Still Pregnant Roll Call! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieAlly View Post
Is anyone here ever tempted to just sleep on the bathroom floor so you don't have to walk so far to get to the bathroom every 20 minutes?? I seriously though about doing it the past couple nights...I am soooooo tired and then to have to get up to go to work is getting harder every day.
With my DS(2yo)'s pregnancy, I did that. Well right out side in case my bf had to use it. I took two blankets, and a few pillows... made a little bed... and was a lot happier in the morning!

With this pregnancy I can JUST make it from night to morning so I feel no need to do it.
#62 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieAlly View Post
Is anyone here ever tempted to just sleep on the bathroom floor so you don't have to walk so far to get to the bathroom every 20 minutes?? I seriously though about doing it the past couple nights...I am soooooo tired and then to have to get up to go to work is getting harder every day.
With my DS(2yo)'s pregnancy, I did that. Well right out side in case my bf had to use it. I took two blankets, and a few pillows... made a little bed... and was a lot happier in the morning!

With this pregnancy I can JUST make it from night to morning so I feel no need to do it.
#63 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM

40+5 today getting quite a lot of pains and tightenings so hopefully soon :

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#64 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 PM

Well, I've come to the conclusion she's playing with my head. I think I can start calling it prodomal labor rather than BH now though. GET OUUUUT!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#65 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 01:41 PM

Water broke and now ctx are a bit painful... not in my belly but in my thighs! What is that about?! So we are going to the birth clinic... think relaxing thoughts for me!

Best to all of you!
#66 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 PM

Okay, so an update for the day... As many of you know DH and I lost our house a couple weeks ago and have had to move in with my Mom and SD for a while (DD is with us). Needless to say stress is very real for me right now. My MW came over for a quick checkup yesterday since I am 40w 4d and I now live 10 min from her! Anywho, been having a lot of swelling, too much, and my blood pressure is way up, so now I am on house arrest/bedrest until further notice!!! I am already bored out of my mind!!! I have a feeling Mattie will arrive Sunday, mine and DH's 9 month wedding anniversary...Kinda fitting... Still having sporadic contractions, loosing some mucous plug here and there, and she is much lower in the pelvis... Momma is ready... Going back to bed...
#67 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

ani ! Congrats on labor! sending you lots of warm thoughts!!
#68 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck ani!

40w6d today and nothing My NST went great, but I'm still only 1cm (though she said I'm looser), baby is still -2 station, and I effaced a little more (60% now). Sigh.

I go back the 20th for another NST if I'm still pregnant (PLEASE GOD NO!!!) I might try castor oil this Sunday. Sigh.
#69 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM

Had my 38+some-odd days appt this morning. Everything still holding steady! My BP looked a little high at first, but after we grabbed a bigger cuff, it was back to my norm. Still no ctx to speak of. No cervical checks yet, so who knows, but I'd be surprised if it were anything significant.

I was (kindly) chastised for not calling about the extreme pubic pain last week. (Along the lines of "We really want to help you if you an, but you have to give us a chance, first!" lol. I somewhat apologized for my "wait and see" attitude towards things.) They're glad I'm feeling better, but agree that it would be a good idea to see a chiro to make sure everything can be in as ideal as possible position for whenever the birth does happen.

I've got some sort of appointment, whether with docs or friends, for every day next week, so far. Totally don't mind if baby wants to stick around inside for that long. But I know once I hit 40 weeks, I'll be super anxious and impatient. What a fine line I walk!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#70 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

38 week MW appt yesterday, I am about 50% effaced, finger tip dilated (STILL) and his head is on my cervix. No talk on station, forgot to ask. She guessed him at about 6.5 lbs right now, expecting about 7.5 by EDD. She assured me AGAIN that she didn't expect I would go early. I certainly don't want to rush him before he is ready, and if he is destined to be an Aries, so be it. It would just make life easier right now if he came a bit earlier...I had a couple good ctx on Tuesday night and totally freaked-realizing nothing is ready to really have the baby-so I am calming down and getting more organized (gotta finish the taxes tonight, DH needs his resume retooled and sent out for a couple jobs back home this week, do some organizing for our upcoming move...Get the cajones to quit my job). I guess i am Macro nesting, micro nesting comes next once that junk gets done!
#71 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM

40.2 and am 1 cm, 50% effaced and at -2 station. Not quite the progress I was hoping for but it's something!
#72 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 03:23 PM

Can I just say... I'm really done with this whole pregnancy thing. I do not cherish it, I just want to get on to the labour part and be done with pregnancy.

No signs of baby yet. A few days seems too long let alone a week or 2 more... sigh.

and I'm really really done with the tingley fingers from the carpal tunnel!
#73 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine12 View Post
and if he is destined to be an Aries, so be it.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh. When I first told one of my co-workers I was pregnant due the end of March, she said, "OMG, I hope it's not a boy!" I didn't quite know how to respond. So, what is it with Aries' boys??

Speaking of Aries' boys, looks like mine intends to be an Aries, too. I had an appt. today (38w3d) and pretty much nothing going on. Doctor said, I expect I'll see you back here in a week.

Oh well...my only concern as I go longer is that I'm going to have to fight to continue going longer. They are going to want to talk about induction the closer I get to me edd.
#74 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 04:48 PM

well, speaking as a mother to an aries boy i can officially say, they rock! my 2.9 yr. old aries boy is incredibly sweet and loving and creative and adorable (but i'm not biased, of course ).

i was woken up at 3:00 a.m. with super-crampy ctx and they continued through the morning, but nada. i've had this happen before, but it always peters out. ah well! i guess i'll know well enough when it's the real thing, right?
#75 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I've got some sort of appointment, whether with docs or friends, for every day next week, so far. Totally don't mind if baby wants to stick around inside for that long.
Yep! The only thing that's keeping me going at present is thinking things like 'Well, I can't have the baby tomorrow because I have that mystery shopping job, and after that I was gonna go out with Mum to the craft fair, and if I'm still pregnant on Sunday I can go to that Bible study...'.

Hopefully my midwife will come today! Not that she can probably tell me anything I don't already know, as she doesn't do internal exams.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#76 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 05:04 PM

Today is my due date. Zero signs of any baby coming. He's been at 0 station for 4 weeks now, but my doc can barely reach my cervix, it's high and firm, only fingertip dilated. I have pitting edema from my toes up to my thighs now, blood pressure is perfect but the swelling sucks! And to top it off, I've got a cold. DH had it really bad Tuesday, I'm awful today but at least it's my day off anyway. My throat is so sore, and so I don't know if I can even go to work tomorrow, as my job is a telephone customer service rep. I really need to work every day I can, though, $ is so so tight. I might try and if it's too much, I have a few hrs of sick leave available, which would be better than staying home altogether.

I am scheduled for cervical-ripening on Wed night if he's not here by then, so come hell or high water I'll have a baby by the first day of spring. Between the swelling and utter exhaustion I just can't do this much longer. I was trying to avoid induction, but at 41wks is not so bad. It's not like we're doing it at 38.
#77 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM

I've had this feeling all week like "this is it, any moment now" and today it's been super strong. The problem is, there is NOTHING going on! I seriously wish my brain would QUIT with the tricks cause, really, I shouldn't be expecting anything for a week or so at the earliest.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#78 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kids2love View Post
I'm still here, 38 weeks tomorrow. I'm ready to be done, but baby obviously isn't. My other kids all came right around their due date, so I'm pretty sure I'll be around for a couple more weeks. I'm thinking maybe 3/23. Since it's ds's birthday, and Easter Sunday, and it's going to just be fun to add one more thing to the day, lol. Now someone mentioned it's a full moon that weekend, too? Ooohhhh.....
The 21 is the Spring Equinox...
#79 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyAngil View Post
The 21 is the Spring Equinox...
And my birthday!

DS is due on the 17th, but I think it would be kinda cool if he was born on the 21st. . .

But, as it is, I'm still here and hugely pregnant. Nothin' is goin' on at all. . no contractions or anything. So I wait patiently. . .

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#80 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiamond View Post
And my birthday!

DS is due on the 17th, but I think it would be kinda cool if he was born on the 21st. . .

But, as it is, I'm still here and hugely pregnant. Nothin' is goin' on at all. . no contractions or anything. So I wait patiently. . .

heh i am due for my hbac boy on the 17th too!
#81 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I am still here and still hugely pg. Had a biophysical profile done as this kid is sooooooooo lazy. Seriously i hve gone 4 hours with not a tiny movement. He scored 8/8 so he is doing great - just lazy and cramped. He is so fat! He has huge cheeks. The fun part is they est his weight at 12lbs2oz so they will be "advising" my mw to cs me. I am so glad she is chill with it.

I am so done being pg. DD was 10 days "overdue"
I dont know if i can take that.

Oh, and i am also a member of the crabby mean preggo club. I am just full of :
#82 of 369 Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 PM

So my official due date has come...and with in a few hours will be gone.

Sigh. i guess since i was seeing a mw, planning everything to be so wonderful, eating right, taking care of myself so well, resting often etc.... that i would have better results. Better, of course, being the American version of better=faster.

At least now i know there is an end in sight...it is REALLY rare to go past 42 weeks. Plus i was reading this article that the whole 40 week/266 day formula is sort of not very scientific. If we look at actual stats of births we SHOULD be adding 15 days to that due date for first time moms and at least 10 to it for subsequent babies. PLUS, my mw said her formula is to add 5 months to the day you feel the first good kick in utero. If i use either or those formula's, i come up with the same date...the 23rd of March. All of my other babies went 42 weeks. Why should this one be different?

It is hard, b/c everyone who knows me has been saying "Oh, it's baby #4, you won't make it to your due date!" and i guess i started to believe them, too. I'm pretty bummed out today. i really honestly thought that i had earned an 'on time birth' this time around. Ha!

Justine--Wife to Sir Hubby, HBAC Momma to 5 kiddos including Lazlo born 1/6/10 gently at home!
#83 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaJulian View Post
i really honestly thought that i had earned an 'on time birth' this time around. Ha!
One of my favorite quotes: "A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to!"

That said, I'm still pregnant too...just over a week off of my due date. I was supposed to have my membranes stripped yesterday, but that is the subject for another thread.

In a way, I'm relieved I didn't have it done, because I feel certain that it would have worked and I'd have gone into labor today. Good thing about that - I'd no longer be pregnant! Bad thing, tomorrow is the base's Easter egg hunt, and I've really been looking forward to taking DD through the course. (Only one parent per child is allowed in, due to space constraints. DH took DD last year while I took pictures from the other side of a chain link fence. HE gets to be the camera man this year!!!)
#84 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 09:54 AM

You ladies who are overdue and have such good attitudes are my inspiration! I'm now 5 days overdue and have been in such an awful mood for days -- I'm just depressed. I had contractions all afternoon and then sprung a small leak of amniotic fluid in the early evening so my midwife asked to see me last night. Nothing! No progress from the couple of days before. I tried to take castor oil this morning but my gag reflex kicked in and I couldn't get any down at all. And now I have to have another NST later this morning. I was hoping to have the baby before I had to do that again. oh well.

sorry for all the complaining -- I really need to get out of this funk.
#85 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 AM

40+1 and still here--maybe?

So at midnight, i started having ctx like i have never had before...really super crampy and like a rod of pain was connecting my cervix to my lower back. Ow. Every 5 minutes. Lot's of pressure, and i felt the baby move down, down, down. So far down that i seriously wondered if she was going to just slide out! Well, no position was comfy anymore, so at 3ish i got up and took a bath. But then i got out b/c i was paranoid that i might have her in the bath and it was full of bubble bath and essence oils which i didn't think she would dig having in her eyes if she came out!

So, i paced around a bit, crawled into the recliner at 4ish (which i have not done this whole pregnancy, trying to avoid OP presentation!) and FELL ASLEEP! BLISS!

At 6 I rolled out of sleep with a killer ctx and decided to go pee. Bloody funky, gooey junk! (Okay, am i over sharing at this point )

Still having ctx but they are more like 7 minutes apart. Called the mw and canceled my appointment with her this morning--she has to drive 1.5 hrs to reach me--and told her that we should just wait until i needed her since she has to come so far...no use doing it twice!

I hate to get all excited, b/c i have had regular ctx for hour and hours with no baby to show for it...but the level of these is a whole new thing, and the bloody show has me really encouraged!

Hopefully i will have some news to report today or tomorrow...

Justine--Wife to Sir Hubby, HBAC Momma to 5 kiddos including Lazlo born 1/6/10 gently at home!
#86 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 AM

38 weeks today. Happy to still be pregnant. I feel like I have so much to do. Probably because I do. I got very little accomplished this week because of all the accident stuff. I have no car now and have to go car shopping. I also have to buy new carseats. In a pinch I can use the old ones.(Not the one's in the accident. Those were brand new. I hadn't donated the old ones yet.) But I do want to get an infant seat. I have a sprained ankle, or at least that's what the doc says. I'm not convinced. It doesn't feel like a sprain. It is seriously hindering my productivity though. Oh well.
#87 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like it will be soon for you Justine!!

Well I'm having contractions but they're irregular and mild (they hurt but I can talk/walk through them). And I haven't had any bloody show or loose bowels. So I don't think I'm in labor but hopefully it's just around the corner.

Tyson (dh) thinks I'm pscyhing myself out. Possibly. I am really stressed and anxious. I'm trying to relax but it's hard.

(xposted from my personal journal)

I'm going to try some castor oil tonight or tomorrow and see if that kicks me into full on labor.
#88 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Well I'm having contractions but they're irregular and mild (they hurt but I can talk/walk through them). And I haven't had any bloody show or loose bowels. So I don't think I'm in labor but hopefully it's just around the corner.
Yeah. Except that has been the last 4 weeks! So, I'm sure labor is close for me but close as in the next few weeks rather than the next few months! I was fine with this until this midweek. All of a sudden it's super annoying to me that my body won't settle into a pattern. Every night for a week I've thought, maybe just maybe, things would settle into a pattern. But then I fall asleep and everything stops. Upon waking, there's many more gobs of mucous (without the barest trace of pink, mind you) and I get to start those lovely contractions again. All.day.long. I hope your body is more cooperative or at least that you can be more chill about it than me. It's really getting under my skin now.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#89 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Still here, with the added panic of 'The longer I don't have the baby on my own, the more likely I'll be induced for pre-eclampsia' fun added to the mix. How much EPO can one take a day? The little jar says 1-3 capsules, but I don't think it was specifically speaking of getting ready for labour. I'm taking 3 at the moment, as well as 3 mugs of really strong raspberry leaf tea--but it feels sort of like a superstitious ritual at this point, because nothing happens! (Although, if I thought sacrificing a beast by the light of the full moon might help, I might just start stalking my pet chickens with a gleam in my eye, at this point...).

39 weeks 2 days... still not even at the 40-week point! Ack. I'm no longer worried about how much longer I can do this--I'm worried about how much longer they'll let me do this! My midwife seems to keep fluctuating randomly between overconcern and unconcern. One minute she's telling me ruefully how far my chances of a homebirth have dropped, and the next she's saying 'Oh, sure you can attend that study in a few days' time'--in a city 1 1/2 hours away! It's disconcerting.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#90 of 369 Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Still here, with the added panic of 'The longer I don't have the baby on my own, the more likely I'll be induced for pre-eclampsia' fun added to the mix. How much EPO can one take a day? The little jar says 1-3 capsules, but I don't think it was specifically speaking of getting ready for labour. I'm taking 3 at the moment, as well as 3 mugs of really strong raspberry leaf tea--but it feels sort of like a superstitious ritual at this point, because nothing happens! .

Are you taking the EPO orally or vaginally? My m/w said it was safe to put one or two vaginally up against your cervix to get things started and that taking them orally really isn't anywhere near as effective.

Ally

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page