baby from very active to very mellow at 34-35 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
about a week ago, several nights in a row, the little one was extremely active--movement everywhere, rolls and kicks. very hectic and strong.

after that bout of super activity, the little one is more mellow at his usual active times.

is this something to worry about? he still moves a lot, but nothing compared to that 3-4 days when there was this frenzy of activity.

has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM

Did the baby flip? Or scoot on down and get cozy? I don't know but if you're feeling regular movement (even if it is different), I think you're fine. I would have said my lo had calmed down too and then today he has been literally jumping around! I daydreamed he flipped back to breech, at 38.5 weeks, but I sure hope that isn't the case.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 PM

I wouldn't worry too much unless you're aren't feeling movement. Your babe is getting bigger - less room to move cha-cha now. My little one quieted down at that point too (except for his nightly round of hiccups).

Me:
Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

the baby didn't flip; not sure if he is lower down, i don't think so. i know it is silly, but i worry about the cord. from 20 to 34 weeks he was pretty active; then there were these days of total frenzy, much more active than usual; and since then a bit more mellow than before...

if i were to get an ultrasound at 37 -37.5 weeks, do you think they would be able to tell if he's tangled up in the cord? what else can they tell from such a "late" us?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 AM

My midwife said call if I feel less movement or if I get a weird feeling about it - she says when this happens it's usually fine and just due to a position change but that it's important to check (monitoring, etc) just in case! Don't hesitate to go in and get reassured!

User Tag List