Still Pregnant Roll Call! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's it! I quit! Apparently my body wants to be pregnant forever!!!!!!!! Stop with the pretend labor already...I don't like being teased... I'm huge! Uncomfortable! Tired! Miserable!

Sorry...I had to get that off my chest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM

Still here. Really hoping today is the day, though no sure signs that it is. My second daughter says it is though

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#183 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 AM

well, i'm still with you mamas, too. last night i hardly slept due to the discomfort of baby moving and more ctx. i was feeling so "full", like there just isn't any more space in there and it was really a yucky feeling. on the positive side, i decided that maybe it's all part of the process, because if you're feeling sooooooooooo uncomfortable it makes you welcome labor!

my mw came by yesterday and said that the baby is super-low and that she feels good about her now, because i had a couple of weeks where the baby didn't seem to have grown much and now she seems to have fattened up a bit, so my midwife gives her the to come out any time now. mw also brought the nicer birthing tub by. she had dropped off an inflatable two weeks ago, but two of her other march babies already came and she had an aquadoula available. she doesn't do internals, so i don't know any specifics, but i have been having so many deep, crampy ctx that i can only hope it's having an effect on my cervix.

i hope we all welcome our new ones soon!
#184 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 AM

I've resigned myself to the fact that I am going to be pregnant forever. And even if I'm not, it could still be a long wait for me yet (39weeks today), so I'm starting work on a new mei tai. I'm just about finished with our cloth diapers, and I thought it would be nice to have a project going other than waiting for labor to start. Patience, patience....ugh.

I am, however, growing increasingly sad about being pregnant on Easter this year. This pregnancy managed to hit all the major holidays, and I could really use a nice feast without my stomach being smooshed. Oh, and the wonderful calorie-burning milk factories always make holidays much more enjoyable. Seems like this year all I'll get is to hear my IL's make remarks about, "when is that baby going to be born?" and maybe get down a tablespoon or two of food before I feel like barfing or end up on the toilet. (OK, seriously TMI, but I have been sick on the toilet for days w/diarrhea.)

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#185 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 12:00 PM

OK, so I just popped over the the April DDC to commiserate with some of the early-April mamas...

and THEIR ddc is already filling up with birth announcements and "i'm in labor" and "my water just broke" posts.

That's it. I'm going into hibernation. That was depressing.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#186 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 12:02 PM

Hi everyone. I'm still pregnant as well-my EDD was 3/17. I've had my membranes stripped, upped the intake of evening primrose and red raspberry leaf tea, and I will probably go get acupuncture if nothing happens by the end of the week.

I do still feel fine though, and baby Nora moved over to the left side last night! Maybe she's getting ready?

Good luck everyone!
Krista
#187 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 12:12 PM
mtm

good morning everyone! One week away from official due date and I'm hoping for an Easter baby, would make childcare much easier for the older two if she would cooperate and come this weekend rather than next. Somehow I doubt she'll cooperate though.
#188 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 PM

So my mom arrives in about an hour, flying in from across the country, so I can lay in bed recover from birth and nurse a baby. It would be nice if I had a baby to nurse.

I'm just tired and crabby and don't feel that this little girl is ever going to arrive. I have almost no signs of impending labor. With the other kids I had sooo many contractions it felt like "the day" for weeks, this time nothing.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#189 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 02:07 PM

Well I just had a prenatal massage (mainly to help with some adhesion pain I'm having from a past surgery) which I can't afford but I don't care anymore...$95 later and at least I feel relaxed and have some things I can do myself to try and break the adhesion up. I also made an appointment for 3/25 to get some labor inducing accupuncture and massage done since I am pretty sure the baby's not coming any time soon..she is still waaaaaaaaaay up in my ribcage. I think she thinks she needs to be born out of my mouth instead of vagina LOL

Ally
#190 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 08:01 PM

Had my 39 week appointment today. My blood pressure was up a bit, and my swelling has increased enough to make me remove my wedding ring, so they want me to watch that really carefully. My midwife guesses that baby is "very close" to 9 pounds. His head is also very low, right there. And I apparently had a contraction during the external exam of baby's position, and I had absolutely no clue, no physical sensation at all. Maybe I've been having BH contractions for a while without noticing?

I had a chiro appointment yesterday for pelvic pain, and have a follow up appointment tomorrow as well. My midwife advises that I go ahead and keep having follow-ups all the way until I deliver, to make labor easier.

But with the full moon coming on Friday, and baby being so low, and my due date a week from today, I'm really hoping I go into labor this weekend.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#191 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 PM

Still pregnant but feeling more positive today. I love my regular midwife She was able to strip my membranes, tried to get baby to flip from being posterior, was very encouraging and just really great to hang out with for a bit. Today baby is moving more than s/he has in weeks, I feel gross and my belly feels weirdish. I'm hoping it's early labour or pre labour or something that includes the word labour! If not, I'm more resigned than I was yesterday. I've got a good supply of homeopathics to work with now and I've upped the EPO. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that baby is really getting ready to come and feeling like I might not be pregnant forever. (but at the same time, I'm not convinced this is going to go anywhere. It feels like it's a good place to be.)
#192 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post
But with the full moon coming on Friday, and baby being so low, and my due date a week from today, I'm really hoping I go into labor this weekend.
Good luck!! Hearing about the full moon is encouraging!!

Still prego here. Was at peace with it yesterday, today....not so much.
#193 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 AM

I'm here still. My EDD is coming up on Friday, and with the full moon, perhaps then? DH is begging babe to hold off coming until tomorrow night at least b/c the waves are supposed to be, like, EPIC and he wants to surf sooo bad. He's got a waterproof case for his cell phone, so he says I will be able to reach him, and the beach is only ten minutes from our house, but really...
#194 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 02:49 AM

Still here, waiting [not so] patiently. Ugh.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#195 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM

Still pregnant.
#196 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
OK, so I just popped over the the April DDC to commiserate with some of the early-April mamas...

and THEIR ddc is already filling up with birth announcements and "i'm in labor" and "my water just broke" posts.

That's it. I'm going into hibernation. That was depressing.

lol and a lot of april moms complaining that they havent had their babies yet!!!

Still pg here as well!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#197 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 09:05 AM

Still pregnant... Leaking amniotic fluid and having some contractions... My DD was born on the Autumn Solstice, so maybe this DD wants to arrive on the Spring Solstice...
#198 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaby42 View Post
Still pregnant... Leaking amniotic fluid and having some contractions... My DD was born on the Autumn Solstice, so maybe this DD wants to arrive on the Spring Solstice...
Oh my! You were due on the 9th! How are you not going bonkers??!! Sending mega labor vibes to all the overdue mamas:.
Well, DH has gone to the beach to get his surf on, and plans to be there all day so long as I don't go into labor:. Normally I would be very excited for him, the waves get this good only once or twice a year, and he has been passionate about surfing all his life. BUT, my BOW are bulging, my 20 month old wants to be held constantly, and you mamas don't need me to trot out the list of body aches that come along w/ being nine months pregnant, lack of sleep, etc... Now I'm fretting...What if I go into labor, or my water breaks, and DH can't hear the phone ring/vibrate over the surf, or he loses his phone and does not realize it? I know the way I feel today (no signs of labor) that I'll likely be posting another "still preggo" on this thread 24 hours from now...I think I'll go to Target and indulge in uneccesary shopping as a distraction.
#199 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 AM

Definately a day to do some unnecessary shopping if he went surfing. I'd be annoyed on the surfing trip even if I do understand the desire to be out and about.

I had contractions on and off all night that weren't very exciting or very powerful. Totally random as well. I mostly was able to sleep through them. But of course I wanted them to get stronger and more exciting, sigh.

Now i'm up for the morning and they've pretty much disappeared. Jesse's staying home from work today though 'just in case' Here's hoping baby arrives between now and Tues when she would have to go back to work.
#200 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 11:26 AM

sigh, there is not even an appropriate smiley to portray how I feel............

It is looking like this little one did not want to be a Pisces after all, what am I in for with an Aries?!

reading.gif

love and light

#201 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 AM

Jes'sBeth: "I had contractions on and off all night that weren't very exciting or very powerful. Totally random as well. I mostly was able to sleep through them. But of course I wanted them to get stronger and more exciting, sigh.

Now i'm up for the morning and they've pretty much disappeared."

this was kind of me, though they were a little stronger than you describe and i had a *very* strong feeling that today would be the day. i have had some soft stool and the ctx haven't gone away completely, but they haven't kicked up a notch, either. i may try going on a walk, etc. and see if that helps. my MIL and FIL are coming today and staying through the weekend, so it would be extremely "convenient" for her to arrive today! also, it's the first day of spring and that's pretty nice. i'm still not at all sure that it won't be today, but last night i was really *positive* that today was the day and i haven't had that feeling before so it would be a little disappointing if i'm back to nada again. on the other hand, no water breaking, no mucous plug, no bloody show, so there's been none of the big indicators, either.
#202 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
mtm

hanging in there over here. Some mild contractions and feeling off today but nothing big.
#203 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 AM

I ate a ton of eggplant last night...it didn't work :/
#204 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Yeah, I ate a whole pineapple last night and baby stayed put.

reading.gif

love and light

#205 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Maybe I could try a pineapple & eggplant salad w/ castor oil dressing?:Puke
#206 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 12:09 PM

So today is my due date.........

I've been saying Friday not today, because I like that better, but today is good too

I'm having random contractions finally, nothing to get excited about but at least it's something. I'm trying to tell myself that this being our third my body doesn't need the weeks of practice like with the other two, but still. How funny that we complain about not having them.

At this point I'm actually not as physically miserable, as hormonal. I'm just feeling so angry and miserable.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#207 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM

I thought I had a contraction yesterday morning but I think it was just the chicken quesadilla I ate at 11pm the night before LOL
#208 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM

due today also....i would laugh so hard if my baby came today. first was 2 weeks early and 2nd was 2 weeks late. was up all night with contraxs but nothing that is cranking up. i have been having prodromal labor for 2 weeks and lost my plug a week ago. there is a strong full moon tonight!
#209 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 01:40 PM

You know, I was feeling pretty positive yesterday when I posted, despite the idea of hoping to go into labor within the week.

But I seriously went downhill from there. I became uber-aware of the swelling in my feet, and got grumpy about it. After a lot of foot soaks and DH rubbing my feet, they finally did look better for bedtime. But it's something I don't want to obsess about.

And I'm just feeling grumpy this morning. Like, I'm done. Don't wanna do it anymore. Don't want to plan meals, go grocery shopping, feed the kids, clean the house, none of it. I just want to do nothing until this baby is out. Seriously...where did this shift of attitude come from? I'd rather feel upbeat. Especially on the first day of spring! But I can't muster it out of myself, I'm just stuck on the "I'm DONE" grumpy mode. Sigh.

Maybe it will be soon, though - I have been noticing frequent BH contractions (if you can call them that when all you notice is the hardness of your belly, lol!), where I haven't noticed them at all for most of the pregnancy.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#210 of 369 Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Had my 39 week appt yesterday, I am 50-80% effaced, baby still bouncing up, I am a 'tight' 1cm. I asked my MW if walking would help, she said 'it's good exercise, what will really help is sex' I told her that we had to think of things that could actually happen at 39 weeks pregnant-sex is not one of them! She thought that was funny. Laugh at my pain just kidding. She guestimated babies weight at 7-14 HOLY C**P!! DD was 6.5 lbs. I could have a 9 pounder next week! She also said he's 'acting like a boy' he's not gonna get all excited about moving out (DH says that too-'he's my son, he found somewhere comfy, he's not gonna do much to screw that up'). DH took pity on me and DTD last night. Hopefully everything got where it needed to go, cause I don't think I'll be able to talk him in to another one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page