Still Pregnant Roll Call! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaJulian View Post
Still here despite ctx all day long that literally make me stop dead in my tracks. So we are going on 24 hours of about 7 minutes apart...sigh. Two weekends ago we did 48 hours of 10 minutes apart. But they never get closer. I think my water may have leaked earlier and that her head has 'corked' it off (that happened with baby #2 for about 3 days)

Gee, maybe next weekend i can do 48 hours of 3 minutes apart. Uhhggg.

So much pressure...i swear that during a ctx i could sneeze her out. But there hasn't been any more bloody show, no more mucous plug stuff, and clearly if i were dilating any i would have a tad bit of bloody show. So, here we are, mother and daughter, separated from one another by a stupid little ol' cervix that won't budge...

I'll update tomorrow...that will be 40+2. So i guess we have a baby soon, or we have a baby not so soon. Either way we are closer to having a baby. But tonight it sure feels like it is as far away as it has ever been.

Boy do I feel you mama. Friday night I actually ended up calling dh home from work because I was sure this was it. I had had mild, irregular contractions all day, and by evening they were 5-7 minutes apart and very painful. After 12 hours of that, they went back to 15+ minutes apart and very mild. So Saturday I tried castor oil and by evening the picked up again, only to stop AGAIN last night.

I had a good amount of bloody show and lost tons and tons of mucous, so I know my cervix did something, but I wish she would just hurry up and come out!

I'm 41w2d and tired of this! :
#122 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning. So. Pregnant.

UGH.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#123 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 AM

Still preggo here....

41 wks 2 days and counting......

lost my mucous plug 2 weeks ago, had bloody show last week...

contractions daily, but still no baby....I might just go crazy!!!!

My daily mantra

"baby isnt' ready, no one has ever been preggo forever, baby isnt' ready no one has ever been preggo forever......"
#124 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 12:21 PM

due date today............... Come out, come out whoever you are!!!!!!!

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#125 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm right there with you ChildoftheMoon. My due date is today, too. My midwife is leaving tomorrow evening for China for 10 days, too. I'm really bummed out. I don't know why I thought the baby might actually come before she left since my DD went to 42 weeks. I was really encouraged last week when I had ctx every 6 minutes for 4 hours and lost my mucous plug...guess I still have 1.5 days...I
#126 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 05:24 PM

Still pregnant. 38 weeks now. I have started having cramping and BH that I actually feel. Now I am starting to get a little nervous. And I am SUPER tired.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#127 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 06:47 PM

still pregnant.

It's like being in the 2 week wait. I'm starting to climb the walls. But wow has it ever been nice to have my wife home for the weekend to play with Annie. I feel like I've caught up on sleep and now I'm just ready to get on with it. I feel weirdly gross today and was hoping it was the beginning of labour but I think I just feel weirdly gross today because NOTHING is happening (except I'm enjoying the sun on the couch and a good book.)

sigh. This is really going to happen right?
#128 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmilo View Post
Still preggo here....

41 wks 2 days and counting......

lost my mucous plug 2 weeks ago, had bloody show last week...

contractions daily, but still no baby....I might just go crazy!!!!

My daily mantra

"baby isnt' ready, no one has ever been preggo forever, baby isnt' ready no one has ever been preggo forever......"
I really feel you Sweetmilo and I'm only 40.5. After my mw appt last Thursday, I spotted for two days and really thought that I'd have a baby this weekend. The most disappointing thing is I have ZERO contractions. I'm crampy but it never goes anywhere.

When I woke up this morning still pregnant, it was all I could do not to . Chasing around my 22 month-old is exhausting in itself. My hat goes off to you pregnant mamas of multiples.

I really need to clean the house again. Keeping the house tidy for my HB has kept me busy, so I superstitiously didn't clean this weekend thinking maybe DD would come. It didn't work and my floors are funky so I'm off to tidy up.

Congratulations to all the new mamas and I'm sending early and ELVs to all the other moms.
#129 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 09:04 PM

happy due date to me too. i don't mind going overdue at all, but I really wish that we hadn't been expecting her for SO long! Really, everyone, including the midwives, thought she'd be here by 37 weeks. My first dd was born at 38+6, so this is the most pregnant I've ever been. I'm so done.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#130 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 PM

I'm here stillI feel guilty for complaining since I'm 39 wks 2 days, and some of you mamas are past due, but...I am HUGE and on my last legh well...
#131 of 369 Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 PM

I feel so awful complaining at 38 weeks with some of you past your EDDS. But I want her out tooooooooooo *whine* !!!!!!

And I swear I am so huge, I don't think I was ever this large before, even DH says so! This babe is going to be HUGE!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#132 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 03:07 AM

Still here - the 17th is my due date. No BH or contractions that I can tell, but I do have some cramping off and on. Still no idea what my cervix is up to, but hopefully it's doing something! I've been using EPO religiously, so maybe it's starting to work. I'm fully expecting to go 2 weeks over, so I'm not too anxious.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#133 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 AM

Still pregnant....
#134 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
water broke
#135 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 AM

Man, this DDC is getting depressing...you open it up, and the entire first page is ".... was born", ".... is here", etc. Makes me jealous!!!

Still pregnant, 8 days out from my due date...I have an appointment today (rescheduled from the failed appointment on Thursday), so I guess it's time to talk to the dr about what we're gonna do if I don't go into labor by my due date.

I had scheduled a c-section for April 2, a week past my due date, since I'm personally not comfortable with the risks of going overdue with a scarred uterus. The midwife who is my primary caregiver canceled it, though, because she was/is confident I'll have a successful VBAC.

I guess it's just frustrating for me because my daughter was born at 37 weeks, and while I knew that I didn't go into labor with her on my own, it just didn't really *click* that this baby might want to cook for the full 40 weeks.

Also, I know that women are capable of birthing 10+ lb babies naturally, but the thought of doing it scares the crap out of me. My DD was over 8 pounds at 37 weeks...this baby has already had an extra 2 weeks, and my understanding is that they gain an extra 1/2 pound a week for the last 6 weeks...putting this baby at 9 pounds right now, and getting bigger daily. It already *feels* bigger than my daughter ever did. Um...ouch? I'm trying to think of it like doing a PT test for the military...it sucks wind while you're doing it, but all you have to do is run a little harder, a little faster, and then you'll be done and the pain will be over. But it's still very...intimidating. I know absolutely I won't be getting the epidural this time, it was ineffective last time and probably contributed to my ultimately having a c-section, since that was the reason I wasn't allowed to get up and walk around.

Soon enough I will have my baby in my arms, one way or another. I suppose I should just relax, because there's no way I'm going to be pregnant a month from now!!
#136 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 AM

40 weeks today and still pregnant! I had some prolonged, painful cx yesterday, and some that were enough to wake me up in the night, so I think things are going to get moving eventually. Today would be nice but I'm not going to get my hopes up!

Fiona
#137 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 10:33 AM

Whew. That felt good.

I feel like crap. I'm still pregnant, but am reminding myself that I'm not even due yet...but since Friday, I've been feeling barfy/crampy/just plain awful, and I'm so sick of it. I am *not* getting out of my sweatpants today.

I'm being super strict about eating well in these last few weeks--tons and tons of protein and no sugar except for fruits...but darn it all, I just want a big plate of belgian waffles with maple syrup and like, a pound of butter. I'm not eating chicken for a year after this baby is born.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

#138 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Still here. Been barfy for three days. Now my prodromal contractions are wrapping around my back, too. But still no real action I'm so afraid that with all of this prodoromal stuff I'm going to have a 2 hour labor and
be left with my head spinning (watch it be like 30 hours! ).

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#139 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 11:11 AM

Still here! I was whining to dh yesterday how it feels like everyone in my ddc has had their baby but me with all the daily birth announcements. He said "cant you just be happy for them?" grrrrr of course I'm happy for them! He'll never understand lol

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#140 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 AM

my dreams last night were all about how "everybody" had predicted that today would be the day!

MonP'titBoudain--i'm right there with you! it's so crazy-making to have so many "false calls". i just feel so uncomfortable all the time. to be honest, i haven't had a single day this entire pregnancy when i *haven't* been nauseous, but it has gotten so much worse lately, plus all the ctx! every time i move i get a contraction and have had so many of those really deep, crampy ones, but nothing seems to be happening.

i'm not yet at 39 weeks, so it's not like i've gone "over" my edd, but somehow i was convinced she'd come super early . with ds he was already on the scene by now.

anyway, she'll come when she's ready, i just wish it were sooner rather than later!
#141 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-sorta-fairytale View Post
water broke
Congrats & ELV to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJamie View Post
Man, this DDC is getting depressing...you open it up, and the entire first page is ".... was born", ".... is here", etc. Makes me jealous!!!
Tell me about it!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#142 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Still pregnant. This morning I had another moment of disbelief that I would ever NOT be pregnant-hard to believe I will get a baby out of this! I thought I would just be waddling forever! I hate to complain, I am not due till the 28th, and I am torn with wanting to work a bit more this week and get him moving. Enough little ctx to keep me awake sometimes, actually sleeping really well the last few nights (with 'well' being a very relative term of course). DD has come down with a cough and low grade fever. I am wondering if it could be RSV, since she doesn't usually cough like this.
#143 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Still here too 40+1, really did not think I would still be here.

Wondering how big this babe is going to be, my two that were over ten pounds came a couple of days early........ they were my easiest at home births though!

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#144 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 12:33 PM

I'm also due the 28th. I kind of feel silly being so impatient... but it seems like this last stretch is the hardest part of the wait. It didn't help that Sunday morning at 2am I woke up and had quite a few contractions... we were starting to get hopeful, but they petered out.

My husband joked that maybe if I made myself nest then the baby would come. One of my friends teased me that the baby was waiting for me to finish the quilt I wanted to make for baby. I'm skeptical, though... I had a friend who was completely ready two weeks in advance, so I don't think if I nest or finish things it will make the baby come any sooner! (Although I might have less energy to be impatient...)

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#145 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 01:38 PM

39 weeks today. Nothing happening here.

I am cool with it, but I have an appointment on Thursday at which they are going to want to start discussing induction (because of the gestational diabetes).

While I am confident this babe is going to come out healthy and well on his own time, I'm worried about the pressure I'll get from my hcp's come Thursday.

So, I'm sort of hoping I suddenly, miraculously go into labor at some point despite having incredibly few symptoms thus far.

I AM happy this thread is here, though, because sometimes it does feel like everyone due in March has already had their babies, even though it is barely halfway through the month.
#146 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Gnatty, that's funny. I keep thinking that, too. What is he waiting for? Each little project I finish I think, maybe now, maybe that's what he was waiting for. And then, guess not, he's still comfortable in there.
#147 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 01:56 PM

Can I join too? I am almost at 39 weeks and really thought today would be the day. My mom predicts the 19th. Really, who knows? I have had so many BH and period -like cramps for the past few weeks. I thought he would have come by now!!! No missing plug - where is that plug? I have tried acupuncture, Evening Primrose Oil, homeopathic blue cohosh (still have the black to try yet!). I am so bored - all the projects are done (except for scrubbing the black mold off the windows - maybe I should get to that!). I'll just hang out here for awhile....
#148 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM
mtm

Saw the doc this morning, bp is up a bit but not worrisome, everything else looked good. 10 days left to due date!
#149 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 03:14 PM

39 weeks and 3 days here. This is the day of my pregnancy w/ DD2 that I had her. No sign of imminent labor today. Time to lace up my running shoes and run full speed around the block till I pass out. Like a PP said, I wake in the mornings these days in absolute shock/denial/dread that I'm pregnant still.
My standard phone greeting now is "still pregnant, no, don't feel like today's the day". Ugh.
#150 of 369 Old 03-17-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatty View Post
I'm also due the 28th. I kind of feel silly being so impatient... but it seems like this last stretch is the hardest part of the wait. It didn't help that Sunday morning at 2am I woke up and had quite a few contractions... we were starting to get hopeful, but they petered out.

My husband joked that maybe if I made myself nest then the baby would come. One of my friends teased me that the baby was waiting for me to finish the quilt I wanted to make for baby. I'm skeptical, though... I had a friend who was completely ready two weeks in advance, so I don't think if I nest or finish things it will make the baby come any sooner! (Although I might have less energy to be impatient...)
That's funny--I think I'm the opposite. I still have a stack of cloth diapers I'm working on, and almost thought he was sure to come, simply because I'm so far from getting them finished. Guess that's the pessimist in me? Maybe I should get to work, lol!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page