Can I scream? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is me this morning. I had a nice labour pattern going last night I really did. Then DH came home from a hunting thing with a few too many beers under his belt and stressed me all out. I mean realy how am I supposed to get myself to the hospital if he's had too much to drink? stupid. I am 38 fricken weeks pregnant. So I made him run me a bath which slowed contractions down just enough to wake me every so often. I finally fell asleep at 2 am ish ( gotta love beer snoring) only to be woken every hour or so by a contraction. Of course DS decided 5:45 was a good time to wake up after I had finally drifted off after the last contraction. This is night #2 of almost no sleep b/c of contractions that wake me up, but don't go anywhere. I was going to make DH get up with him, but I thought I might as well since I am apperently not allowed to sleep anyway. Oh and to add to the joy when I walk I get a nice ripping stabbing sensation way down low from baby's head separating things. I really have no good humor left about this at all. I do not do well with so little sleep. Pray I don't do some serious harm to DH today or that I actually have this baby. Oh and self checks last night didn't tell me much, except baby wasn't floating.
#2 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 AM

Hope you manage to get a little rest today (assuming labor doesn't start in earnest). And hope you manage to convey to dh that it is time to be ready for labor support whenever it happens. When dh met friends for drinks last night, I reminded him that I was NOT coming to get him if he had too much (he'd have to taxi it) and that he needed to be functional if things got going last night...
#3 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 11:07 AM

I hope it gets better (meaning productive, birthing contractions)!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#4 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 AM

Hope you get some rest!
#5 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM

I feel that way too every time that DH comes to bed at 1am. I don't want to worry about him not being 100% efficent at L&D, but it's his job!
#6 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 03:53 PM

I'm so sorry. Hope things really get going... or you get some much deserved and needed rest.
#7 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM

My DH would be too scared to come home tipsy b/c he knows I would do him serious bodily harm. I am only 35 wks, but that is no excuse. Daddy's need to be ready to be daddys, and I will be darned if I am the one doing all the hard work while he gets to go have fun.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#8 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Oh man...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#9 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 04:50 PM

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that frustration. I remember when my sister had her first her DH did the same thing. Fortunately, she didn't go into labor while he was plowed but boy was she hot. Personally, I think it's extremely foolish to drink while hunting. It's really no less dangerous than drinking and driving but that's a different issue. That being said, do you have a back-up person who can help out if your DH should happen to be less than capable when you go into labor? I'm in agreement with PP about not even bothering with him if he's not in the right state of mind to be responsible.
#10 of 10 Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Luckily Dh normally doesn't drink much and he was at a movie about hunting/tradeshow so no live ammo LOL. My SIL is right next door in case of an emergency. I think I am more hurt that he has so little faith in my ability to go into labour on my own, that he really didn't see an issue with it. I mean after 4 inductions I have no faith either, but you never know. The contractions are almost non exsistant today of course so last night was just another round of prodromal labour. bloody convincing though. I don't know what I am going to do. I don't think I can mentally handle doing this for another 2 weeks. Never mind the lack of sleep. Oh and I did manage to get an hour and a half nap this morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page