So How are the March 08 babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought we could have a mama/baby thread.

We are doing well over here. Naomi is 10 days old already! She looks so much like her brother did at birth. I am feeling ready to be getting out and about but we are all still sick. Oldest DD got sick the morning after the birth and it spread from there. Ugh! At least its just coughs, sneezes, and sore throats. I don't think I could handle a puking illness right now. Marah is really enjoying the milk that the baby brought her. I have had to limit her nursing because she will just suck it all down.

How is everyone else? Hows mama? How is baby? How are the siblings?

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#2 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 04:41 AM

We're doing great here too!

Bodhi is 16 days old now and we had a great day out yesterday - we all went to Ikea (me, dh, dd, dsd and baby Bodhi) and ds slept happily the entire time in his new baby carrier It was awesome!

My 2 yr old dd is doing quite well with her new little brother and my 12 yr old dsd adores her new little brother too.

I'm doing ok, a little hormonal at times, but good overall - I'm just totally in love with my new son!

Thanks for checking in with us Allison!
#3 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 10:07 AM

We're doing well. We dealt with major illness and high fever w/ DS1, and I was petrified that he was going to give to Zak, but he seems to be over it. Tandem nursing is going fine, and I also have over 100 oz of pumped milk in the freezer. Zak hasn't even had a bottle yet though, lol.

He's going through a growth spurt right now and I'm feeling the exhaustion this morning! He's sooo precious though. I think I'll keep him.
#4 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 AM

It seems as though there may actually be an end in sight to this recovery as I'm actually beginning to show signs of improvement finally. Hamilton is now five days old and doing awesome. My body is really beginning to feel better now with the exception of my pelvis which feels like it's broken - there's even a click when I walk. Even my belly is down significantly; still soft and a little poochy but looking good. My boobs, although impressive, must be admired from afar and seems to have opened the door for a lot of boob comments from DP.
#5 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 11:24 AM

Oh my - the boobs!!!! I had forgotten how they change when the milk forst comes in!!!! When i last nursed, I nursed a 3 year old . .. . very, VERY different!!! They amaze even me - and my favorite nursing bras from G don't come anywhere near fitting this time! Oh well. Thank goodness for the internet - Motherwear has a fabulous soft cotton sup bra for just under $20, and it fits very well . . . I just ordered 3 more. I seem to go through a few each day . . .leaking so much milk . . ..still terribly engorged!

Overall we are doing really well. I am amazed by how good I feel, despite the c/s. My spinal headache is nearly gone now. I do feel as though I am getting a bit of a cold, and trying so hard not to cough! Hopefully this passes quickly. Zelda is a terrific nurser, and is sleeping overall very well. Today she seems to want to be awake for a short time around each feeding, which is so nice! I look forward to actually having more time with her that is not spent feeding and diaper-changing!
#6 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM

things are great! Morrison is such a happy baby! & a great nurser. I forgot how much I enjoy nursing (dd stopped about six months ago)!
Dd has a cold, and Dh is coming down with the same. Me & the baby have been safe so far. I've been totally neurotic & paranoid about baby getting sick! I even skipped out on my grandma's 80th birthday party. The thought of all my Aunties ewww'ing & goo'ing over the baby made me stay put!
#7 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 04:34 PM

Doing good, heavily wetting diapers now with the engorgement! He poops just about every time he pees for several hours out of the day, so he has a red bum Diapers are not stained(only a few) so that is good. The kids shower him with kisses all day!

I am feeling less engorged, but now my nipples are peeling and my breasts are bruised. My incision is fine, though I didn't take enough stool softener the first 2 days home and now it hurts to poop And I saw they have red food coloring!!!!! Oy vay. Did i mention I am still on vicadin?
Sometimes it has just seemed easier to clean stuff myself rather than explaining how to have someone else do it. I have some help with IL's staying, but that has been rough in it's own way:eyseroll Plus, the movement is good.
Glad to read eveyone else is doing well. It's so fun to see all these new babies being born

Oh, I nicknamed my baby "burrito" I have no idea why He just looks so yummy all swaddled up I guess.

my belly is still hanging but I cant wear a wrap until 2 weeks postpartum.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#8 of 20 Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM

I'm just eating Mary up! She is three weeks today - can't believe it! The past two days have been beautiful here so we've enjoyed sometime outdoors with the family. Yesterday we had a picnic and played at the park. It was so nice getting to spend some time in the warm outdoors. I needed to just breathe in some fresh air and so did the little ones. I've been keeping us pretty much indoors in fear of getting sick. As I posted before - I'm a germophobe! DD1 is just in love with her little sis and I am so grateful for that. Sometimes I get emotional about how my relationship with dd1 has changed, but it's getting better every day. I'm learning to divide my time more evenly. I too forgot how much I love nursing too. Dd1 just weaned last August but it is so different from nursing a toddler.

Thanks for starting up the baby thread.
Happy babymooning to everyone!
#9 of 20 Old 03-14-2008, 03:49 PM

Ember Lotus is SIX WEEKS OLD!!! Can you believe it?

She's alive, well, we both are ... but it's not that great around here. :-(
So many nursing problems... I guess that's really my only complaint, but it really does consume every waking and sleeping moment, so it seems like EVERYTHING is wrong.

It sure feels weird to have such an "old" baby, even though she's still only 5.5 lbs. :-( and acts like a brand new baby.

I sure wish I was just NOW birthing her instead of a month and a half ago!

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#10 of 20 Old 03-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Lauren and I came home from the hospital last Sunday; we've been home for almost a week! She's such a sweet calm baby, and a champion nurser. Her Gran (my mom) is loving taking care of us. I'm still feeling pretty weak from the blood loss and all the drugs I was on (magnesium sulfate and pitocin for 5 days . But we're enjoying our baby-moon and getting ready to figure out our new routine together.

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#11 of 20 Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 PM

*Jealous*

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#12 of 20 Old 03-14-2008, 10:57 PM

Baby Kaiden is doing amazing! He will be one week old tomorrow, and is nursing like a maniac and sleeping like a frat boy on Sunday

He looks so much like his big sister did when she was a baby, we can't even believe it! He's so sweet and makes the best little noises, and the New Baby Smell!!!!

I, however have had some trouble with blood clots, and my uterus not shrinking down. They gave me an ultrasound to see if there were any pieces of placenta left, and fortunately, there weren't. There were some large blood clots that were stuck in there, so they gave me Cytotec at 10am this morning, and there have been no cramps or bleeding yet. I'm rather worried.
#13 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 01:55 AM

The twins are great. Nursing like champs and sleeping well (but still have their days and nights flipped). Their sibs are over the moon in love with them. I can tell them apart but no one else can yet. They are both asleep on my chest right now

CS recovery sucks big time. I was out of the hospital 18 hours after the last one was born and at a wedding the next day. This time I am still taking pain meds and wondering when I'll be able to function normally and without pain. I have had a lowgrade fever since their birth ant the dr. doesn't know why. I think perhaps a UTi as I've started feeling unconfortable. Other than that - all is peachy!!!
#14 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Baby Cale is doing awesome. Eating on demand...and sleeping like a champ.
#15 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Hamilton is a week old today. His stump fell off late last night so he got to have his first water-only bath today with daddy. I think my only complaints at this point are that my stomach muscles are really sore, like I've done too many sit-ups, and my pelvis is still very creaky and achy, although it is getting better.
#16 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 02:35 PM

well I stopped taking anything but motrin.I still even hate taking that!

But my swelling is partially down. I can't seem to keep warm enough either!!!!It is sooo weird. I was wrapped last night with baby to sleep in: a quilt, a wool poncho, and socks. It was like 70 degrees in my house. That is super weird for me!I kind of thought I must be dying I was STILL cold and shivering after all that.

my incision smells fishy if I don't keep it washed regularly. I think there must be a stitch that leaks fluid. Oh well. And my bleeding is ok as long as I don't do too much.

My little guy is still a bit yellowish, so I am hoping he is ok at his appt Monday. I try to get him out in the sun. They did let him go home, so I am comforted by that fact. He also seems to be a fast learner, learnign how to hold his head up a bit, grasp things with his hands(like hair!!!: )and opens his eyes a lot more. He even stood up once.

#17 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Kaia is doing so well! She's 9 days old and is already back up past her birth weight! With all the nursing problems I had with my first, I just never thought it would be going so well now! We're still working hard to build my supply, but she has a great latch.

Marcy, mama to Asher (8 yrs) and Kaia (6 yrs)
#18 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Natalia is now 8 days old and doing great. Her very slight jaundice seems to be gone, I think she must be close to her birth weight, she was 9 lbs 1 oz on Thursday and gaining 2 oz a day (birth weight was 9 lbs 4 oz). Nurses a lot, but that's OK. Waking at night every 2 hours, but that's OK too as I figure she'll extend her night sleeping soon enough.

Has a fuss before she spits up, so keeping my eye on that. As both DD1 and DD2 had reflux that required intervention (medication in one case and solid food introduction in the other).

I had a hormone dump on day 5, feeling overwhelmed at mothering 3 kids, but the last couple days have been good.
#19 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Lorenzo came home from NICU yesterday, and Araminta joined him today (12 and 13 days in, respectively). We are still working on the feeding/growing issues, but everybody is doing great. While the first week after the C-section was pretty awful, I'm feeling mostly recovered. Now I'm just waiting for the last of the crotch/hip pain to subside, and expecting my nipples to just fall off at any moment. Ow!

Mama to twins Wren and Robin, 3/3/08.
#20 of 20 Old 03-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj7 View Post
I had a hormone dump on day 5, feeling overwhelmed at mothering 3 kids, but the last couple days have been good.
I seem to have a "fussy" time myself every night! I get all worked up, then have to calm down... But MIL left just now, and I am feeling a bit better- so maybe it will get easier?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page