The Birth of Annabel Rain - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had an induction scheduled for Wednesday April 2 at 6am. I was 42+ weeks and miserable. Tuesday night I laid in bed with my husband sobbing that I wasnt going to have the birth I was hoping for an he comforted me the best he could. I asked him to bring our 4 year old Sebastian in bed with us so I could cuddle with him all night. I figured once the baby was here we wouldnt be able to do that for a while. Around 10pm I started feeling crampy. Ive had tons of false labor so I just shrugged it off. I was having irregular contractions but they weren't too painful so I tried my best to get some sleep. I just couldnt get comfortable so I got up to go to the bathroom. It was about 130am. As soon as I stood up I realized my underwear were soaked. I thought I peed myself and went to change them. A few minutes later another gush. I woke up my mom and told her that I thought my water broke. Then I woke up Will and told him and he got our things together to go to the hospital. On the way to the hospital I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. When we got to the hospital and checked into our room the nurses checked to make sure my water had really broken and sure enough it had and it had meconium staining. At that point I was dialated 2-3cm. I labored all night and couldnt sleep at all. In the morning I was still at 3cm. They started the pitocin since I wasnt progressing at all and had the meconium in the fluid. I was terrified of the pain I knew I was about to endure. The pitocin contractions were awful. Will did everything he could to help me through them, but it was way too much to bare. After 2 hours I begged for an epidural. Once they administered it, I couldnt not believe how comfortable I felt. I sat up in bed playing with Sebastian and talking to everyone. I still felt the contractions but they weren't painful. The nurse checked me again and I was now 6cm. She put in a call to my doctor and told him to slowly walk over (his office is connected to the hospital) Suddenly I started to feel a lot of pressure in my bottom. I told the nurse but she was too busy trying to figure out wow she could no longer pick up the baby's heartbeat to listen to me. I said it over and over. I think she thought I was just saying it to complain. Finally she gave up on the monitors and realized my baby was crowning and that's why she couldnt find the heartbeat. She called for the baby nurses to come in and respiratory team (a precaution because of the meconium) I had another contraction and it pushed the baby right out. I didnt even have to push at all. Her apgars were 9 and 9 and she looked perfect! A few minutes later the doctor walked into the room looking sort of confused realizing he missed the birth. He checked me out and said I barely needed a stitch. I delivered the placenta and a nurses handed me my baby girl Annabel Rain. I felt so excited and happy. It was a totally different experience from my first birth and my husband kept telling me over and over that he couldnt believe how good I looked. Annabel weighed 7lbs 5 oz and was 21 inches long.
Here's a pic of her first meal.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4159/047tn9.jpg

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#2 of 7 Old 04-13-2008, 01:58 AM
DBZ

Those "didn't need to push" birth are so awesome aren't they? I'm really glad you go to go into labor on your own. Your DH is right, you do look great!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#3 of 7 Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM

What a great name your little girl has! (My 2 year old is named Annabelle).
I was also scheduled to be induced and went into labor in the wee hours of the morning before I was supposed to go in. I'm glad you didn't have to be induced after all, and envious of how quickly you pushed your baby out!
#4 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 01:49 AM

congratulations! i'm so glad she decided to come on her own. you look fabulous!
#5 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM

Congrats, momma! Your hubby was right--you do look good! What a great photo.

Just love her name btw.
#6 of 7 Old 04-18-2008, 04:08 PM

Congrats! And what a cute name -- I love it!

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
#7 of 7 Old 04-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Congratulations!!!

Welcome, beautiful little one! Happy babymoon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page