Grr! Unengaged! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last week the babe was engaged nice and deep and seemed ready to go at any time. This weekend I moved, and had contractions all weekend (probably as a result of moving stress). So I had another appointment yesterday, and he's not engaged not! I didn't even know a baby could unengage! :

I'm so frustrated and uncomfortable. Does anyone else here feel like they've been pregnant for about five years, and might stay that way for life?
#2 of 10 Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 PM

My MIL keeps telling me no one stays pregnant forever! My LO has jumped in and back out of my pelvis a number of times. Here's hoping yours settles down and you're holding him soon

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#3 of 10 Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 PM

My DS was like that. Popped in and out of my pelvis all the time. I won't tell you how long I stayed pregnant with him, because then you would hit me.

I feel like I've been pregnant for way too long. But I really spent almost all of 2007 pregnant, and then Jan 2008, and Feb 2008.... I am ready to be done being pregnant.
#4 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 AM
DBZ

That has got to be frustrating

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#5 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 12:33 AM

The same thing has happened to me! It sucks doesn't it? I thought we were getting close to "go time" but apparently not. I'm working hard to remind myself that DD knows the right time to come, but it's tough!!
#6 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 01:46 AM

I don't know about the whole unengaging thing, but I DO know how you feel. I'll be 38 weeks this coming Saturday and I really feel as if I've been pregnant forever, but the weird thing is, it doesn't seem all that long either. It's just really weird. Everytime I use the bathroom I look for blood or any other signs of labor lol. I really want to just have this baby already!

So yea, I know how you feel. But it's true, you can't stay pregnant forever, so you know it's going to happen one way or another, and ofcourse when we all least expect it!
#7 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GathererGirl View Post
Last week the babe was engaged nice and deep and seemed ready to go at any time. This weekend I moved, and had contractions all weekend (probably as a result of moving stress). So I had another appointment yesterday, and he's not engaged not! I didn't even know a baby could unengage! :

I'm so frustrated and uncomfortable. Does anyone else here feel like they've been pregnant for about five years, and might stay that way for life?
it's frustrateing isn't it mine have all been like that and spent more time unengaged than engaged i've never once so far gone into labour with a baby actually engaged, on wednesday he was 3/5 engaged but i think hes been popping in and out a lot still.

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#8 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 10:21 AM

I am early, only 36 weeks, but i had to go to labor and dleivery yesterday and they told me the baby was engaged until they did an exam the she "jumped" out. Yet another reason not to have exams, I guess Well I really needed one, but it was terrible and then when the nurse said that it made it even worse...
#9 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Lol. I'm chuckling to myself because when I saw the title I thought you were talking about a personal problem... like a wedding.
#10 of 10 Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 PM

Sorry Mama!! Who knows why baby unengaged....maybe his/her position wasn't optimal and he/she needed to pop back out so that he/she can get into the best position to birth....as for feeling like they've been pregnant for 5 years, I almost have!! I was pregnant for part of 2003/2004, then 2006 and then part of 2006/2008. I've either been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for the past 8 1/2 years!!

Hope you can get some distractions or something until your little one is safely in your arms.

Sara

Homeschooling Mama to 6. Waiting for baby #7 to arrive mid September.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page