im 40w+1-here's my plan, what do you think? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hi, im determined not to go too far 'overdue' because last time i did, and ended up on pitocin. Yesterday was my 'due date'. Here's my plan- walk tonnes every day, drink more rasberry leaf tea, start taking evening primrose oil, eat wheat germ (vit e is good for the placenta), do some acupuncture every second day.

Then, if nothing by the end of the week, ill start blue/black cohosh,nipple stimulation, have membranes swept next Monday (one week past due date), tho i'd rather avoid that.

What do you think?

Last night, i had alot of braxton hicks contractions which i dont usually have-i thought to myself, lets go into labor tomorrow, say around 12? I just want to avoid the stress of being 'overdue'. I mean, am i just too well nourished?

Come on baby, be ready to be born!

Also, i have my medwife prenatal appointment today. That means sitting around all afternoon on my ass, only to be told 'we'll have to induce you', but of course, no recommendations for anything useful like acupuncture.

Im also seeing a midwife and preparing for homebirth, which the clinic doesnt know about, because i started it late. Im half inclined to miss my medwife appointment today (shes only going to stress me out,and tell me my baby is going to die), and go on a very very very l ong walk instead.

some more of those contractions please!

what do you think? anyone else in my position here?
Maya
#2 of 6 Old 03-26-2008, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it all sounds fine... just don't wear yourself out with the walking... it hasnt' actually been shown to help at all.

Personally I'm a bit hesitant about trying to start labour with the cohoshes. I'm taking the homeopathic versions rather than the teas. The homeopathics are a bit gentler.
#3 of 6 Old 03-26-2008, 03:37 PM

Eat eggplant parm mama!! Everyday!!
#4 of 6 Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM

Have sex
#5 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM

and eat pineapple.
Good luck!!

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
#6 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Hehehehe....I'd probably skip my appt with the medwife. Stress alone can delay labor so if you are already feeling anxiety, she isn't going to help lessen it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page