Suddenly exhausted - something going on or just normal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am now 17 days away from my guess date, and generally feel good. I don't have any unusual aches and pains and feel quite patient.

But yesterday and today I have been exhausted. Totally!
I am at home with my daughter sho is 3,5 years old, and I can't wait for my husband to get home from work so I can sleep. Yesterday I slept for an hour and a half after dinner, and I still went to bed early in the evening.

Today, I have put on DVDs for my daughter just to passify her, we had meant to visit someone but just the thought of getting us there is overwhelming. I feel like I NEED to lie down to rest, it's not just something I want.

Is my body concerving energy to give birth? Or am I getting sick? I feel that if birth started now I would just pass out.

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
#2 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 10:15 AM

I am 36.5wks and for the last couple of days I have been SUPER tired. I could sleep all day long. My mw said it is just part of the end of pregnancy.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#3 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM

I don't think it's anything to worry about. You might be able to improve your energy level by making sure you are eating lots of good food and by sleeping more (I know, this is a lot easier said than done).

I think it is fairly common to have a sudden sleepiness before labor - I remember taking a nap the day I went into labor with dd, and I almost never nap - so it could be a sign that you are very close. Or it could just be that you are tired out from being pregnant. I went through a patch of being very fatigued about a week ago. For some reason, I'm back to normal now (as normal as a 37 week pregnant woman gets). Try to take it easy, get more help from friends and family, and don't stress about all the work you're not doing - it's more important to rest right now.
#4 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM

Same here mine is because my older DD set her alarm on her cell phone to 3:00 AM
So I was up all night after that. Really unhappy with that child right now.
#5 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM

I think it's pretty normal for the last month especially. I fell asleep yesterday evening too, after sleeping in that am (thanks to my lovely dh!). Then went to bed early. But then I was up at 5:00 this morning so who knows? This whole past week has been like that for me. I just have to sit down and rest or lie down and sleep. So I am when I can cause there's not gonna be much sleep to be had soon!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#6 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 PM

thanks for asking this because i have been so tired for the last 3 days. i have had to lay down and snooze in the afternoon and am still crawling up to bed at 9.......i haven't had to nap at all this pregnancy. i thinki part of it has to do with protein consumption which i am not very good at!
#7 of 11 Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernurture2 View Post
i thinki part of it has to do with protein consumption which i am not very good at!
Thanks for reminding me, I have also heard that but I had forgotten it. You inspired me to have some avocados this evening, and tomorrow I'll have eggs for breakfast for sure! :

I hope you will all feel more energetic soon!

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
#8 of 11 Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 AM

Exhaustion hit me yesterday afternoon too and it's been 24hrs of total fatigue... 13 days from due date... I cannot fathom getting up off the couch today. Fortunately this is my 1st and I don't have another LO to chase around this time around...

Hang in there
#9 of 11 Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've been really tired these last, hmm, 3 days? The whole nesting thing is starting to get old--I still want to have the windowsills sanded down and painted, but I no longer have the motivation to actually do it. I'd rather just crawl into bed. It's a mite problematic, really. DH just left for work at 8:00, and I got up a few minutes later to find it was 9:30. How did that happen? *yawn*

Well, if sleepiness is a sign of impending labour, I guess I really should get started on those windowsills. Fingers crossd baby won't be born until Monday, when we pick up the birth pool, though!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#10 of 11 Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM

Could be low iron. Have you had it checked?

I know mine is low and I'm exhausted.

It could just as well be a side effect of late pregnancy.

((((hugs))))

Listen to your body and get some extra rest!
#11 of 11 Old 03-06-2008, 10:39 PM

I am having the same exhaustion. Seems like anything I do takes great effort and then I need a nap.
I am 37 weeks today.
I try to nap with ds as often as I can......of course then nothing gets done around the house. **sigh**

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page