Confession time, Mamas.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many of our mama's who have had their LO's couldn't hold out long and have DTD already? My labor and delivery was so wonderful...no tears and not sore at all so I felt ready very soon after having my dd. We made it 2 weeks. We were both really missing each other. Anyone else....??

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#2 of 14 Old 03-25-2008, 03:34 PM

Well we haven't actually DTD yet; I'm only a week PP but I'm definitely feeling up for it...if we can ever get both kids asleep at the same time for more than 5 minutes!

I doubt my DH would go for it, though - he's very paranoid about that sort of thing, my health, etc...but he has been very attentive the last week; he's not one for complimenting my appearance, but he has made at least one comment daily and is almost mushy (for him.) So maybe he'd be up for it too...I don't know.
#3 of 14 Old 03-25-2008, 04:17 PM

We made it to three weeks. Much sooner than with DS1! I was missing him too.
#4 of 14 Old 03-25-2008, 05:33 PM

Ummmmmm - no. Not that dh hasn't been dropping a ton of hints, but this lil man is literally attached to me 24/7. Not really sure how that would work at this point. I will be 2 wks pp tomorrow.

Did your mw ok it? Most of the time, it's suggested that you wait until bleeding has ended so as not to risk infection (much of the bleeding is from the open wound/placental site). Not that I'm trying to rain on your parade, just asking!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#5 of 14 Old 03-25-2008, 07:05 PM

No desire this time around. Last time we made it three weeks. But I think I may be in the mood sometime after April 28th. DH has his vasectomy on 3/28 and then they check one month later. I think I will be in the mood when there are no more little swimmers in there.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#6 of 14 Old 03-26-2008, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

NO.
#7 of 14 Old 03-26-2008, 03:37 PM

i'm three weeks out & have zero desire! i wish i did.
I didn't enjoy sex for a couple years after Dd was born..
#8 of 14 Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM

nope I am 3 weeks pp and still have stitches inside. Plus we have 2 kids in our room now, one of them in our bed. Nevermind how sore my hips ect still are. Poor dh will have to suffer.
#9 of 14 Old 03-26-2008, 04:19 PM

We just dtd last night for the first time. I am 4 weeks pp. I probably could have painlessly done it earlier but I wanted to wait until most of my bleeding had stopped. I am still bleeding a little, but it's mostly very light pink so I think I'm ok. My poor dh had been dropping hints like a week after our dd was born but that was no where in my thoughts at all!!! I could have waited much longer then we did, but he wanted to do it so I gave in.

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#10 of 14 Old 03-27-2008, 12:54 AM
DBZ

I have no intention of dtd for a very very very very very very very very very long time! Maybe I'll wait till menopause . Unless I find a rich man to marry then there is no way I'm taking any chances of being in another DDC!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#11 of 14 Old 03-27-2008, 11:08 AM

I haven't actually popped this one out, but I dtd two weeks after dd was born, and 3 days after ds was born... I thought the whole "wait six weeks" thing was an old wives' tale. We never actually asked our mw about it after dd's birth (sex was the last thing on our minds) but the mw we used for ds said we could do it whenever we felt up to it. This time we're hoping for 2 days
#12 of 14 Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulanichole View Post
Did your mw ok it? Most of the time, it's suggested that you wait until bleeding has ended so as not to risk infection (much of the bleeding is from the open wound/placental site). Not that I'm trying to rain on your parade, just asking!
She did tell us to wait until the bleeding was done. My bleeding was down to light pink with some discharge when we dtd. Now it's light brown when I do have it which is about every other day for a short spurt. So, I'm pretty sure the placental site is healed.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#13 of 14 Old 03-28-2008, 04:38 PM

Okay, great thread! I am so missing DH and I know he feels the same. He won't say it so he doesn't put pressure on me. I am only 6 days pp, still some very lite bleeding, no soreness, but I really feel the need to devour my DH!!! I am like many others, thought you had to wait 6 weeks. I don't remember how long I waited with my older DC, plus I didn't like that DH as much as this one!!!
#14 of 14 Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 PM

We haven't DTD yet. But if Katie had slept a little longer this morning, we might have.

I'm down to some fairly light, intermittent bleeding, but I'm only 2wks 3 days pp. I sure do miss dh though, which is a weird feeling after being totally not interested for the last several months.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page