totally caused some contractions. I thought it was in my head until she nursed some more later and holy cow did she cause some. I am totally shocked. I totally did not believe that nipple stim would do anything to cause ctx. Are any of you experiencing the same thing? I'm so psyched about it.

Kara

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 05:32 PM

oh yeah, absolutely! actually, it's been a little rough because i am getting so many cxs already and i really need to take it easy. i need this baby to stay put for at least another two weeks!

~dara
#3 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 PM

I get BH often when DD nurses (and baby tends to wiggle and kick around which causes much giggling from DD), nothing that feels like a real contraction yet. I actually asked my midwives about it because I went at 38 weeks last time, and don't want to go before 37 (homebirth) for sure! They said in their experience, it's the sort of thing that might put you over the edge if you're on the verge of going into labor, but it likely won't send you into labor if your bod/baby aren't ready. They said it can definitely be handy in early labor if you want to get things moving along, you've got a built in nipple stimulator right there
#4 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 PM

Yeah, that's ben happening for a while now. It's so uncomfortable to nurse him now, between the huge belly and resulting contractions.
#5 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
DBZ

I've been getting BHs for a while when nursing but these were back and belly . I haven't been loving nursing for a little while now, but I'll nurse her more if it'll help

#6 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 02:13 AM

DD is nursing occasionally but tells me that milks are gone. I think she may understand that they are coming back though. She says milks baby. I keep telling her that the milk will be back when the baby comes.

Not a lot of contrax with nursing here but the nursing is brief when it happens. Only a minute or two so I don't think long enough to stimulate much.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#7 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM

We're still going strong here. I actually have been feeling good about it. It doesn't hurt, and I don't get the skin crawling "I need to get up and walk away" feeling anymore. It does cause some pretty intense contractions everytime we nurse. I've been using the opportunity to practice breathing and relaxing.
#8 of 9 Old 02-20-2008, 05:54 AM

I am still nursing my 3,5 years old girl, and it doesn't result in preassure waves. I know people who have experienced it, though - and they were told not to worry. Great practice for your uterus!

I find it uncomfortable when my daughter nurses, so I try to spend the time breathing and relaxing my whole body as much as possible.

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
#9 of 9 Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
DBZ

Oh man, yestarday nursing hurt like hell. I thought my DD was using her teeth. I now have bleeding nipples. I'm not sure what is up with this. I used lansinoh (sp?) for the first time ever. This morning I used a distraction to avoid nursing her.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page