Weight loss? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-31-2008, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind of weight loss is everyone else experiencing?

I'm delighted to already be smaller than my pre-pregnancy weight; I'm starving all the time, but I eat healthy foods - veggie sticks as opposed to chips, etc.

A few friends/family have expressed concern that I seem to be dropping 2-3 pounds a day, but I think it's fairly normal, considering I was over my ideal weight to begin with, I'm nursing 2 kids, and I've changed my eating habits to support the weight loss. I expect it'll stabilize in the next few weeks, and I'll have to actually start trying to lose weight (depending on where it stops on its own).
#2 of 12 Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 PM

i gained about 50 pounds. i have lost about 25 so far.
#3 of 12 Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 PM

I'm one week PP and have lost 16lbs. 10 of it was baby and placenta I'm guessing.
#4 of 12 Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 PM

How much weight can one safely lose while breastfeeding? 1-2 lbs per week?

Emily, mama to DD 03/04, DS 01/06, DS 03/08, and DD due 11/20/11cd.gifbfinfant.gif

#5 of 12 Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 PM

I don't know how many lbs. I've lost since I haven't weighed myself since DD was born, but 3 wks pp, my pre-pregnancy clothes fit. Not counting several shirts that my nursing boobs make too tight. I had gained about 25-30lbs during the pregnency. My sister said she could see that my face was thinner when she visited this Sat.

I'm looking forward to the appt. with my mw in about 2 weeks. I'll get to see if I'm back down to my pre-preg weight. I'd be really happy if I was below my pre-preg weight.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#6 of 12 Old 04-02-2008, 02:12 PM

i gained about 42 and lost 33 at my 2week checkup
#7 of 12 Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 2 weeks PP today; I was 150 the day I got the positive pregnancy test, 170 the day I delivered, and 147 this morning!

I feel like I look thinner, and my DH has been complimenting my appearance, which is not something he normally does.
#8 of 12 Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 PM

I have not been on a scale since delivering! The day before I went into labor I had gained 47lbs! I was 139 pre-preg. I'm still wearing maternity pants - not the size L I was in Jan-March but back to some size M's I wore Sept-Dec... I REFUSE to buy any bigger sized normal clothes but I can't pull my normal jeans up past mid-thigh. So Maternity pants it is! Regular tops are OK though.

I don't have as huge an appetite as I did when pregnant.

Water weight/swelling question - I get major swelling when on the pill and I assume that some of my pregnancy weight gain can be explained by that too. Should I expect to keep the water weight throughout breastfeeding, or might it go down now that I've delivered? Thanks!
#9 of 12 Old 04-03-2008, 12:43 PM

I was 134ish lbs. when I delivered 5 weeks ago, and I'm 114 lbs. this morning. I'm hoping to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 107, but it's not coming off as quickly as w/ DS1, although I'm tandeming! I'm starving all the time and actually eat (where w/ DS1 I was too weary or busy to eat), so I'm sure that's why it's going slower this time.
#10 of 12 Old 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM

I was 180 pre-pregnancy (a bit heavy for me), I only gained about 7 or 8 lbs and I'm down to 167 now so I'm stoked

My Gestational Diabetes diet definitely kept me from gaining much at all.

And yay for nursing - I will probably lose more still
#11 of 12 Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't actually know... I was weighed during my first midwife appointment, at 14 weeks or so, but I can't remember the number. I don't have scales at home and my midwife never weighed me again, so I have no idea how I'm doing kilos-wise!

I'm nearly 3 weeks PP though, and I've been fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes for since about one week PP (before that, I could fit into my pre-pregnancy trousers, but not zip them up!). DH has commented that my bottom is smaller (charmed, I'm sure!), and I've noticed my arms are skinnier--I suspect that's mostly a loss of water weight from pre-e, though, not 'weight loss' per se. My tummy still feels squishy and floppy and big, but it looks pretty normal in clothes. So, I dunno... I think I just need to gain some muscle tone in my tummy, rather than lose any weight per se. I've been eating too many sweet things recently--I lose my sweet tooth during pregnancy and seem to have gained it back with a vengeance now I'm nursing! So I should improve my eating habits, but not specifically in order to lose weight.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#12 of 12 Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
DBZ

I am not going to post my pre-preg weight, but I've lost about 22 lbs so far. DD will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I still have a 20 lbs to go to get to my pre-preg weight. I'm sure that will take some work though.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page