First day alone... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hallo, lovely mamas!

I've been informed by MDC that it's been a long time since I posted, so I figured I'd give y'all an update.

Today was the first day that Renny and I spent all by ourselves! My mom had been here since I went to the hospital for my induction, and she just left yesterday morning. It was great having her here, and she left me with a freezer full of food and a scrubbed and re-organized house, but it's really nice to start our real lives as a new family. It was great cuddling in bed with Ren this morning, then doing some chores and getting out of the house a bit

As difficult as my labor was, my post-partum period has been great. I bounced back really quickly once all the crazy drugs (mag-sulf and pit) were out of my system; Ren has been a champion nurser from the begining and our co-sleeping/night-time nursing has been great! I'm getting more sleep now than when I was pregnant So, even though the birth was the polar opposite of what I wanted, I feel really lucky to have such a beautiful, healthy, strong daughter. Her daddy is just in love with her, too I can't believe we'll be celebrating her one-month birthday this Saturday!

Hope all you mamas are doing great with your new babies; and happy, easy labor vibes to all the mamas who are still pregnant.

All my love to you all!

Kate

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#2 of 4 Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM

Congratulations on your first day alone! Sounds like you had a great day!
#3 of 4 Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 AM

Sounds like things are going really well.

We dropped my mom off at the airport this morning so tomorrow will be the first day alone for me.

Honestly, this afternoon alone was a little overwhelming. Mostly for me it is related to big brother. I have to figure out how to keep the baby safe from him! I feel like I can never put her down without endangering her life! She spends a great deal of time in the sling.

Then there is the logistics of making sure ds gets his stimulating activity and mom time. I am hoping for warmer weather so we can at least get outside.

Between caring for the 2 kids I am not sure how to fit in meal cooking and housework! I am sure I will figure out some sort of routine before too long. I mean, millions of women have more than one child, right? And their older children do not suffer from neglect! I think I am just having mommy guilt.
#4 of 4 Old 04-01-2008, 12:15 PM

Congrats on the alone time and the happy recovery! Sounds like you're doing great with Renny (cute nickname). Happy 1 month b'day coming up. Wow!

This is day 2 of "alone" time for us but I'm super-duper spoiled b/c dh works at home and is self-employed so he can take over when I feel overwhelmed (and catch up on his work later).

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
Mostly for me it is related to big brother. I have to figure out how to keep the baby safe from him! I feel like I can never put her down without endangering her life! She spends a great deal of time in the sling.
Elaina, I totally get this. DS #1 seems so HUGE and BOUNCY that it is hard to relax when they are near each other. Luckily, he has been nothing but sweet to DS #2 although he's been pretty aggressive with me... He's subconsciously but pretty obviously angry with me. Still, the sling has been very useful for feeling like I can be close to DS #2 but still doing something with DS #1. I'm having some guilt too, thinking that right now it is a raw deal for DS #1 since the baby doesn't really bring him any joy or any fun at this point. DS #1 is still doing a lot of preschool time, which I think is helpful to us all and gives him a place to follow his own routine, get out some energy (though it is endless ), and be focused on things besides the baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page