Still Pregnant Roll Call! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 369 Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieAlly View Post
How did it go with the acupuncturist? I saw one today as well. It was interesting (I'd never been to one before) so I guess we'll see what happens but I don't feel any different. She gave me this little sticky tacks to put on the pressure points on my hands (on the piece of skin between your thumb and pointer finger) that's suppose to help with pain if I go into labor in the next few days...well it's not helping with my carpal tunnel or adhesion pain so I don't see it helping with labor pain LOL

And is anyone else getting sick of the constant calls and emails of "IS THE BABY HERE YET????????" which are mostly from people who damn well know if the baby were here they would know because I've already told them a million times I'll let them know@#$%!!!! I tried not answering the phone but one person just kept calling and leaving more and more desperate messages....GO AWAY!

Ally
Acupuncture was, as jes'sbeth said. . interesting. I've never done it before. . I just hope it works. Not painful, but so far not particularly helpful either. She wants to see me again on Thursday for a repeat "more aggressive" session.

I got the little sticky ball things put on my ear. . apparently there is a "uterus" pressure point so I'm supposed to press on it whenever I have a contraction.

Oh, and the phone calls. . yeah no kidding! My own mother and MIL keep calling! As if we'd have the baby and not say anything. Next time they ask, I'm gonna tell them "oh yeah, we had the baby last night, we must have forgotten to call".

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#302 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 AM

Chiming in the morning to get my time card punched. 40 weeks and 5 days. Blegh. I am so over this:.
#303 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 10:44 AM

Im 41+ something. Ive lost track by now. I have a biophysical profile tomorrow.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#304 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 12:00 PM

40 weeks tomorrow. Maybe this will be an April baby.

Infrequent contractions for the last three days... and going out for Mexican food last night didn't do a thing... but it was good. And I figured it probably will be the last time we go out for dinner before the baby comes!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#305 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 01:12 PM

still here, too! well, according to my mw today is my EDD, so i guess i don't have *that* much to complain about. except that i continue to puke. somehow, now that i've hit this random date i feel a little less crazy. or i say that today, anyhow! it just seems inevitable that it can't be *too* much longer, right?
#306 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hey people, here's my post, i thought i'd put it here...
look forward to reading all the posts....

Hi, im determined not to go too far 'overdue' because last time i did, and ended up on pitocin. Yesterday was my 'due date'. Here's my plan- walk tonnes every day, drink more rasberry leaf tea, start taking evening primrose oil, eat wheat germ (vit e is good for the placenta), do some acupuncture every second day.

Then, if nothing by the end of the week, ill start blue/black cohosh,nipple stimulation, have membranes swept next Monday (one week past due date), tho i'd rather avoid that.

What do you think?

Last night, i had alot of braxton hicks contractions which i dont usually have-i thought to myself, lets go into labor tomorrow, say around 12? I just want to avoid the stress of being 'overdue'. I mean, am i just too well nourished?

Come on baby, be ready to be born!

Also, i have my medwife prenatal appointment today. That means sitting around all afternoon on my ass, only to be told 'we'll have to induce you', but of course, no recommendations for anything useful like acupuncture.

Im also seeing a midwife and preparing for homebirth, which the clinic doesnt know about, because i started it late. Im half inclined to miss my medwife appointment today (shes only going to stress me out,and tell me my baby is going to die), and go on a very very very l ong walk instead.

some more of those contractions please!

what do you think? anyone else in my position here?
Maya
#307 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 01:40 PM

morning all. No baby here yet.

Took my 3 yr old to the science and technology museum this morning. Thankfully she has a cold and was happy to let me sit down frequently and run around in my sight. She got a good bit of excersize. I got a good walk in (wow does my lower back ever hurt!) and she's now down for a good nap. She has a cold and certainly isn't feeling her normal bouncy self. I wish she wasn't sick but I'm kinda happy that she's a bit more low key than usual.

I'm at 40w 6d now. I'm more than a touch impatient. Jesse wants to stay home from work and I want her here and parental leave doesn't start for her until the baby arrives. sigh. Anyway... I guess I'll just go pay the bills and get that over with and see what else I can do (this whole make work thing while waiting is getting tedious too!)
#308 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi everyone, just thought i'd post this here as well... look forward to reading the other posts. Good luck everyone!

Im 40+1day.....im determined not to go too far 'overdue' because last time i did, and ended up on pitocin. Yesterday was my 'due date'. Here's my plan- walk tonnes every day, drink more rasberry leaf tea, start taking evening primrose oil, eat wheat germ (vit e is good for the placenta), do some acupuncture every second day.

Then, if nothing by the end of the week, ill start blue/black cohosh,nipple stimulation, have membranes swept next Monday (one week past due date), tho i'd rather avoid that.

What do you think?

Last night, i had alot of braxton hicks contractions which i dont usually have-i thought to myself, lets go into labor tomorrow, say around 12? I just want to avoid the stress of being 'overdue'. I mean, am i just too well nourished?

Come on baby, be ready to be born!

Also, i have my medwife prenatal appointment today. That means sitting around all afternoon on my ass, only to be told 'we'll have to induce you', but of course, no recommendations for anything useful like acupuncture.

Im also seeing a midwife and preparing for homebirth, which the clinic doesnt know about, because i started it late. Im half inclined to miss my medwife appointment today (shes only going to stress me out,and tell me my baby is going to die), and go on a very very very l ong walk instead.

some more of those contractions please!

what do you think? anyone else in my position here?
Maya
#309 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 01:52 PM

Due date is today. No labor yet.

I was starting to think maybe something was happening last night - I sat down and played computer games online with DH, which I haven't done for a while, and I had nearly a constant lower back ache for about an hour. If it had faded in and out at all, I would have called it contractions, you know? But it was constant. I also had fairly frequent BH contractions last night, maybe every 20-40 minutes for several hours. But once I went to bed, everything stopped. Sigh. So I went to my midwife appointment this morning a little disappointed.

I only gained one pound this week, YAY! Baby is definitely a 9 pounder according to my midwife. Heartbeat is sounding fine, blood pressure was good (actually lower than my norm!). I'm also measuring 42 weeks. Lovely....

She told me they have 4 people due around now - and NONE of them went into labor with the full moon over the weekend. What a faulty full moon!!! I feel ripped off!

I had to schedule 2 appointments for next week, we have to start the NST's around week 41. I had BETTER not make that first appointment on Monday. I also was sent home with a referral to get a 41 week ultrasound to check the placenta and amniotic fluid. She said as long as everything is looking good, we can go until the "cows come home", or at 41 weeks we can check my cervix and stuff like that if I want them to. Again, I'd rather not even think about making it to 41 weeks.

Today's weather is nice, in a little bit, I'll take the kids and pick up some Evening Primrose Oil (I wish I would have given in and picked it up last week...), and then go for a walk again. Maybe I should try to have a walk every day. My body just aches thinking about it, though.

I paid my bills on Monday to make sure they were out of the way. Won't have to think about any more bills for at least 2 weeks now. I've done okay at keeping up with the housework, although the kitchen could use a touchup. My grocery shopping is really suffering, though. I'm tired of planning meals. I'm ready to have the baby and let people bring some food to me, lol!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#310 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Anyone else still around? I'm 41w2d and going crazy!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#311 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 08:11 PM

Maybe an extreme amount of STRESS will bring the baby because I just had to have a realtor walk through my apartment. Why? Because my landlord/roommate (I rent a room from another single mom) has now decided to sell the house. She told me on Easter she is THINKING about it and now here's the realtor. And before you tell me the market is crap keep in mind I live in the #1 place to live in America (according to Money magazine). I was really really happy here...I basically have the equivalent of 2 small bedrooms, my own laundry room and my own bathroom for $400 a month...I am not going to get that anywhere else. The key word here is HAPPY because Ally is NEVER allowed to be Happy. I am so upset right now...how could she spring this on me now when I am f#$##@$@#$@# over 40 weeks pregnant?? WHO DOES THAT!?!?!?!?!

Ally
#312 of 369 Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM

Ally... THAT SUCKS!!!!! We sold our house about a month ago. It was CRAZY! we sold and bought in under 2 weeks. We were going to sell this spring anyway but then in the end we decided to see if we could do it all before baby came. We did it but man, was that NUTS! Still it was OUR decision not someone else's and we were in on the thought process which is way different than your situation. I feel for you.

Clearly I'm still here. I have been feeling crampy all day and had some encouraging feeling contractions this afternoon that, of course, have disappeared again. sigh.

My poor daughter has a nasty cold and spiked a fever this afternoon. My wife ALSO has the nasty cold and I sent her to bed. Maybe it's a good thing that baby isn't here yet but ya know, at 40 wks 6 ds, I hardly care anymore. I really am beginning to think my body doesn't know how to do labour...
#313 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 04:13 AM

argh, so maybe the French drs were right about the due date (they told me the 28th at the same time telling me she'd probably come early) while the Italian ones told me Easter. Cuz here I am...still pregnant. Now my stretch marks have gotten unbelievably awful in the last week. I went from none to the whole front of my belly covered in them and a big red blotch below my belly button, and it itches like crazy!!!!
I can't stop scratching!! arrrgh!
Creams and Lotions are not helping...anyone know a remedy? Should I try oatmeal? Or an anti-histamine??
On top of that, I am still on a steady diet of Tylenol to relieve tooth pain. Two weeks ago I had to leave the dentist with a half finished root canal in order to get to an un-rescheduable anesthesiologist appt....:
Now I will have to wait until after the birth to have the dental work finished... I just can't imagine sitting through the whole proceedure again this close to labor.
And NO signs of labor yet!!! Lots of BH contx though.

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
#314 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 08:32 AM

Im still here. Almost 42 weeks ugh. Ive never been this pregnant. I feel sick to my stomach this morning.

I have a biophysical profile today. Wish me luck!

#315 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 AM

good luck with the BPP Jokerama.

Sorry about the tooth Autumnfairy.

I'm still pregnant too and my belly itches like crazy as well. I actually grabbed the hydrocortizone cream left over from my daughter's teething rashes (she got the most wicked diaper rashes from teething...) and that helps a bit though I dont' really like the idea of using it while pregnant... I just HAD to stop the itching for a bit...

Maybe today will be our lucky day...
#316 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 AM

Beth- I think our babies are in a competition to see who can be in utero longer!

#317 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 AM

wow, ally! that sucks! can you talk to your landlord(lady) and see if she's just trying to get an idea of how much she can get or if she really means to go through with this just as your baby's due?

i had what seems to have been another false labor start last night. crazy! i was having pretty intense, deep contractions of the sort i remember having right before my son was born for about 4-5 hours last night. i'm still having some contractions, but they have gotten fewer and farther between. i am getting really tired of these false starts. it really messes with my mind. plus, now i am feeling quite tired.
#318 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 AM

I'm frustrated, and still here.

My friend called me around 4:30pm yesterday, and I had a couple strong-ish contractions during our 30-40 minute conversation. And once DH got home from work, I was still noticing contractions, so I started paying attention to the time. Between 7pm and 10pm, I was having contractions every 10 minutes apart. I was *thisclose* to calling the midwife and my childcare person several times, and I also started taking care of some last-minute cleaning up. There were a few times while I was cleaning that I wasn't sure if I actually had a contraction or not...but they were definitely there if I was resting. However, after I got all my little chores done and sat down at the computer for a while, they were further apart and not so strong. So I just spent all that time trying to decide if they were real contractions or not. I've never had false labor or anything, so I was really confused.

Eventually, we decided to watch a movie, and I decided to skip timing them at that point, figuring if they were getting strong enough and close enough to grab my attention through the movie, I would start to take note of it then. But by the end of the movie, they were all but gone. Sigh.

I guess it was a good thing I didn't call anyone, but I know MIL is going to call and bug me today, since she called while all this was happening and I told her how I was trying to decide if it was real or not. At least my house is all nice and clean again. A couple loads of laundry, and there will be nothing else to do. Well, except for grocery shopping, which I'm absolutely not in the mood to do.

I convinced DH in the most un-sexy way EVER that we should DTD before we went to sleep last night. I think that in addition to the few hours of contractions caused me to lose my mucous plug. It wasn't pink tinged or anything, though... but (TMI) definitely thick and mucousy.

No contractions yet this morning. Hopefully I won't have another night of 10-minutes-apart contractions that go nowhere. That was really depressing, to have it all end instead of intensify. In the meantime, I feel like the kids and I should get out of the house, but I'm feeling too grumpy. Ugh.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#319 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 03:02 PM

Still here. I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. Never thought I'd make it to this point. Pregnancy fatigue is getting pretty bad. I snap at the kids, at DH because a good nights rest is not in the cards for me anymore. He went surfing this morning, and I fumed at having to chase DD2 around the beach while he's catching waves. It really is a beautuiful day, but I can't enjoy it. My sense of humor is gone, gone, gone.
#320 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hautemama View Post
a good nights rest is not in the cards for me anymore.
I hear ya. Most of this trimester I've gotten by with 2 or 3 nighttime runs to the bathroom, and otherwise not waking up. But over the last several days, it's been easily 6 trips to the bathroom every night, and waking up several times from just being plain uncomfortable, on top of it. And that's just after I finally get to sleep. The process of falling asleep is not as easy as one would think, with how tired I feel at the end of the day.

#321 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM

I had the profile this morning and everything was perfect so ob said there's no reason to induce unless I want to so I guess Ill keep waiting as long as I can stand it.

#322 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM

40 weeks today, and pondering the injustice of the phrase "nine months" in reference to pregnancy. Who came up with these things?

Minor swelling in my hands, seeing the mw tonight because of it and hoping that it isn't anything. She said to take it easy today and eat protein every few hours... I'm liking the excuse to lie around and read and eat yogurt!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#323 of 369 Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
DBZ

I just want to pop in and send some labor vibes your way!!! I am totoally looking forward to hearing about your labors!!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#324 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 AM

My belly button itches like crazy but I HATE touching it or it being touched in any way so I don't know what to do...either I am itchy or I get the heebie jeebies from trying to scratch it.

Ally
#325 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 AM

I woke up at 4am having contractions and they are 5 minutes apart so everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me that this isn't some kind of cruel joke (aka false labor).

Ally
#326 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 AM

I can't believe I'm still pregnant... 40w5d. I know, lots of women go to 41 or 42 weeks, but my first two babies had been born by now! I thought preg was supposed to get shorter each time.

My back hurts, my legs hurt, the baby feels like it is trying to tunnel out through my bladder, I wake up 5 or 6 times a night to pee, I'm tired all the time and I have all the maneuverability of a tank. And dh has the flu.

Whew! I feel better now... a little. Let's hope we all go into labor really soon!
#327 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 10:12 AM

I'm in contractionville today. I'm hoping they stick around and end in a baby and don't disappear.

I'm feeling labour-y enough that we've dropped our child off at our friends for the day but not labour-y enough to really believe this is the real deal...
#328 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 AM

wow, crazy! are a number of us going to have our babies today (well, not me )? let's hope so! : there's only 4 more days left in march! i wonder if some of us are going to end up with april babies. i already have one april baby (who i adore, of course) but i was already feeling like their birthdays were rather close. each day this baby hangs out inside their birthdays get closer and closer.

MIL and FIL arrive tomorrow for the weekend. in some ways this is great and in other ways i have mixed feelings. i get along really well with them and DS adores them, but i always end up doing more and there's just a lot more energy in the house that may be less sort of calm, which i kind wonder if i need for having a baby? i mean, they'll leave if i ask them to during labor and DS can hang out with them if he decides he doesn't feel comfortable during the birth, but there will still be a strong presence in the house.

oh, baby, please come soon!
#329 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 AM

ELV's to you Jes'sBeth and Ally, hoping the contractions are the real deal!!!

41 weeks. My mom is coming here today from out of province, we hadn't planned on her being here for the birth just for some after support but since our baby, whom everyone told us was going to be here early is actually sticking in for the long haul I guess she'll be here for it after all. (I'm hoping that will turn out alright with her being present) My next appt. is tomorrow, can't wait to hear what my mw has to say
#330 of 369 Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 AM

Nothing happening here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page