Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beautiful story. Congratulations!
#32 of 45 Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.
#33 of 45 Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
DDC crasher here too.

Congratulations! And thank you so much for sharing your fantastic story! And, I love the name "Vincie".

What was your first birth like?
thanks for all the congrats.

not surprisingly, my birth with ds was also a surprise unassisted birth. we were planning a birthcenter birth. the difference with him is that i was not having actual contractions, that i could feel anyway. it was the middle of the night and i was having cramps and could not get comfortable. i called the mw who told me to get some rest, take a shower, etc and get ready for the long haul. that was at 1:30am.

i did what she told me, got up at about 5 and found myself on the toilet having contractions - pushing contractions - but what did i know? I woke dh up and had him look to see what was happening and he saw head.

i have never seen him move so quickly! he delivered the baby while the mw was on the phone. thank goodness for the bradley classes otherwise i think he would have been on the floor! ds was born at 5:30.

thankfully ds was healthy. but he was 9-2 and i was torn badly, in shock, and hemorraging so we had to call 911 and have a hospital transfer.

this time the baby was smaller and i knew not to really push just let my body take care of things. since we were planning a home birth anyway, we hadall the supplies here. it has been lovely to stay home and just babymoon.

i am a little annoyed at my mw (different one this time). she obviously knew my history and should have been on her way when i told her i felt like i did before ds was born. i guess we were both thrown off because the baby came so much earlier. i wonder if i get a discount for delivering my own??

honestly i had a feeling this might happen, especially with dh working so far away. i had a couple of people in mind to call to help in such a situation but it went so fast i didn't even have a chance. and in the end of it all i think most people would have come in with such energy and panic that it would have changed things dramatically. ds and i handled it just fine!!

you wouldn't believe the calls and comments i have been getting from people. of course, these are the same folks who don't believe home birth is safe. i just calmly tell them the birth was meant to be this way and that is was a beautiful thing.

dh's comment is that we scoff at modern medicine! he also said that if i wanted to be truely natural i would have gone outside to have the baby! lol
#34 of 45 Old 03-15-2008, 09:26 PM

Not in your DDC, but what a beautiful story!!!!
Now THAT is birth unhindered!!!!
#35 of 45 Old 03-15-2008, 09:28 PM

congrats!What a cutie

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#36 of 45 Old 03-15-2008, 09:44 PM

I know in a sense we all are, but it's worth saying anyway: Sounds like you are MADE to birth, lady!

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#37 of 45 Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 AM

AMAZING!!! What a story for all progeny.

Welcome to Vincenza Theresa - what a linting and lyrical name! I could just say it all day long.

Congratulations!
#38 of 45 Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 PM

Not in your DDC, but I just wanted to say that your story and your kids are beautiful. Moved me to tears Congratulations!

Used to be stay at home parent to our two lovely girls, survived nursing school with family intact, about to graduate and looking for a job! I low-supply nursed my bio daughter for 3 years. 

#39 of 45 Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM
DBZ

Congrats mama! Gotta love those surprise UCs! I wonder how many moms clean the bathroom in labor? Your baby is beautiful!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#40 of 45 Old 03-17-2008, 12:30 AM

realy nice pics they're both so cute

i cant believe u had her that way!! i woulda been havin a heartattack!! ur strong!!!!!! congrats & im so glad it went well & safe!!
#41 of 45 Old 03-17-2008, 03:32 PM

Another DDC crasher. What a cool story. My dd was born similarly fast but I delivered her in a public restroom and my dh was there to catch her. There was a police officer there too but he was pretty freaked out when I went down on all-fours . What an amazing affirmation of the beauty of birth. Hope you are still doing well.
#42 of 45 Old 03-17-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleyp View Post
Another DDC crasher. What a cool story. My dd was born similarly fast but I delivered her in a public restroom and my dh was there to catch her. There was a police officer there too but he was pretty freaked out when I went down on all-fours . What an amazing affirmation of the beauty of birth. Hope you are still doing well.
sorry to go OT, but where is *your* birth story? I'd love to read it

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#43 of 45 Old 03-18-2008, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleyp View Post
now that's got to be a story!!!!!!!!! dh says we are done having kids because he wants to avoid such a situation. are you going to keep very close to home this june?? i have to say it was a little stressful this time at the end of pg not knowing how, when or where the birth would take place.

you are a rock star mama! hope things go well for you this time.

and thanks, we are doing great.
#44 of 45 Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Totally did not mean to hijack this thread. But here is the link to my birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=290184
#45 of 45 Old 03-24-2008, 10:33 AM

Congrats Mama! Vincie's gorgeous! Welcome little girl !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page