weekly thread Feb 25-March 2 Almost there - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
I am exhausted. The kids are driving me insane and I am so emotional and irritable. I cannot wait to be done.

Had my MW appt today and she said wow baby looks like its dropped even more. How the hell can a baby that is already at zero station drop even more. Ugh. I feel like if I cough the baby is going to fall out and not to mention sitting on a bowling ball does not feel well. Did not get another VE as there is no point.

My house is a mess.

Hope everyone is doing well and all sickies go away. We just got over a nasty cold here.

Oh and DH got two subpoenas on Friday (work related). Both for Wednesday. He called the courts and they said too bad if your wifes in labor you will be in contempt. Well he called his main office in Tacoma and they have their attorneys working on it. Sigh...
Sorry that you are going through all the stress that you are going through.
I hope you get relief soon.
#32 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkat View Post
Heck, yeah!

However, semen contains a cervical ripener, so DTD with a male partner has additional benefits...
I think that I am broken...serious no big o here...
and no DTD since I was 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!
#33 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 01:35 PM

Pregnant still at 35 weeks...trying to make major decisons for me and little one, and really freaking out.
#34 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 01:43 PM

So wonderful to hear the updates from everyone at this stage! It really does feel better to hear that other people are struggling to take care of their other kids at this point.
I go back and forth between being super-cool relaxed Mom and then super-bitchy scary Mom. Screaming one day, hugging the next.
I am trying hard to be patient as I wait for this baby, and have had an easy time so far...mostly b/c i haven't really had any heartburn this time around and I am sleeping rather well at night.
I'm starting to have to pee sooooooooooo much, though. Sometimes 20 minutes after I last went, I feel like I have to go again, there is so much pressure down there!

Does anyone else get worried about not having enough kicking/movement at this point?? Sometimes I get really scared, probably for no reason.

Oh, and my midwife has always said to "kiss" the baby out. Real serious make-out sessions create oxytocin as well. It worked for us for baby #2!
#35 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 03:18 PM

Well, today I'm 35w2d, obviously nowhere close to having a baby just yet, like so many of the march mamas seem to be. But that's okay, aside from me starting to get a little bit jealous

I've been easily exhausted and grumpier than normal lately. Any time I'm tired is especially bad, if the kids won't cooperate with me. Makes me feel like a horrible mom...I really hope things are better after the baby is born.

Tomorrow is my home visit with my midwife. That's a bit exciting! But also not so cool, because I feel like I need to have my house in tip-top shape, and I sooooo don't. It's hard to get enough energy to clean a single room!! And then you have the kids making messes behind me. And the weather is absolutley gray and dreary today, which kills any motivation I have. I really do have a good bit of work to do, and instead I'm sitting at the computer.... *sigh*

I can't stand or walk for long periods of time without my lower back just absolutely killing me. And on Friday, I noticed that I'm starting to get some swelling - just enough to have my socks leave a mark on my legs, and for my wedding ring to be a little too snug to get off easily. I'm trying to remember to drink lots of water, but I haven't been doing so great at that lately, either.

MIL is trying to plan a time to come out. Ideally, I'd like a week of just family time before we have company (despite how very helpful MIL, and how much I and the kids all like her), but of course, with a vaginal birth, you just can't predict when it will happen. I think it's stressing MIL out a bit. Last time we spoke, she said, "Well I guess we'll just wait to see what your midwife says in the next couple weeks." I don't know what she thinks the midwife will say! Even if I were planning on getting internals at this point in the game (which I'm not), it still wouldn't predict anything, ya know? SIL, in the background, said "How about you just plan for 1 week after the due date?" Which sounds like an okay idea, until you think about the possibility of going over by a full week rather easily. Or even going 2-3 weeks early, and then not having any help come for almost a month. All this makes me wish we lived close to some family!!

Ugh. I really need to go clean. (Anyone have any friendly house elves they'd be willing to send my way??)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#36 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 07:44 PM

Leiahs,
I was in the same situation as you last week, with my midwife coming for a home visit and the house being a mess. I just worked really hard to get it all together all the while probably being a crappy mom to my kids as i was trying to clean up everything. I certainly overdid it that day, but i really felt that i needed to have it semi-organized....why, i don't know, since that baby will come whenever it wants, and if my house is a mess, it won't make much of a difference, will it?

And as far as the MIL coming, it is SO hard to plan! With my first, I was living in London, so my parents booked tickets and came over a full week AFTER my due date....well, I was two weeks and a day late. So my parents got to see the baby for one day before they had return tickets back home!

It was good b/c they kept me company, but who would have ever thought of this situation? We just ASSUMED the baby would have been there by the time they arrived....
I completely understand wanting to have the time alone with your baby the first week...it's so hard with other people hanging around the house, to feel entirely comfortable.
Good luck with the planning!
Go with your instincts...i'm sure it will all work out!

Tara
#37 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM

Had a pretty good OB appointment this week (36 weeks), except for the uncomfortable Strep Test. Found out I am 1 cm dialated, but baby is still floating and cervix is very thick. DD's birthday is on Saturday, and she wants to go to Chuck E Cheese Pizza. I definitely don't have the energy to go there with all the screaming kids. Hopefully a trip to the grandparents house and cake will be enough for her. I only have 12 more things on my TTD list, and hope to cross off at least half this week. Wish me luck. I also had a meeting with a lactation consultant today. She gave me a bunch of info and hopefully will be able to help me after the birth since breastfeeding has been very challenging for me in the past.

Emily, mama to DD 03/04, DS 01/06, DS 03/08, and DD due 11/20/11cd.gifbfinfant.gif

#38 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 09:44 PM
DBZ

OMG I am having the hardest time getting on MDC today.

I lost a few gobs of mucous today. I am so psyched and nervous about that. Right now my lower back is killing me. I do not remember such lower pain in my other pregnancies. I hope I don't have that pain when I go into labor.

I've gotten quite a bit done around the house. I was seriously behind on the dishes (no machine here) and I'm pretty much caught up and I've nearly killed the laundry beast. I need to finish sweeping and mop.

I've been pretty emotional lately too. Yestarday and today have been pretty good despite how much my back is hurting.

My LLL leader says that a 20 second hug increases your oxytocin too. I bet it has a lot to do with physical touch.

We are missing some of our regular posters. Mama Rainbeau must've had the twins by now. I miss our moms who have already delivered.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#39 of 48 Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 PM

I lost gobs of mucous this am, too! Like tablespoons! But, I'm still pretty sure I've got a good week or so left. Which would be great!

DS and I had a rough day today. He's been very consistent about pottying when we're at home (and he's got a naked butt) for months now. Until this week. Yesterday he pooped on the floor twice and had 2 pee misses. Today, within 1 1/2 hours he peed on the floor 6 times! I was not the most patient mommy

But, I slept really well last night! And that goes a long way towards sane!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#40 of 48 Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 PM

We had our homevisit yesterday and I'm now cleared to homebirth YAY! I'm so happy to make it to 37 wks!!!!!

Our house was FAR from clean. We're getting ready to move and the cleaners are here today, not yesterday. Thankfully our midwife is a good friend so no biggie. Man it's been stressful getting ready to show the place though. REALLY stressful. We've been throwing out all sorts of stuff and packing stuff away for storage until we move and so on and so on. Very stressful. NOt good for a very pregnant woman.

It's being shown today after the cleaners leave and hopefully will sell today. If not, it's on the market until the end of the weekend and then we stop for a bit. But I think it'll sell over the weekend if not today. We live in a really desireable neighbourhood and our house is one of the few on the market that is 'affordable' (ie small enough that people can afford it!) so keep your fingers crossed for us!
#41 of 48 Old 02-27-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

To everyone. These last 4 or less weeks have been so very hard. I am taking it one nap at a time right now My kids are now counting down sleeps and I am secretly praying baby decides that she wants an earlier birthday. I am doing my early evictions, prepping my cervix stuff. I am drinking rrl tea 3X a day, going to sit on my exersice ball while I sew and I am trying to walk as much as I can without causing anything else to hurt. I will probably do one more chiro visit too. Oh and I actually had sex I am getting a haircut, maybe getting a pedicure if I can find someplace. Just basically trying to keep busy for the next 6 days. I am puffy and exhausted and just trying to chill as my 6 year old has taken to saying.
#42 of 48 Old 02-27-2008, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm tired and cranky. I made around 4 dozen pancakes today to freeze (pancakes are a huge hit in our house ). I'm going to bake 3 or 4 pounds of bacon to freeze, too, and a few dozen zuchinni muffins. And probably a few cheese lasagnas. i'm tired just thinking about it!
#43 of 48 Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga_mama88 View Post
Does anyone else get worried about not having enough kicking/movement at this point?? Sometimes I get really scared, probably for no reason.
Yeah I think mine is running out of room and their movements are more restricted and hence smaller... so sometimes I worry they're not energetic enough too...

And my midwife also recommends lots of sex for the oxytocin (arousal -> ctx) and prostaglandin (semen -> cervical ripening)

Otherwise I am completely exhausted - the end of pregnancy has hit me like a brick wall! Getting in a little nesting though
#44 of 48 Old 02-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Glad to see everyone is doing mostly ok for this far in the game!

I think we are blessed to not have any very late miscarriages in the group too.

I was out lots with the kids yesterday. Shopping, library, park, then the mall at night for a bit.
So today is a sewing day. Must sew! Must sew! And write checks, and co-op and interent shop. Gotta get some ducks in a row and a few projects knocked off the list.

Hopefully later I can get the kids to help with loads of laundry. Its a great new game we've been doing. I save up several loads, and they run back and forth for about an hour helping me put stuff away. Sometimes we do smaller loads but it makes sense to knock a bunch at once.And since they each have one half of the dresser, they have 4 drawers each for clothing, and a low hangning closet rod. SO it's fun to watch them learn organization and not have to go back and forth myself!!! I just throw clothes at them and they dash right back.

And I think I may need to do some early Easter prepping, if at least mentally tallying what craft to do or things to buy.

Found out yesterday that IL's are coming several days early before my scheduled c, so that is a big relief. I wanted everyone settled in first so it looks like that may happen!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#45 of 48 Old 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, wow. I actually thought I was in labour last night. You know how I was complaining about not having had any BHs for a while? That was a mistake. I had nothing but contractions for, I dunno, four or five hours? (And I had to get up 5 times, which is just ridiculous... *mutters*). I kept thinking 'I won't wake DH until midnight... I'm 37 weeks at midnight, so then I can ring the midwives and still have a homebirth'. And I was annoyed, because I was sleepy and hadn't done a lot of the pre-labour tasks I'd been planning to do, and it just felt too soon and too rushed.

Which luckily, it must have been, because I woke up this morning with no contractions and no baby. Thank goodness! I'm starting to worry a little about not getting the birth pool until March 10, though!

Also, I felt backachey last night during the BHs. That doesn't mean I'm more likely to have back labour, does it? Because I didn't enjoy it at all...

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#46 of 48 Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I *think* I lost a big glob of my mucous plug today. It kind of slopped out in the toliet when I was wiping. But it was clear so I couldn't really see it well through the water. TMI It was big enough I could feel it coming out. Eww.

Made 3lbs of bacon and 4 dozen zucchini and banana muffins over the last few days.
#47 of 48 Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 PM

Well, I had super loose stools today, and no tummy ache....so I am nervous. I don't have anything prepared for a homebirth, this would be my 3rd C. I haven't even signed paperwork for my hospital stay or cesarean yet, and I forgot to schedule my appt this week with the OB.
So I am nervous. Lots of pressure and feeling weepy and loose stools makes me wonder. I am very achey too. Trying to franticially finish up loose ends in case baby wants to come earlier than Friday.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#48 of 48 Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM
DBZ

I lost gobs more mucous too. Horray for that LOL. I had looser stools today, but I have been eating lots of grapes, raisins, and drinking apple cider to help relieve constipation, so it was probably that.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page