Weekly thread March 9th to 16th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 03-11-2008, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally got Hamilton's birth story posted: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...9#post10739689
#32 of 38 Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 PM

My appointment this week showed no changes. Kind of depressing, but I am just 38 weeks, so I shouldn't be complaining yet. I got my list of things to do complete, and now I have nothing to do but relax and I can't. I feel like I should be doing something all the time and I can't just sit and relax. I can't sleep at night either. I just lie there wide awake. I am growing impatient to see my little boy.

Emily, mama to DD 03/04, DS 01/06, DS 03/08, and DD due 11/20/11cd.gifbfinfant.gif

#33 of 38 Old 03-12-2008, 12:29 AM

Leiahs, I'm sorry you all are getting sick! DS is coming down with pink eye, too... we'll see if it actually takes hold or if he'll be able to fight it off (fingers crossed). I'm thinking the warmer weather is what's getting us over here. And we all have allergies and things are starting to bloom so we're all a bit itchy and sniffly (read: I'm in utter denial that we could be starting another round of colds!).

I had an adjustment today for the first time this pregnancy and she did a lot of body work (massage type stuff) on my back. I am SO sore! I wish my mw would have recommended this chiro ages ago so I could have maybe really worked these knots out! Owie!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#34 of 38 Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hmph.

I had a friend over today who's pregnant, and we psyched ourselves up talking everything baby-related (which was great fun), so later on when I wanted a nap I felt like reading a book which involved birth or babies somehow. Unfortunately the only one I could find which remotely answered this description was Sons and Lovers. Now I feel kinda depressed.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#35 of 38 Old 03-12-2008, 10:55 AM

I'm at 39 weeks right now and feel like a lot of things are changing but I don't know if that means the baby is coming soon or not (and by soon I mean within the next week!) I tried to see if I could squeeze some colostrum out of my breast this morning (I wasn't able to last week) and I got a teeny tiny drop! So, at least I know something is in there
I am debating back and forth when I'm going to take my maternity leave. I had originally wanted to stay until the baby was born and now I'm on a 30 hour work week but I feel so crappy all the time I'm thinking I might start it on the 24th if the baby's not here yet. I'm just worried it will decide to come really late and I'll be sitting around for 2 weeks twiddling my thumbs.

Ally
#36 of 38 Old 03-12-2008, 03:08 PM

NAK here

Sorry for everyone experiencing after pains. Mine were so bad in the hospital and every nurse said they get worse with each child. It didn't help that eveyone who checked my incision pushed on my tummy! But seriously, the pain of my uterus contracting back down was sooooo much worse than the incision site. Way worse. Like, it is what I would complain of when answering the "1-10,how is your pain" question.

Now I am swollen as all get out and trying to get this water weight from the IV out of my body... it's everywhere. So bad I don't/can't leave the house. I DO look like a big marshmallow

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#37 of 38 Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Hmph.

I had a friend over today who's pregnant, and we psyched ourselves up talking everything baby-related (which was great fun), so later on when I wanted a nap I felt like reading a book which involved birth or babies somehow. Unfortunately the only one I could find which remotely answered this description was Sons and Lovers. Now I feel kinda depressed.
Well, FIL brought me some movies him and MIL brought with them to watch while with us. One he brought me to watch during a stay at night alone in the hospital was Phantom of the Opera. Um, yeah...don't really feel like watching that one by myself Bring on the lighthearted comedies!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#38 of 38 Old 03-12-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
Almost 38 weeks here, and totally done with this. Yesterday some moron said to me, "Hey, you kinda look like the Pillsbury dough girl!"

Then, he proceeded to poke my belly button with a pen and say, "hoo hoo!"

I do *not* look like the pillsbury dough girl!

I think I would attack such a person! :

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page