Mothering Forum banner

TMI question...*UPDATE*

781 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CherryBomb 
#1 ·
So I had an OB appointment yesterday, and had my cervix checked. Baby is engaged, 0 station, 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced. Doctor told me to go home, walk, have lots of sex, nurse my two year old (
) and she'd see me this weekend.

Walking...check.

Nursing DD...check.

DH and I just DTD (literally like 30 min ago) - I went to the bathroom afterwards, and something long, stringy, egg-****** came out. I've never had that happen after DTD before - is it the mucous plug, or is it...um...DH's leftovers?

I kinda feel dumb asking these questions, since this isn't my first baby, but I had to be induced with DD, I never lost my plug with her or anything, I had started dilating but was only at like 1.5 cm when I had to be induced. So while it's Baby #2, this is all new to me!

*UPDATE*

It's definitely my plug, cause there was more today, and we haven't DTD in the last 24 hours!!!

TMI again - this morning, it was kind've green-tinged. Should that worry me? It looked just like pale green snot. (GROSS!!!!)

See less See more
#3 ·
My mucus plug has been coming out over the last couple of days and it hasn't been stringy- it's been in pieces, dime-quarter sized, gel-like and holds together on the tp. It's totally gross, and usually tinged brownish-red. I've heard of it being more loose/stringy though, so maybe there's some variety in what is normal for it to look like? I'd tend to guess it was leftovers though personally- usually I go do some kegels over the toilet after DH and I DTD to avoid the wet spot and what you describe sounds like what comes out.

#4 ·
I lost my plug last Sunday. It was brown, thick and stringy. Since then I've had some mucus that's thin and just slick periodically - thinner than egg-white but thicker than regular discharge and usually just barely tinged pinkish. I would say that if you haven't experienced the stringiness before following DTD then it could be your mucus plug. Hard to say though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.