Those Still Pg - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
mtm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there's a few of you still hanging on. Post here so we can cheer you on. I was trying to follow the other thread but lost track of who was left
#2 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 12:33 PM

You'll be holding your babies soon!

If it helps any, I wish I could feel one last wiggle in my belly - SUCH a wonderful feeling!
#3 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 PM

I am still here! Thank you for the invitation to rant!

I am 41w today. My MW has to turn me over to the OB in one week, so I have an appt. with the OB tomorrow. I am not looking forward to scheduling an induction "just in case" and possibly losing my homebirth.

Meanwhile, my mother calls me everyday to warn me about the dangers of "being overdue". (This from a woman who smoked and had 5 preemies.) I love her, but her anxiety issues don't make anything easier for me.

Please tell me I am not the only one!

(I think azzuranotte was right, we need to change our signatures!)
#4 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 01:15 PM

hang in there! my 2 nd was 2 weeks late. the midwife ended up breaking my water on the very last day she would do hb and i had him 6 hours later at home. try not to stress and drink tons of water to keep your amnio fluid up!
#5 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM

I'm still pregnant. 41w3d today. I am fortunate that I won't lose my chance to homebirth if I hit 42 - but I will have to have tests at the backup OB, which would be stressful and annoying. The mw did a long listen to the baby yesterday and says so far everything is still fine - in fact, the baby seems very vigorous. So I'm not really worried about the baby - more worried about the OB.

kdaisy, I hear you on the worried family - my stepmom has been telling me about how she "had to be induced" with my sister because she was ten days past her due date and is asking what my "backup plans" are.

I had false labor last night - I've had series of contractions that I thought could be labor before, but last night I was really sure I was in labor, because I continued to have contractions even after sleeping and they were harder than any non-labor cx I've had with any of my pregs. I was still having them at 6:30 and I almost got up - but I fell asleep one more time and when I woke up the cx had stopped . Now I'm wondering what would have happened if I had gotten up and moved around at 6:30 like I wanted to...

Labor vibes to all the overdue mamas out there!
#6 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Hang in there mamas! You'll be holding your little ones in your arms soon! Labor vibes coming your way! :
#7 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Still here. I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. I keep getting contractions and going "Ok, maybe this is it." Then I wait and they go away. No talk of induction yet. I had a NST on Tuesday and I'll have another tomorrow. This babe is just really comfy in there.

Yes, but what do we change our signatures to?
#8 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 07:21 PM

Labor vibes to all you ladies! :
#9 of 16 Old 04-04-2008, 05:31 PM

Anybody left besides me? 41w2d

I saw the OB this morning, everything looks good. They did yet another ultrasound. Heartbeat, aminiotic fluid, muscle tone, movement, all look good. They said he was doing practice breaths as they scanned. His estimated weight is 9 lbs. 2 oz., but at this stage it is plus or minus 20%. The frustrating news is that I am not dilated or effaced at all! They suggested that is could be a case of cephalopelvic disproportion. I think doctors like to throw out that term....

Anyway, I really like and trust my OB and she wants me to talk to my MW about doing a possible induction on Monday, she wants to do a non-stress test that day for sure. I see my MW tomorrow. Wednesday is 42 weeks. That is the cut off for my homebirth here, and my OB is on call on Mondays. I don't want a hospital induction, but I would rather cut myself two days short to guarantee she be the one to do it (all of the others in her practice are very pro-intervention, where she is much more like my MW). Induction with me not even dilated or effaced doesn't sound promising to me so, I suppose, we are looking at a good chance of a section ultimately happening.

My husband is my source of sanity right now. He has told me to focus on this being my last day at work, and just enjoy that. So that is what I am doing.

Please come soon, baby!
#10 of 16 Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM

kdaisy,
sending labor vibes you way! have you tried any at home induction methods?

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#11 of 16 Old 04-05-2008, 12:25 AM
DBZ

kdaisy, my 3rd child was induced with an unfavorable cervix and it worked out really well, however I don't think it would if it were your first child. I hope you go into labor before that so it becomes a non-issue.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#12 of 16 Old 04-05-2008, 04:15 AM

Thank you for the thoughts.

I am going to try some "natural" induction methods with my MW this weekend, castor oil, blue cohosh, etc. Wish me luck!
#13 of 16 Old 04-05-2008, 11:41 AM

Good luck kdaisy! :
#14 of 16 Old 04-06-2008, 12:10 AM

40w6d and anxiously waiting. I have stopped speaking to my family and friends because I can't stand the questions and the anxiousness - it just stresses me out. I have had 2 acupuncture treatments and nothing. DTD w DH, nothing. Can't have spicy food b/c the heartburn makes me sooo sick.

They are throwing around c/s because the baby is supposed to be big so I really want to get this baby out!

: to all the other still pg mamas out there. Let's get these LOs born!

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#15 of 16 Old 04-06-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
mtm

pineapple is supposed to help too. Hope to read your birth stories soon Kdaisy, Catherine, Azzuranote and New Natural Mom.
#16 of 16 Old 04-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Thinking of you all!!! Overdueland is NOT fun! Here's hoping you get there soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page