any pp mamas working out? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-29-2008, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm anxious to get to the gym! I'm almost 4 weeks out (with a c/s), and I feel ready to get a good cardio workout. I've been walking w/the kiddos, but it isn't the same as a visit to the gym w/weights & all.

I gained about 50 lbs after the birth of my daughter. and I really really really want to avoid the same this time around!
#2 of 15 Old 03-29-2008, 07:44 PM

I have been. I've been taking power walks with my DS1 in the stroller, and riding the bike. We just went surfing today (first time in 6 months for me!) and it was a total rude awakening as to how out of it I am with everything (tone, balance, core strength, ugh). I'm going to hop in my parents' pool next week for a good, low impact workout. BTW, I'm 1 month PP.
#3 of 15 Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not yet, but I'm only 12 days PP. I'll probably start back up in another 2 weeks or so.
#4 of 15 Old 03-29-2008, 11:40 PM

i am 17 days pp and have done nothing. i am beginning to feel ready. my mom has been staying with us and is leaving mon so i am hoping to establish a routine next week. hopefully it will stop snowing and warm up too so we can walk!
#5 of 15 Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 AM

5 days PP here and I can't wait to get moving. I am going to start with yoga this week and after that pick up to cardio.
#6 of 15 Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 AM

Just some innocent stretching so far. I would like to start, but I'm still feeling swollen. Which is weird, as I had no tearing and barely had to push (she came in 1 push). I felt great way before this with DD2. I'm 22 days PP now.
#7 of 15 Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 AM

Been doing gentle stretching thus far, will probably start yoga this week if my sutures are healing nicely. It was a minor tear that didn't really need to be stitched anyway. I'm 7 days pp now.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#8 of 15 Old 03-30-2008, 08:00 AM

I would love the feel of a real workout, gosh it's been so long!! The last time I went to the gym was in Sept and it gave me ctx... I am SO out of shape and I don't even want to know how much I weigh still. 16d pp.

Starting post-natal yoga tomorrow, that should be great.

We went on a long walk around town yesterday - I had ds (OMG that is the first time I've used that abbreviation! ) in the sling. It felt GREAT and gave me tons of energy...

I'm still really disorganized about leaving the house, etc with just the babe. DH is going back to work tomorrow so I better get used to it quick or be a hermit!

PS Dr Sears says get a good nurse in BEFORE a hard workout - it can make you make less milk and it might even taste funny, especially an arm workout!
#9 of 15 Old 03-30-2008, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ani~ View Post
PS Dr Sears says get a good nurse in BEFORE a hard workout - it can make you make less milk and it might even taste funny, especially an arm workout!
thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind!
I WAS feeling up for a good workout. and had planned on heading to the gym today, but woke up feeling icky! and throwing up
it will have to wait until next week sometime!
#10 of 15 Old 03-31-2008, 11:47 AM

Everytime I look i the mirror I'm ready to RUN to the gym. You know its true things really don't look the same after the second baby.

wife to an amazing man and mom to my 5 amazing children sd (16), sd (13), d (5), son (2), & caboose d born 11/15/09 and two goats but they don't have anything for that
#11 of 15 Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 AM

nak- I'm still bleding at 12d pp so I haven't even taken a walk yet It sucks cause I feel great otherwise and want to get out & do something!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#12 of 15 Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 PM

I am still slowly recovering from birth and am almost 1 month PP. I have gone for short walks, but I pay for it the next day with extreme pain and stiffness. So for me slow and steady. I have been doing leg lifts and sitting on my exersize ball and bouncign. My issue also is I start bleeding heavily again if I do too much.
#13 of 15 Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 PM

I walked yesterday and today, how is everyone else doing?
#14 of 15 Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 PM

I am happy to say that we got out this week finally and took a walk. Today I did yoga with ds and then did a yoga set with the baby. She tolerated it really well. I am hoping that I will be able to get a routine going so that it continues.
#15 of 15 Old 04-06-2008, 12:25 AM

I'm starting Weight Watchers back up tomorrow. I just bought Jillian Michaels Frontside and Backside DVDs and plan to bring the elliptical trainer out of hibernation soon.

Jenn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page