Ugh, officially overdue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, here I am at 40+1 and not feeling much of anything besides a little stinging in my cervix. No contractions, no plug, my colostrum is in and I've been cleaning random things a lot, but no real signs. We even went to the official baby bringing eggplant parm restaurant last night (despite the fact that DS will NOT eat italian food - I smuggled in PB&J) and still no go.

DS went 11 days late but I'm still holding out hope that DD will come earlier than that.

I made Thursday my official last day at work because I couldn't stand another week of all the comments every time I left my office "you're still here?" "no baby yet?" "She's definitely dropped!" on and on. All well meaning, but I figured that even if she's late I'll do myself the favor and get myself away from the hustle bustle and commentary. I can nest for a week if needs be.

What else can I be doing? I've been DTD, walking, EPO orally and vaginally a couple of times, RRLT. What's this I'm reading about people bouncing on their birthing balls? What does that do, just kind of jostle the baby into the cervix? Heck, my son has a mini trampoline, I'm tempted to just start bouncing. And then at the same time I'm still a little nervous about birth... Last one was 30+ hours of back labor.

Oh well, anyone else in the same boat yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
DBZ

Yeah I am in the same boat. I'm trying to tell myself that my due date is 3/19 because that would make me 41w5d which is how long I carried my older two. I want this one to come before that though. I was having ctx last night but it turned out to be a big tease. Sorry that the official eggplant parm restaurant didn't work . Do you get a refund?

I don't know if it will make you feel any better but we aren't technically "overdue" at this point.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#3 of 13 Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like you're doing all you can

I went to 41w2d with dd2! I'm trying to convince myself I won't go as long this time (and I just had bloody show earlier, so here's hoping!) I was due yesterday.
#4 of 13 Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM

Good luck to you - I know it's miserable waiting. It sounds like you're doing everything right - sending you good thoughts.
#5 of 13 Old 03-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Today I'm 40wks 5days. I'm kind fo the same way. I have very few contractions and the ones I have are mild. Baby has not dropped, no mucus plug etc. On Thurs. they did a Non-stress test. Went fine, was amazingly boring. MW said it was the "prettiest strip she'd seen all day" when she tore the paper off the machine. She also commented that I was having little 20 sec. contractions all through the test that I hadn't felt at all.

It kind of made me happy that even though I can't feel it, something is happening. Maybe you're having little mini-contractions too.

Mon. They want to do a biophysical profile to check breathing motions, amniotic fluid levels etc. I'm not crazy about all the testing, but it keeps anyone from wanting to induce so it's worth it. MW said that a good biophysical would give me 5-7 days till the next test.

ETA: I'm going to have my little brother make eggplant parm for me. Apparently he makes a really good one and we're working on saving money and not going out to eat.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#6 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 12:05 AM

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time waiting! I can understand how you feel, even if I'm not there myself for this pregnancy quite yet.

If you're that eager to get things going, I'd personally give the trampoline a shot. Both my previous labors started after some vigorous exercise followed by laying down and napping.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#7 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Okay, I've heard of using pineapple, but what's with eggplant parmesan??

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#8 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 12:56 AM
DBZ

the Eggplant Parm myth

#9 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
That's place is 20 min from my house. Your killing my frugal will power here

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#10 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

They have the recipe on their website (ah, I see that it's also on DBZ's link). Maybe you could get your little brother to adapt his. It was excellent BTW. I was toying with making it on my own but then got lazy.

It's not so much that I'm impatient, it's just sort of gone into a grey area of she'll come at some point, who knows when. You wait for 40 weeks and then the day passes and you keep waiting, except now I'll have a two week window before I'll start being pressured to induce.

KristiDi, where are you? I'm 20 min away as well, up near the M'tta square.
#11 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyDi View Post
That's place is 20 min from my house. Your killing my frugal will power here
LMAO! Every preggo mama deserves a meal out. I'm in the frugal club too, but every so often I have to go out to eat to keep my sanity.

#12 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 04:33 AM

eggplant parm to induce labor? Who would have though it... That is the best laugh I have had in a week.
#13 of 13 Old 03-09-2008, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Oookay! Interesting. Sadly DH said 'Ew' when I mentioned eggplant parmesan to him... still, he's in the kitchen right now making me stir fry, so I can't complain!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page