Still Pregnant Roll Call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am loving reading all the birth announcements-they all make me cry this week!!

I am wondering how many of us in march 08 ddc are still pregnant??

Any early signs of labor??
#2 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 PM

I'm still here No real signs of anything. My mucous plug has been coming out in clumps for about 3 weeks now but absolutely no hint of pink! I've been having lot's and lot's and lot's of practice contractions that won't settle into a pattern. But, nothing that really indicates progress forward!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#3 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Still preggo! No signs of labor! I'm OK though. Not too miserable. Daily more and more excited to meet this wee one and less and less apprehensive about birthing... so it's all good!

How 'bout the rest of you?
#4 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Still pregnant.

I will be 39w Thursday.

Lots of irregular contractions, nothing much else going on!
#5 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 PM

I'm still here with ya!! No real signs of an impending baby other than some minor cramping and the odd contraction here or there. I'm starting to feel like a watched kettle though and it's driving me crazy. I wish mine and DH's family would stop calling (and posting baby countdowns on their facebook pages) I mean there are still 11 days until my EDD and even then 1st baby's are likely to go overdue so like give me a break. I swear if I have to hear "how ya feelin??" one more time I'm gonna punch someone. I just want to enjoy this last bit of my pregnancy in peace.
#6 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 PM

I've still got over two weeks to my due date, and zero signs of labor.
#7 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm 38w1d and nothing much going on here, either. Just some cramping now and again and some irregular contractions here and there.
#8 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:30 PM

EDD 3/31/08. Still pregnant and no signs here. I've felt some odd twinges occassionally, but that's about it. I am having some crazy swelling and the baby has been very active the last 3 days....rolling back and forth, swinging the feet around, etc. I would prefer to go on my DD, so I am not upset that nothing is happening yet.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#9 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
DBZ

it's kind of frustrating isn't it? I lost my mucous plug about 2 weeks ago and had a night of practice labor, but the baby is still nice and happy in the womb. I'm 40 weeks and 4 days. Some moments I am content with still being pregnant and others I am so ready to pull this kid out with my bare hands LOL.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#10 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 PM
mtm

still pg here and some cramping but nothing else going on. Just about 38 weeks though so it may be a while.
#11 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM

39 weeks for me and no sign of anything either. It makes me really nervous because this is exactly what happened with DD (went to 42 weeks with no action at all).

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#12 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 06:08 PM

Still pregnant. I was 38 weeks on Monday.

No mucous plug, but I've been having a lot of bh cx. I'm not getting too excited about them since this is typical for me. The funny thing though is that they always seem to pick up at the same time of day - between dinner and bedtime I will be getting several an hour. This has been happening every night for the last week.

Waiting is getting hard...
#13 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 PM

Today is my EDD, no signs of at all! DBZ, I really feel ya!
#14 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Oh, I'm still here, too. My EDD isn't even until the end of the month, but it's tough around here with all these babies popping out already! No real signs of impending labor. *sigh* 38 weeks tomorrow. Sooo uncomfortable and grouchy. DH just informed me that he has a meeting tonight (not his fault or planning, btw), which means I'm on dinner/clean-up/bedtime duty all alone tonight, and I'm already exhausted. I about bit his head off I was so mad.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#15 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 07:47 PM

I'm still here, too. I'm 39w2d. Sunday morning I lost my mucous plug, and Sunday night, I started having contractions every 5-6 minutes for about 4 hours. They were very early-laborish though. I tried to go to sleep, and I guess it worked because I woke up Monday morning still pregnant. Not much happening since then. My midwife is leaving for China on Monday, so I'm hoping to have the baby before then.
#16 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 07:50 PM

I'm still pregnant, but am only 37 weeks so not sure if I am officialy allowed to complain yet! Signs, yes...contrax. - LOTS, and my water is DEFINATELY leaking. Lots of back pain and just feeling blah. I'm sure things are happening, which is wild as my others - eh, NOTHING, EVER! So, I'm quite amazed, and happy!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#17 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
40w4d and still pregnant. I thought I had bloody show Saturday but now I think it was just from the cervical check and sweep I had Thursday. Sigh.

I'm going to be pregnant forever!

I feel bad whining when I'm not even a week over due yet. Sigh.

Thursday I have a NST and I'm hoping I'll be dilated a little more so she can sweep me good.
#18 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 08:58 PM

I'm 38 weeks today and still here as well. Friday feels right, but we'll see...throughout the pregnancy I was actually thinking I'd give birth closer to the full moon (Easter weekend). Again, we'll see. I've been having a ton of irregular BH contractions, cramping and back pain. No mucus plug yet, but then I didn't lose it until I actually went into labor with my first. She was born at 38 weeks/3days, wonder if this one will too.

It's crackin' me up how quickly folks answer the phone these days! They're all hoping for that baby news. I wish they'd all just relax. As far as I'm concerned, I've got at least two more weeks. I don't need the pressure.

UG, sleeping has become almost impossible! I can't roll over without grunting and groaning. I can't wait for that part to be over, otherwise, I do love being pregnant and know I will miss this belly full of life soon.
#19 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 PM

Still pregnant here too. I'm 39 wks tomorrow. I'm impatient even though I'm still not at my due date. I'm SOOO ready to be done with pregnancy!

I've had a few pathetic contractions but really irregular and sporadic. My back aches today and my pelvis is clearly stretching in weird ways. My hips hurt, sleeping is hard and my feet are swollen. My hands are constantly tingly (pregnancy induced carpal tunnel is ever so charming... I keep dropping my car keys in the snow!)

Maybe tomorrow...
#20 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 09:22 PM

I'm still here, 38 weeks tomorrow. I'm ready to be done, but baby obviously isn't. My other kids all came right around their due date, so I'm pretty sure I'll be around for a couple more weeks. I'm thinking maybe 3/23. Since it's ds's birthday, and Easter Sunday, and it's going to just be fun to add one more thing to the day, lol. Now someone mentioned it's a full moon that weekend, too? Ooohhhh.....
#21 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 09:22 PM

My EDD is Sunday/Monday (depending on who's counting!). I lost a big chunk of mucus plug yesterday and the rest seems to have been coming out all day today. Lots of cramping/BH and I generally feel like SOMETHING is happening...though who really knows. I really want to wait until my mom gets here--should be tomorrow, so after she arrives I'm going to get serious about trying to get things moving.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#22 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM

39+5...due on Thursday...allegedly. This is baby #4, so i guess i took it to heart when everyone said that i would go "early"

But my mw's pointed out that my baby doesn't know she is the fourth! She needs just as much time to grow to be healthy as my last three (first two at 42 weeks on the dot, one induced at 39 weeks--and she had some catching up to do in my opinion. Should have waited for her to be done cooking!)

And the other thing (and this is only a personal philosophy...so i am sorry if this rubs on anyones religious sensitivities the wrong way) is that we really believe that the baby's soul comes from somewhere...it might be in limbo, just waiting, it might be in training somewhere learning how to teach my dh and i all the lessons we need to learn...or it could still be in the body of someone who is already loved by a family. It would be selfish of me to wish loss and mourning on another family just to relieve my backache and swollen ankles...no matter how much i want to hold my new little one and sniff her soft head.

That being said, doesn't mean that i am zen-like or peaceful every moment i have to wait. I had a good cry-fest the other night...just sobbed on my dh...convinced that it will never happen, that if it does, she will be too big to birth, that my body will be too shot and fatigued to go through labor...that i am already too sore, too tired, too swollen, too immobilized by pregnancy to actually DO labor successfully. He just let me bawl and rubbed my back (i think he was looking for the "off" switch)...but it relieved tension and i got a good nights sleep.

So, 2 days away from my 'due date" and still here! I'll have ctx for 4 or 5 hours sometimes, mostly about 2-3 minutes apart...and then they peter out and stop. So i am quite convinced that my body has ambition, but no follow-through. We'll see...my mw's assure me that no one has ever been pregnant forever!

Justine--Wife to Sir Hubby, HBAC Momma to 5 kiddos including Lazlo born 1/6/10 gently at home!
#23 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM

I'm 37 and 1/2 weeks and having a scheduled c-section next Thursday, the 20th (Spring Equinox)! Despite every possible attempt to turn Ruby Jo, we were not successful and come to find out that my amniotic fluid is low (6). I've accepted that I'm not going to labor this footling breech, but there is still a twinge of hope that she'll turn; especially after hearing everyone's beautiful birth stories. The focus now is that we'll have a baby in less than 9 days! I'm SO excited and can't wait to see her angelic face! I've had no contractions by the way, but my upper, right back has been killin' me! Other than that......I think I'd go past 40 weeks if I were to labor naturally.
#24 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 PM

38 weeks here, still pregnant. Very tired of it.

My doc said they'd strip my membranes on Thursday if I wanted them to. I am debating it. In the meantime, I've been having chats with the kiddo and explaining that there's a lot more room to stretch outside of mommy's tummy, etc. Also been visualizing laboring, etc to maybe speed things along.

Could be a coincidence, but at one appointment, the baby was still very high up, no where near engaged, and I spent a week telling him/her to move down/engage/whatnot, and the very next appointment, baby was engaged at 0 station, and I was dilating and effacing. So we'll see.

I am starting to feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.
#25 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 PM

Still here, no signs of labor save severe insomnia, restless legs and lower back pain. I am also really tired. I am looking forward to laboring at this point.
#26 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 10:35 PM

I'm 38w1d and still pregnant. I am 1.5 cm dialated, cervix is softening, and baby is floating. I'm hoping for this weekend, but I have a feeling baby wants to come late.

Emily, mama to DD 03/04, DS 01/06, DS 03/08, and DD due 11/20/11cd.gifbfinfant.gif

#27 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
39 weeks tomorrrow! No signs of labour--at least, none that I can fool myself into thinking are anything but imaginary. I alternate between wanting this baby OUT and cherishing my last 'time alone with DH' days, the peace and quiet etc... but the former seems to be winning out!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#28 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 PM

Still here-39 w today!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#29 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 PM

Still here, no progress, except baby is -1 station, so thats good! im due 7 days from today.

Artie, mom to Riley 3/22/08 and a surprise due Oct 2011!
#30 of 369 Old 03-11-2008, 11:42 PM

I'm still pregnant! 40w 2d. Crampy, cranky, miserable. Swollen feet and ankles. Lost a bit of plug today and I have had more contractions today. Can't sleep, no comfortable positions in the world! She has dropped to the point it feels like she is hanging between my knees!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page