I thought I was going to die last night! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had the worst night of my life. I have 2 molars that are really bad and need to get pulled...someday...they don't usually bother me too often. So yesterday I was chewing my lunch and bit down and felt a super sharp pain jolt through my two crappy teeth.

The pain eventually went to a dullish ache, so I was relieved. Then the last 2 nights my neck has been getting out of wack and I wake up with neck pain.

So last night I woke up around 1am with a toothache and a horrible headache. I finally decided maybe one of my heat pads I got for labor would work on my neck. I could barely get the package open and tried to read the directions, but they just weren't registering in my brain. I went downstairs
to try to take a bath since that sometimes helps my neck. I called my Mom first to ask her to pray for me because I was so miserable. Then I hopped in the tub. I felt so weird/icky. I was worried I was going to pass out in the tub or something, so I drained the tub, and went upstairs and told my Husband he needed to help me, I started crying and I told him I really think I'm going to die. He would talk to me, but the words didn't make sense to me. I could hear him, but couldn't figure out what he was saying. And I believe I wasn't making sense with what I was saying either.

He tried to rub my neck and hold me and help me through it all. He's my rock!! Eventually my head cleared a bit and I was really tired and needed to zonk out(though I think I still was worried I was just going to die while I slept).

Got up at 4am with DH, and he asked me if I wanted him to stay home(even though we really can't afford it, and his boss gets unhappy when he misses), and my head/neck were still pretty painful I didn't think I would be able to take care of 4 kids today without him. I ended up sleeing in his recliner because I couldn't get any pillows to work for me in our bed.

Got up about 8am and though I still have neck pain and a headache if I move quickly or whatever, I feel a lot better.

I've never been that scared in my life. I think it was worse than transition was for me...because transistion you know it will end, and it's bringing your beautiful baby out, where this was just plain miserable. Going to try to take it easy today and do some gentle neck stretches....maybe try a shower.

The thing that irritated me, was that in my opinion, I ate the best yesterday of my whole pregnancy. I got 100g protein, took my vitamins, drank my herbal teas, etc. Maybe my body didn't know what to do with good nutrition!?! :

Thanks for letting me vent.
Sara

Homeschooling Mama to 6. Waiting for baby #7 to arrive mid September.
#2 of 13 Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM

Oh hugs to you mama--that sounds awful!! When I'm sleep-deprived my brain definitely gets crazy...sounds like you need some rest. Are you going to get the teeth pulled? That sounds horrible. And definitely see a chiro for your neck, if you can. Mine is such a lifesaver, and this is a situation where they can really help.

Hope you're doing better today.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#3 of 13 Old 03-05-2008, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
Oh hugs to you mama--that sounds awful!! When I'm sleep-deprived my brain definitely gets crazy...sounds like you need some rest. Are you going to get the teeth pulled? That sounds horrible. And definitely see a chiro for your neck, if you can. Mine is such a lifesaver, and this is a situation where they can really help.

Hope you're doing better today.
Thanks Mama!! I'm not sure about the teeth. I mean I eventually will have them pulled...the one is so far gone, and the other is mostly silver which I don't want to keep around either, but I would much prefer to get them pulled after the baby is born. As long as the pain stays away, I'll probably leave them until I have to get them pulled.

I should see a chiro. I need to find who is in network to get the best coverage and work form there. I've had back pain too that I've wanted to get to the chiro about, but it's just been so hard with 4 little ones to try to bring with, so I've put it off. Maybe this is my warning signal to get something down with the chiro now before it gets worse!!

Thanks for your encouragement. Sara

#4 of 13 Old 03-05-2008, 04:47 PM

That sounds really scary! Your husband does sound wonderful though.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
#5 of 13 Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 AM

That sounds terrible! I hope you find some relief soon! Is the neck pain related to the tooth ache? I hope you find a way to get to the chiro soon!!
#6 of 13 Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM

It sounds like you might have an absess, you should get your teeth looked at, the neck pain and headache could definitely be related.
#7 of 13 Old 03-06-2008, 02:15 PM

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#8 of 13 Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas. Turns out I had pre-eclamsia. I was induced Thursday afternoon and had my little squirt Friday 3:06 a.m.

Will write more later, but wanted to update.
Sara

#9 of 13 Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Congratulations. Hope everything went smoothly
#10 of 13 Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM

Oh wow! Congratulations! I hope both of you are doing well!
#11 of 13 Old 03-10-2008, 12:59 PM

Wow! Congratulations!
#12 of 13 Old 03-11-2008, 12:23 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sorry about the pre-e, but how thrilling that your baby is here. Can't wait to hear the whole story. Happy babymooning!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#13 of 13 Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Congratulations!

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page