weekly thread March 3rd- 9th Bring on the babies!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my 38 wk appt today too

All is well. I'm swelling a fair amount which is a drag but what can you do? Baby's head is engaged at 4/5ths palpable (so baby has a ways to go yet...) Sadly though, baby is posterior. sigh. I was pretty sure that was the case anyway. Baby does move around a lot though so we'll see what we can go to get that kid flipped! Meanwhile we've managed to gather together everything we need for the homebirth adn have put it on one place.

We did have to go get a new hose since after 45 mins or so of working, Jesse determined that our hose was really truely buried and frozen to the ground in the backyard (there's about 4 ft of snow in our backyard...) so, oops! guess I shoudl have brought that in earlier! I never liked that hose anyway! They were wondering at the hardware store why we needed a hose the night before a big snowstorm lol!

Other than that, I'm pretty much ready to go. I've been noticing a big increase in braxton hicks contractions but nothing that hurts and totally unpredictable. Still... it makes me think that baby's coming soon

(oh and we sold our house and bought a new one in about 2 weeks which is crazy but wow was it ever good to get everything done before the baby arrived! We move the end of June )
#32 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 11:52 AM

Well, it's my due date today, and there is NO sign of this baby arriving any time soon

No mucous plug, no contractions, back pain, nothin'!

I remember a little something that looked like ewcm in the few days that DD was born - the rest of the mucous plug came out during labour. I haven't even had that this time!

Sigh. I'm trying to keep calm about it and realize that he will be born on his birthday and not sooner than that, but at the same time, I'm going CRAZY! We were decided t have everything prepared by 37 weeks because DD was born 10 days early, and now I'm sitting here with no 'projects' to keep me busy.

I hope you are all holding up well!
#33 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 PM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianna11 View Post
Well, it's my due date today, and there is NO sign of this baby arriving any time soon

No mucous plug, no contractions, back pain, nothin'!

I remember a little something that looked like ewcm in the few days that DD was born - the rest of the mucous plug came out during labour. I haven't even had that this time!

Sigh. I'm trying to keep calm about it and realize that he will be born on his birthday and not sooner than that, but at the same time, I'm going CRAZY! We were decided t have everything prepared by 37 weeks because DD was born 10 days early, and now I'm sitting here with no 'projects' to keep me busy.

I hope you are all holding up well!
Was it your thread in TAO? If so, maybe you should repeat last night's behavior

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#34 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
Was it your thread in TAO? If so, maybe you should repeat last night's behavior
HA! Yes it was, and yes we will

I think last night's activity is the only thing keeping me calm and happy today, but I'm sure there will be tears by the end of the day if there are still no signs of baby.
#35 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 01:28 PM

I'm 38w 4d, and things may be picking up this morning. I've been having contractions on and off since Sunday night, increasing in strength, but mostly just in the evening until yesterday when they went on all day (though still easy to mostly ignore and do other stuff during). I've been losing bits of mucus plug since then too.

This morning they woke me up at 4:30am, definitely stronger than yesterday and regularly 10 minutes apart. It's almost 8:30 now, and they're holding pretty steady at 10 minutes apart, they got as close as 8 for a bit and then I had a really huge soft poo (sorry TMI) and now they're back to 10 min apart.

I feel ready- we never did a full trial run with the pool, but it is inflated and set up at least, so that's something. I hope this is it!
#36 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 PM

Beth, congrats on the new house!

jillybeans, what's the update on the pre-labor?

Over here 38w+1, total exhaustion, no desire to even leave the house - or clean it for that matter!

I spent the day reading my childbirth books... I am still a little nervous about this whole labor thing! During my entire pregnancy labor seemed abstract and far away... now when I think that it WILL be happening to ME in the next few weeks it seems totally different! I assumed I would feel ready by now... but whenever I have period like cramps it kinda makes me nervous about the pain...
#37 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 02:49 PM

I feel super funky today. Just off. I'm tired and cranky and stuck at home with ds and no car I don't think anything's happening any time soon baby-wise. She's still completely OP and won't move, so I'm trying to prepare for a lot of back labor (though, how one can really prepare for that I don't know!).

On the positive side, we did the full run-through with the birth pool this AM and I'm glad I did b/c I was missing parts and it took me an hour to figure it out... dh would have been super frustrated 'cause he's not mechanically inclined at all! DS thought it was great fun to get into a pool in the dining room! He kept splaching water all over my belly & talking to the baby!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#38 of 47 Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We ended up skipping the NST today, the OB had looked at my LMP due date which was the 5th and not my u/s due date which is tomorrow. Checked me and I was dilated enough to sweep my membranes some, but I just cramped for awhile and that's it. Oh well
#39 of 47 Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 PM

Had my 40-week appt today. MW swept my membranes again and we did castor oil this time too. So far I'm crampy, having mild contractions and unloaded what felt like 10 gallons of water into the toilet. I'm hoping this picks up soon and we have our little Volkswagen tonight.
#40 of 47 Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM

Aaah, the lovely effects of castor oil! I hope it is worth it for you, mama_in_PA!

DS & I both woke up with mild head colds today. ugh Guess that was why I felt so funky yesterday. Off to nap....

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#41 of 47 Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM

My MW stopped over yesterday and left the birth kit. I'm getting super excited looking at the stuff.

38w1d-bp 90/60, urine good, measuring kind of smallish (35cm) but good growth from last visit, so no worries

Lots of irregular contractions. I fully expect that I'll go to 40w.

mama_in_PA, hope the castor oil does the trick!!
#42 of 47 Old 03-07-2008, 08:12 PM
DBZ

As of today I am 40 weeks. I've been feeling crampy since nursing Abby this afternoon. I'm going to have eggplant parm for dinner and hope for the best LOL. I wish I had a DH around to help get things moving.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#43 of 47 Old 03-08-2008, 07:45 AM

Ok ladies, I believe this is it! Woke up a few minutes ago to some pretty intense contractions with a thump/pop and a little gush. Went potty and there's more fluid and some pretty substantial mucus. Can't talk through contractions.
#44 of 47 Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 AM

Good luck Katie!!
#45 of 47 Old 03-08-2008, 02:43 PM

Happy laboring, Katie!

I'm kinda getting freaked out at all of these fast 2nd labors that have been happening around here! My mw lives an hour away and I'm not sure if I will even recognize when I'm in active labor (you'd think this wouldn't be a concern of mine having been through labor before, but I guess I just needs something to worry about! ).

#46 of 47 Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM

I had bloody show earlier! I know it can still be several days, but yay! No real contractions but I am feeling A LOT of cervical pressure.
#47 of 47 Old 03-08-2008, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
CherryBomb: Exciting!

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm in labour... I suspect I'm just imagining it, but I do feel kinda rotten. I stayed home from church this morning feeling sleepy with really achey thighs, and had a nice hot bath and slept most of the morning (bliss!). I haven't done anything active this afternoon... you know, like getting dressed... but anyway, I feel generally discontented and slightly upset-tummyish, and I had some pretty ouchy contractions before. They seem to have disappeared during the last half-hour or so, though. I'm debating whether to drink some RRL tea to encourage labour, or to try to take my mind off it and hope it goes away!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page