Cale Grayson is here.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow finally I am able to type and nurse at the same time in realitive calmness...with 4 kids now at home its sorta nuts around here.
Here is the birth story:
I went into the hospital at 10:00 on Monday (march 10th) for a NST test. While there Cale was very quiet with a few decells. They decided to keep us and take the cerclage out. Since my doc was gone we got the on call. After 20 minutes of digging around and a LOT of pain later the stitch was out and I was a FINGERTIP!!!!. About 5 hours went by and I was having some major contractions and he was still have decells with each long one. They were super close together and lasting at least 1 minute. The nurse decided to finally check and see what was going on...guess what she felt THE STITCH!!!!...during this time the on call doctor decided to go home and make me go through labor all night. I was HOT about it and called the hospital admin and the patient care advisor...they could do nothing since he was not my orginal doctor just a on call. So he called back and said that he would be back at 7:00 and I had to get a epidural to try to get it out. His reasoning on this was that I was tensing up when he took it out and that is why he missed it. So 7 comes and goes and nobody comes in. We keep getting decells the entire time. A new doctor comes in and introduces himself and says I don't do decells and you are going to probaly need a section. He did the epidural and it still had to dig for like 45 minutes to get it out. It was still a lot of pressure from the removal and when it finally got out I was a 5. My water broke on the poor guy but hey that is life right? I told him that I went really fast but as we all know moms are stupid so he left..with in the next hour I told the nurse to check me..she wouldn't and about 3 or 4 minutes later I called them and told them he was crowning. So the nurse comes in and tells me to close my legs and not push till the doc gets there...I told her to get her stuff on she would have to catch him. The doc literally got there in time to catch him. I ripped horriblely and had to get stitched up from A to Z...but he was 7lbs and 13 ozs and 3 weeks early...AMAZING! WE got to do the delay cord cutting and nursed right away. I am really pleased with the fact that things worked out better than what we thought...DP got to do the cord and got to wash him and get to play a large part in his first couple of hours. We had no issues with rooming in and all in all it was a really pleasent stay..We are home adjusting to life and its BEEN GREAT.
If someone can tell me how to post a pic I will...
#2 of 15 Old 03-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Congrats!

And to that nurse!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 15 Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 PM

Congrats to you and the LO!!! When you have had time to settle in I would definitely contact hospital administration and lodge complaints about some of those "medical professionals". I have started having B-H that I can feel and some crampy twinges. Hope this is just "getting ready" stuff and not "impending birth" stuff.

Glad to hear it all ended up alright!

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#4 of 15 Old 03-14-2008, 08:59 PM

oh wow! I'm glad he's here finally mama, and that you can rest easy that he's safe and healthy. WTG on growing a healthy baby!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#5 of 15 Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 PM

I can help you get it posted when I get online tonight

He is so dang cute, and a chunk too.....Im so glad you finally had him!
#6 of 15 Old 03-14-2008, 10:20 PM

Congratulations!!

Stefanie- Wife to the love of my life Scott. Mom to Skyler (7), Scott Jr (6) and Sienna: (2).
#7 of 15 Old 03-15-2008, 12:55 PM

Congrats! And thanks for the update We were wondering/hoping that you had delivered. I'm sorry that once again you ran into some seriously stupid stuff at the hospital. At least things turned out well

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#8 of 15 Old 03-16-2008, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations!
#9 of 15 Old 03-16-2008, 11:39 AM

Congratulations! Welcome Cale!

Glad it did work out okay in the end - sorry for the lousy doc.
#10 of 15 Old 03-17-2008, 03:27 AM

wow, sorry you had to deal with such stupidity and arrogance. BUT congrats on your healthy boy! welcome cale!
#11 of 15 Old 03-17-2008, 01:35 PM

I'm glad everything worked out. Welcome Baby Cale!
#12 of 15 Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM

congrats mama!
#13 of 15 Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 PM

Welcome baby Cale! Our babies share a birthday! I'm sorry you had to deal with stupid dr's and nurses.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#14 of 15 Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 AM

Welcome little Cale! Congrats Mama!
#15 of 15 Old 03-24-2008, 10:25 PM

Congratulations, Mama!

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page