Amber Nicole is here :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She arrived on 03/12/08, at 10:40 pm.

Tuesday evening I started with on and off contractions and just a lot of pain so we went to the hospital. On the monitor they only picked up just a few contractions but they said I looked very uncomfortable. I was only 3cm. so they told me to go back home. I was getting so fustrated bc I've been told go back home like 3 times. Anyway, we got back home almost 2 in the morning and by that time I was getting more contractions. I ate something and tried to fall asleep. Throughout the night I kept getting them. Well, Wednesday morning I woke up around 11 and the contractions seemed like they were letting up, which I thought was kind of weird, but at the point I just said oh well, it's going to happen no matter what so I'm not even going to take notice of anything anymore. I went to use the bathroom and found blood and the mucous plug. Sometime in the afternoon I was feeling contractions again and bad cramps. TMI but I kept having loose bowel movements too which I knew was a sign of labor. My contractions weren't steady, not until 5 in the evening. That's when they were coming every 5 minutes and lasting a minute long. Some of them lasted a little shorter but I knew to go the hospital just from the pain I was feeling. My mom was timing them and she said "let's get ready. I think this is it." I was SOOO uncomfortable. A LOT worse than what I had with Noella. They were getting closer together and stronger. Before they were steady I was getting them every 5 minutes, then every 3 minutes, and I thought ok let's go, but then they'd stop and be every 7 minutes, and I knew it wouldn't be enough for them to keep me. Anyway, James came home from work, we got ready, brought Noella to my Aunt's house, my brother took us and his gf Jazmine was with us bc I had asked her if she wanted to be in the delivery room and she said yes. So it was my mom, James and Jazmine who was going to be with me. Trying to make a long story short, the whole way there in the car they were getting stronger and too close, like every 2 minutes apart. I couldn't take it anymore, I started crying. When we got to the hospital I just broke down crying and they got me a wheelchair. It hurt so much. I had to get in the gown and give them some urine and God I couldn't even pee! For some reason it wouldn't come out and just sitting on the toilet was making the pain worse. I was contracting every minute now. I got in the bed and just cried and cried. They came in and asked if I wanted an epi and even though I planned on saying no I just couldn't take it. I got it and while they did it it got messed up and they had to do it all over again. It's so hard having a strong contraction and you can't move bc you're getting an epi. It was soo difficult. I was sitting there and the nurse was holding me and James looked down and saw between my legs that I was bleeding a lot. I thought I was but wasn't sure and couldn't check. I kept feeling the baby's head and a lot of pressure like I had to push, as if her head was about to stick out. Everytime I had a contraction I felt her head and I just wanted to push her out right on the floor, no lie. Finally the epi worked and I relaxed. My mom and Jazmine were in the room now, we were taking pictures and playing around. I'd feel a lot of pressure when I'd get a contraction and my back was KILLING me, especially on the left side bc that's where she was. I got the epi around 7 I think, I don't really remember, and I didn't have to push until 10 something. I actually dilated from a 3 to a 6 overnight, to a 6 to a 9.5 in like an hour. I just remember a bunch of stuff coming out of me and I thought my water broke but it wasn't that. I think it was more mucous and just all that stuff. They had to break my water like they did with Noella. I felt all drugged up and my head felt weird from the epi. Anyway, I remember saying ok I gotta push I feel a lot of pressure, so the nurses came in and I really pushed for 15 minutes and she was out. Even the placenta came out without a problem. When I had Noella I pushed for an hour, placenta wouldn't come out, they had to cut me to get it out, they needed to use forceps and vaccuum to get Noella out, and I got an episitiomy. This time I needed no help at all, I only tore in 2 small places, and had just a little bit of stitches, and I'm already healing. The bleeding is slowing down a lot, I have no pain when I pee and I'm doing ok. I was getting very, very bad headaches from the epi but I'm taking tylenol and they went away. My lower back hurts every so often but not like it did with Noella. The only thing I can't stand right now is my freaking breast! lol. With Noella they were NOT like this at all. They're swollen, HUGE, can't even brush up against them bc they KILL me. Amber is doing good. She was 7.5lbs, 15oz., and 17inches long. I thought she was small bc compared to Noella who was 8.5, 7oz, 19.5inches long, but the nurse was like NO NO she's BIG!! You carry big babies! lol. She doesn't look like Noella at all, she actually looks like my dad and my brother lol. She's a good baby, good sleeper and eater. Noella's doing great with her. Wants to be the mother to her lol. I'm just glad I only pushed for 15 minutes! My mom took a bunch of pictures when she was coming out. Ofcourse I won't post them lol but there's others I will. I just feel bad we didn't do that with Noella's birth

I'll post some pictures up in a few days. James is doing great with her. Always feeding her, changing her, up with her when she wakes up at night. He loves it lol. All I know is my first birth experience was completely different from my second. It's weird though, Noella was born at 39 weeks and 4 days, so was Amber. Noella is a Gemini like my brother, Amber is a Pisces like me lol. Noella was born at 12:58 am, Amber at 10:40 pm

Well, that's my birth story. The nurses/doctors were soo nice. They didn't give me any problems like the nurses/doctors did after I had Noella. Bc they know I already have a baby at home they kind of left me alone and figured I knew what I was doing. I'm going for my 6 week checkup on the 25th of April and I'll talk to my obgyn about an IUD for 10 yrs. That's what I'm going to use for birthcontrol.

Anyway, that's all sorry it was sooo long.
#2 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 07:55 PM

Congrats!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 02:31 AM

Congratulations to you!!
#4 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 02:34 AM

Congrats!!

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#5 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 AM

congratulations and welcome amber nicole!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page