Am I the most overdue mama here? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 03-30-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It sure feels like it! I'm 42w tomorrow. I'm seriously at my breaking point-emotionally and physically.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#2 of 18 Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 PM

My EDD is tomorrow and aside from a SERIOUS case of nesting this morning - and I mean MANIC - no signs of impending labor.

Hang in there mama - if the baby hasn't come yet s/he must need to bake a little longer.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#3 of 18 Old 03-30-2008, 11:36 PM

I just noticed this on the main board and thought I'd offer some encouragement even though I am no longer pg (or finally not pg- I was for almost 5 yrs straight...).

With ds3, I was 44 +2 when he was born and with ds4, 42 +3. Both of them were so round and pink and beautiful. They were alert and healthy and had the most amazing chub everywhere- they looked like cherubs!

It is very hard to wait so long, mama- I know- but right now you can be thankful for all of the obstacles that your little babe will not have to overcome. That so much time has passed means that your baby will be fully formed and matured in the womb- the best place for this early development. I would do anything to turn back time and put my first two sons back in for the month and more that they missed and needed (but I was naive and took very bad medical advice).

Once your baby is born, you'll no longer think of this time as being so long; it will seem too short and you'll think with fondness of how your baby communicated with you before you could see one another; you'll remember that this time (that is now so hard to endure) was so precious and unique in your life and that of your baby.

You are going to do just great, mama. Try to think of the future if it will help you cope with the present, but remember that this time will quickly become the past and you'll be feeling the warm, soft skin of your newborn baby in your arms, against your chest, very soon now.

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

#4 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 AM

I'm so sorry, Jokerama. I'm very impatient at only 40+4. I'm afraid to think what what sort of emotional state I might be in if baby sticks around terribly longer.

I hope baby will decide to come out soon for you!!

(At least you're not the only March mama still pregnant?)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#5 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 12:39 AM
DBZ

It really sucks to watch your due date come and go. To add another 2 weeks to that really blows. I carried my first two till 41 +5. I'm really looking forward to reading your birth story. Are you home birthing or going to a hospital?

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#6 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 AM

Just wanted to give you some hugs. All of mine were "over" also, so I know exactly what you're going through!
#7 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM

I'm 41 weeks today.

I'm sure you'll have your baby soon! Maybe it will be an extra easy labor to make up for the long wait...
#8 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C View Post
Once your baby is born, you'll no longer think of this time as being so long; it will seem too short and you'll think with fondness of how your baby communicated with you before you could see one another; you'll remember that this time (that is now so hard to endure) was so precious and unique in your life and that of your baby.
I saw this from the main page too, and totally agree with what preggieuba2c said. I'm not pregnant now but when I was I went 42 weeks. Yeah, it felt like FOREVER at the time but now it just seems like a blip of time that came and went all too fast. Pregnancy is such a short and special time. It can be hard, emotionally and physically when you go overdue, but VERY soon you will be holding your baby and looking back on this time fondly. I thought I'd never go into labour either and by the time I actually just gave up and accepted the fact that I'd be "pregnant forever", there were the contractions!

Hang in there, mama!
#9 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 11:08 AM

I was due on easter (the 23) and my midwife called me last night tell me that she would like to move my due date back (I will post about that later). I feel like I should have been having this baby for like 4 weeks now You are not alone, the little one will come, until then love it in every way you can!
#10 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 12:15 PM

Be strong! 40w5d, here. I can commiserate, but you make me feel like a whiner! I am definitely not looking forward to going 42 weeks. You can do it...that babe will be here before you know it!
#11 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 PM

I can't wait to read your birth story!
#12 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 08:05 PM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerama View Post
It sure feels like it! I'm 42w tomorrow. I'm seriously at my breaking point-emotionally and physically.

I hope you are in labor. Seems like most of us have made a post like this when we were going into labor and you haven't posted yet today. I'm sending ELV your way!

#13 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

nope, no labor!

I'm scheduled for an induction wed morning. Wish me luck!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#14 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
mtm

good luck, can't wait to read your story
#15 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerama View Post
nope, no labor!

I'm scheduled for an induction wed morning. Wish me luck!
Darn! At least there is a definite end in sight! With both of my scheduled inductions I went into labor before they could start it with pit. I hope that happens for you too.

#16 of 18 Old 03-31-2008, 10:43 PM

Good luck and hang in there mama!
#17 of 18 Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 AM

I'm thinking about you! Keep us posted!
#18 of 18 Old 04-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Ah, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way! I definitely sympathize with you! I just had my DS yesterday, at 42w1d. Unfortunately, it was more or less a failed induction and I had to be sectioned If I hadn't been induced, I'd be right here still with you.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page