Sorta like a UTI but not.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-12-2008, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the second time this has happened...it only lasts a few hours so I forgot to ask my m/w about it last time it happened a few months ago. Anyway, I woke up at about 5am to pee and I got that feeling you get (or at least I get!) right before I get a UTI and start peeing blood...feels like I have to constantly pee even though nothing is in there and a kind of burning feeling. I ended up just sitting on the toilet for about 45 minutes because every time I stood up to go back to bed, it felt too much like I had to pee (even though I didn't). Does this make sense to anyone?? Anyway, the feeling finally went away enough so I could go back to bed and it's 3 hours later now and I feel ok (although still not quite right down there) but I know from past UTIs by now I'd be in major pain and peeing blood like crazy. I also feel like I have to do #2 even though I don't. So is this just the baby having moved or something?? Has anyone felt something similar?
I am really tempted to take my maternity leave early because of all this...I'd be much happier if I could just hang out near the bathroom at home but I hear so many stories of women who take their leave and then their babies are 2 weeks late and I don't want to waste all that leave time just sitting around to be near a bathroom LOL

Ally
#2 of 3 Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 PM

Ally that sucks. I also have had quite a few UTIs and have wondered if I possibly do now. I get the same kind of feeling (frequent pee, but could be normal) and an occasional twinge of pain. It's just really hard to discern what is normal since a baby is pressing so hard on our bladders, etc.
To be safe just get your urine tested at your next appointment. Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 03-13-2008, 03:20 PM

It does suck and I do think it's just from the pressure on your bladder. I get the same thing but only allow myself to sit back down once then I tell myself "you don't have to go anymore". It seems to help. Once I walk out of the bathroom, the sensation is not as strong.

Ask if you're feeling unsure though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page