weekly thread Feb 25-March 2 Almost there - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So how are all of our mama's doing? I took 2 benydryl last night after having a nice warm epsom salt bath. And by goeroge didn't I actually sleep. I feel a bit hung over today and I am headachy. I am seeing my chiro today at 4 and hopefully she can get things all aligned and maybe even do the pituatary adjustment and get things moving. I am ready for baby. 38 weeks 3 days here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Back home and trying to rest. I really want the baby to hang out a couple more weeks. I don't want to bring a baby into a germ infested house. We are all sick with the flu, all 5 of us. My stomach pains feel better so long as I rest. This week is going to be a lot of resting.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:22 PM

I'm tired. It's hard to sleep and my hands get pins and needles no matter what I do. I hate that!

We're really busy here. We decided to sell our house a little while ago and just moved into hyperdrive on that realizing that if we do a bunch of the work before baby comes we'll be way better off. So we've been looking at houses and FRANTICALLY getting our house ready to show. We have until Wed morning when the cleaners come to get it looking good. I cannot wait until we're done! Hopefully it'll see with a private sale on Wed otherwise it's being listed Thurs or Fri and people will traipse through on the weekend (we'll vacate the premises of course) and then we'll take offers Sunday. If it doesn't sell either privately Wed or over the weekend we'll take it off the market for a bit and have a baby first.

Mean time we're looking at 2 more houses today and then we'll make a decision about a house we saw on Friday which is just a hair off of perfect for us.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
mtm

found out I'm gbs positive this morning which sucks despite all the garlic, probiotics and vit c. Blood pressure is still good though! Only one more month to go!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:23 PM

I'm 39wks 1 day. I don't feel at all like this little one is getting ready to come. No cratrax, not dropped. Other than feeling really big and heavy and that everything is difficult, I'm actually feeling pretty good (sorry don't hate me)

I have noticed in the last few days that the skin right around my belly button is starting to look bruised. It's not tender like a bruise, just discolored. It's kinda weird. That happen to anyone else?

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:32 PM

36 weeks here, ready for this baby! But, still have a whole TON of stuff up in the air, and considering moving right now. Makes my head spin! BH off and on. DD's birthday is today, she was whispering to her brother suggesting he should be born today. But, he has his own ideas!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyDi View Post
I have noticed in the last few days that the skin right around my belly button is starting to look bruised. It's not tender like a bruise, just discolored. It's kinda weird. That happen to anyone else?
My belly button has been looking like that for about a month now. Lately it's become very itchy as well.

We're not sick around here but very grumpy. I can barely function and am at my wit's end with this pregnancy. MIL was here yesterday for DSS's b-day and I actually had to leave the room to avoid verbally ripping her to shreds. I would sleep until this baby comes if I could but since that's not going to happen, I figure I'll just do my best to maintain the house. It's really all I can do to keep up with dishes, laundry and some vacuuming here and there. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap now.

I miss my old peppy self. I'm sure everyone else does too. I've turned into a grumpy, achy old lady who compulsively complains about everything. I want my body back, I want my mind back and I want my personality back! At this point I don't even care whether or not I get a baby out of it in the end - I'll just be happy to be me again.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_in_PA View Post
I miss my old peppy self. I'm sure everyone else does too. I've turned into a grumpy, achy old lady who compulsively complains about everything. I want my body back, I want my mind back and I want my personality back! I'll just be happy to be me again.

This is exactly how I am feeling. I hope it is over for both of us soon. I have no illusions that a baby is easy, but at least I will be able to function better.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
have noticed in the last few days that the skin right around my belly button is starting to look bruised. It's not tender like a bruise, just discolored. It's kinda weird. That happen to anyone else?
Me too, for a good month or more. Happened last time too. My bellybutton is totally flat, and really soft, it's so weird.

I'm doing okay- very happy to be 37 weeks tomorrow, as I'll be cleared for homebirth! Really tired of dropping things and forgetting things, tired of not being able to put on shoes and socks without grunting. Happy being pregnant though, and feeling this little one move inside me- I remember how much I missed that after DD was born, so I'm savoring it.

I'm feeling sad about our last few weeks as a threesome, and my DD's last weeks as an only child, but also so excited to see her make this transition to big sister-hood. She is SO excited for the birth*, and for the baby, and while I know there will be hard times ahead, I'm so grateful that we get to share this excitement now.

*Last night in the bath, she got up on her knees and dragged her bath doll through her legs saying "I catch the baby when she's born. Oh hi baby, it's so nice to see you!". lol, I think we've prepared her for the birth about as much as we can.

When I walk I get a lot of cervical twinges, but otherwise don't feel like anything is going to happen soon.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Me, too. It's really sensitive, too; if I knock it against anything, which I do frequently, it feels like the kind of "shock" you get when you hit your funny-bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_in_PA View Post
I would sleep until this baby comes if I could but since that's not going to happen, I figure I'll just do my best to maintain the house. It's really all I can do to keep up with dishes, laundry and some vacuuming here and there. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap now.
So glad not to be alone in this! All of the mamas with their painting and to-do lists and sewing projects are inspiring, but I don't see how they're doing it. I can barely keep up with normal day-to-day chores...

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

Old 02-25-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermama05 View Post
Me too, for a good month or more. Happened last time too. My bellybutton is totally flat, and really soft, it's so weird.
Mine's really flat and soft too. It's the only area on my belly that the skin isn't tight.

I realized last night that it won't be just DH and I for a really long time once the baby is born. I know that's a really duh moment, but we were talking about my parents adjusting to being empty nest-ers. My youngest brother moved into an apartment at school recently. I realized it hadn't been just them since I was born. I'm 29. Since DH and I plan to have more kids, it could be that long till it's just us again. It doesn't make me sad or scared, it was just a big wow moment.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I realized last night that it won't be just DH and I for a really long time once the baby is born. I know that's a really duh moment, but we were talking about my parents adjusting to being empty nest-ers. My youngest brother moved into an apartment at school recently. I realized it hadn't been just them since I was born. I'm 29. Since DH and I plan to have more kids, it could be that long till it's just us again. It doesn't make me sad or scared, it was just a big wow moment.
Yeah, my humble advice to first-time mamas is to enjoy these last weeks of single couplehood as much as you can. I know it's so hard, when all you want is to meet your baby, but you're right: everything will completely change, and as wonderful and beautiful as it is to be a family, you are definitely losing something as well. So do "date"-type things, watch adult movies (grown-up movies, I mean ), go out to eat, hang out in bed on weekend mornings and read the paper...all the things you won't get to do again for a while.

Feeling ok here after recovering from my stomach virus this weekend--yuck. Hoping ds won't come down with it, though it's apparently going around here. Feeling quite crampy, heavy and very, erm, juicy--things are definitely happening down there, though I guess I'll probably go another couple weeks. I'm 37w1d today: woo hoo for full term!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 02-25-2008, 06:05 PM

Sending healthy healing vibes to all the sick mamas and babies!
I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and having some cramps and diarrhea for the past two days. Not sure if it's a bug or what.
I'm trying not to be impatient and trust that the baby knows when it's time to come but I'm really uncomfortable and the thought of labor sounds like heaven about now.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:10 PM

I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. I am so ready to have this baby! Every morning when I wake up I get a little depressed because I'm still pregnant! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy feeling this little one move around inside me. It's the most amazing feeling. But I am so huge and uncomfortable right now. I can't wait to get my body back and feel back to normal. I am doing everything I can to get this labor going, but nothing seems to be working. I've been walking like crazy, cleaning house, going up and down stairs as much as I can. We've also been dtd a lot, but nothing seems to be working.

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that at my last appointment I was
4cm dilated and 70% effaced. So I know labor will be coming soon, I just wish I knew when!!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and sooo done. The bright spot about today is that midwife called to tell me my GBS test came back negative, but that doesn't cancel out the very pointy knee that's constantly jutting into my upper stomach, the mood swings, and the feeling of totally being taken for granted by DH. *sigh*

My belly button area is discolored too, and the same thing happened with DS1. I remember it taking a while to go back to normal, but it did.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM

I'm due 3/2 so that puts me at 39wks 2 days, I think. I'm having so much pelvic floor pressure where it's getting hard to walk. I feel like someone hit my vagina with a baseball bat (nice visual, huh?) My thighs hurt and I feel bruised.

I started crying at everything today, which is a new thing. I just got over bronchitis so i feel ready to have this baby but I also have been loving my last few days with it being me, dh and dd so I'm not really in a rush. I have been soaking up every minute I have with dd and loving it.

I'm excited to set up the birth tub tonight and have a soak in it with dh. The reality of the birth is really hitting me. Dd was breech so I never had this pelvic floor pressure, never went into labor and I had a section so this is like my first birth. The baby is estimated to be pretty big (8 pounds so far) so I'm starting to get scared of my own ability to handle labor. I have always been really confident about it and am afraid my confidence is going to bite me in the butt. On the up, I have a wonderful mw and fab doula who I trust wholeheartedly and who 200% want me to have a hbac so that keepos me feeling reassured.

sorry for the book, I haven't spoken to anyone over 2 feet tall today!

Diana
Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
DBZ

I had my mw appt today. I let them strip my membranes. I'm only dialated to 1, but I did lose a tiny bit of mucous this AM. I don't think I'll go into labor today though. Well at least I hope not. When I picked up DD, I learned that my baby sitters son is coming down with a sore throat.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 PM

I had an OB appt today. i literally did a pee test, waited in the room about 20 min, did the normal blood pressure test stuff, talked to the nurse. Then the doctor finally came in, checked the heartbeat. Then left to call the hospital to confirm when it was he actually made my c-section appt.He had previously told me"definitely Friday the 8th, 9 am" Well I looked at a calendar. Friday is not the 8th.lol SO I told him the nurse said he had me down for the 7th at 7:30 am. So after a quick call he was back, confirmed it, then we left. What a lame waste of driving and unbuckling children!

Everyone was fine. He confirmed the baby had dropped slightly like I thought. Next week I sign papers of consent. It will be my 3rd c, so I am signing papers early this time in case.

I had a mild cold this weekend. Gonna get some more stuf done today. Like baking and freezing. I made some killer healthy biscottis and desserts this weekend.

Most of all, I just wann aget my to-do-list stuff done. I want a clean to-do slate when baby comes!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am tired of being pregnant and TIRED of @!#^@% WINTER! Although, it was around 40 degrees today, so I shouldn't even complain. The rest of the week doesn't look so nice.
I am also weepy and emotional. My two youngest kids are sick with a high fever thingy, and fevers make my little boy throw up. My little girl is just floppy and sad. I hope she doesn't throw up too....I am suddenly so, so behind on the laundry.
I didn't sleep again last night because of the really bad contractions - you know, the kind where you need to use all your breathing and visualization techniques to get through them. Basically, I dozed between contractions until around 5 am, and then I finally got a few hours sleep. TOday I am really, really crampy. I don't like the idea of doing this for another month. I will do anything for a living baby though. I just wish it didn't have to be so freaking uncomfortable.
Oh, and Kristy....my 2 year old looked at my tummy last night and said "your bellybutton is all green".
Old 02-25-2008, 09:48 PM

I forgot to mention, my belly looks bruised too It's all blue around my belly button.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 PM

Oh man I'm so glad I'm not the only miserable one.

I'm 36+ weeks, but feel like this baby is never going to get here. I barely sleep, "good" sleep is in 1-2 hour chunks, I can't eat anything but dairy without killer heartburn, I'm surviving on protein shakes, I want to eat again.

Dh and I are both sick with some sort of crud, he takes some medicine and sleeps, I drink tea and feel miserable, but I'm somehow "better" than he is : No dear I'm not I just can't take your fancy pills and sleep.

I loved being pregnant with the kids, I had all these happy wonderful hormones going through me so the aches and pains weren't so bad. This time I just want it over, I've been sick in various forms since July. I feel like I've lost nearly year of my life.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM

I am exhausted. The kids are driving me insane and I am so emotional and irritable. I cannot wait to be done.

Had my MW appt today and she said wow baby looks like its dropped even more. How the hell can a baby that is already at zero station drop even more. Ugh. I feel like if I cough the baby is going to fall out and not to mention sitting on a bowling ball does not feel well. Did not get another VE as there is no point.

My house is a mess.

Hope everyone is doing well and all sickies go away. We just got over a nasty cold here.

Oh and DH got two subpoenas on Friday (work related). Both for Wednesday. He called the courts and they said too bad if your wifes in labor you will be in contempt. Well he called his main office in Tacoma and they have their attorneys working on it. Sigh...

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 02-25-2008, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm definitely in the irritable camp. Not good.

I'm 38w3 days and not feeling anxious to have the baby yet. I'm so relieved to not be scheduling a rcs that I'm grateful to be pregnant right now!

Money is tight because dh isn't getting overtime like he normally does. Just 8 hours a week nets us an extra $600 a month so we really can't afford for him to be missing it. He should be able to get back on track this week, though.

I haven't been working out much so I feel pretty "blah." I haven't done my yoga in ages, by the time the kids are in bed I just want to sit on the couch!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 AM

I'm pretty cranky over here too. I've been contracting a lot in the past week and I find myself having 1/10th my normal patience with ds & dh. Plus I'm sooooo freaking tired. But, I can't sleep. I'm glad things are moving towards completion but my butt hurts and my back hurts and my hips ache. And because of being on modified bedrest for 5 weeks I haven't been able to keep up with my walks or other activities and have positioning issues ever since.

I guess I just needed to whine Tomorrow will be better. I'm going to bed in 1/2 hour!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My tummy button is discoloured too! It's like the linea nigra kind of 'spread' around the tummy button area. Looks kind of odd, but doesn't bother me that much (mostly because I'm too busy peering at as many portions of myself as I can see in the mirror, hoping to somehow magically catch stretch marks in the act of forming and beat them back by sheer effort of will... I dunno, it makes sense at the time).

I'll be 37 weeks in two days, which means I'll be officially able to have a homebirth! And DH gets back home after 6 days away in a few hours. I have a lot to get done before he returns--until I decided I wanted an MDC break, I was scraping paint drips off the hardwood floors. A glamorous task, and wonderful for a creaky pelvis, believe me...

Hmph. Just rang my midwife (who is disturbingly hard to get hold of!) to request the results of my recent blood test, and she can't find my ferritin results. Which was kinda the whole point of the blood test... my haemoglobin's fine, but then it always has been, she's only ever been concerned about my ferritin! I hope Pathlab hasn't actually lost the results, because danged if I'm gonna have another blood test--I hate those things!

Right, back to scraping paint. On the bright side--and I feel too exhausted to be triumphant, but this is pretty cool--the baby's room is FINALLY all painted! If I get time this afternoon I'll move the bassinette in there, and a few stuffed toys and so on.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 AM

I'm cranky too! I find myself apologizing more than I should

I think my kids have picked up on my hormones!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 AM

Went twice to the swimming pool - AMAZING - takes ALL the weight off - I actually feel like myself while I'm in there floating... it's heaven!!!

Bruised-looking bellybutton - and yes whenever I bang it into something (embarrassingly often) it hurts excruciatingly! It is like a hole - my abs separate and it is just skin and uterus at that point.... weird weird weird...

Hot swollen hands, awful reflux, sleeping problems leading to exhaustion... NOT leading to sleeping well...

Loving the wiggling and sliding around and stretching... and my whole belly is incredibly soft for some reason

But somehow I can just tell baby is nowhere near ready to come out. I'm 37w tomorrow.

Hang in there everybody!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM

I am just so anxious! I pay super close attention to any movement or pains. I need to relax and it will happen right?
I had already had my daughter a week at this point. But who knows, I am learning that every child is different.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM

I was reading that:
One simple way of increasing your body's production of oxytocin, the natural hormone, is sexual intercourse (which is safe throughout pregnancy unless your waters have broken or your doctor advises otherwise).

So does masturbation create oxytocin??
Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijased View Post
So does masturbation create oxytocin??
Heck, yeah!

However, semen contains a cervical ripener, so DTD with a male partner has additional benefits...

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

User Tag List