People are so .... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so so so annoying at times. I am so sick of hearing HOW BIG HE IS...and that he must be older than a month...NO he is almost 10 pounds but still one month...no he doesn't over eat. No I don't give him a bottle...no I didn't realize that everyone else can raise him better (you know the people in walmart that tell you he is cold/hot) no I don't use my CAR SEAT to hold my child all the time my ARMS work okay. Just so sick of it.

geez am I hormonal or what!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was at the library today, and 3 people admired Teddy and said how big he was, and that he looked like he was at least a month or 2 old, not two weeks old. It's a nice change from people telling me how big I am.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yep, people are always saying how old/big Rowan looks. I don't mind that so much as the 'boy or girl' questions--when she's wearing pink! A Jehovah's Witness lady who came to my door this morning referred to her as 'It' before asking what 'It' was--Rowan was in a pink flowery top and pink trousers, for goodness' sake. You'd think if you insisted on coming to my door when I hadn't yet brushed my hair (okay, still haven't) and giving me literature about Armageddon, you could at least not insult my offspring with your pronouns! Oh well.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 PM

Some weird woman was admiring dd in my Kozy carrier the other day and guessed her age at 9 months. Obviously she had no clue, but jeez.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 04-15-2008, 10:48 PM

oh yeah... 10 lbs at 2 weeks here. chubby babies unite!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 PM

I feel your pain.....mine was over 10lbs when he was born so I got comments ALLLLLLLLL the time. : (
Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM

I haven't been out quite enough for lots of comments yet (just quick grins and an occasional "ohhhh, cute baby!!" in passing), but MIL was about driving me bonkers on the topic of size and strength. About every hour or less, it was "Wow, he just looks so big! Not like a newborn at all!" or "He looks so filled out already!" or "Can you believe he can lift his head like that! He'll probably take right after his Dad!" Normally it would all make me beam with pride, but she was here for a week and a half and it was just NONSTOP. ~~AND~~ she has said it all about each of my children, not just this one, so it didn't even seem unique, you know? (And I really don't think he can lift his head any better than any other healthy, typical newborn, either...)

But at 10lbs 10oz at birth, I'm certainly not expecting any "he's so small!" comments from strangers, at least.

Sarah, I am just ROFL at someone guessing your baby's age at 9mos.!!!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 AM

Becky, I am ROFL at your MIL. My MIL came to see us in the hospital and remarked that my baby had a big nose. Hmph. Thanks a lot!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM

I know, everyone keeps saying I should stick a pacifier in my kid's mouth. I am his pacifier! It's very frustrating. At least I only get positive remarks on the sling though.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Katrinka---at least no one said WOW he MUST look like the milk man...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM

LOL, Robin. Naah, he is the spitting image of some of the other kids..

Hey, I totally forgot this dumb stranger comment. We took Teddy to the doctor when he was 4 days old. As we were walking through the waiting room on the way out, a woman said "Aw, how old is your baby?" Dh said "4 days old". The woman said, "Aw, can I hold him?". I was like "NO!!!!!!". Oops. I guess I could have been more polite, but I hadn't slept more than oh, 12 hours in 5 days. So, the woman sitting next to the weirdo who wanted to hold my 4 day old newborn turned to her friend and said "Oh, she's being possessive."
Um, okay. What kind of freak asks to hold a stranger's brand new baby - in a doctor's office? She could have been in there because she had any number of nasty viruses. Eeew! Get away from my baby!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:24 AM

My mother keeps saying, to the cosmos in general, that Harper is spitting up because I'm nursing her too much. It drives me crazy because because she has no idea how much she's nursing. I'd like to ask her how she's determining that she's eating too much. Does she have some kind of internal gauge for how much is coming out of MY breast??

When my first dd was small, we were in a restaurant and she was crying because she was ready to eat. Some woman came over to me and asked if she could take her from me to comfort her (which I did by nursing her). ??? I'm sure I must of looked at her like she was insane.

Not totally on the topic, but dh, dd, Harper, and I were walking through a parking lot and some guy walking buy asked if I was their grandmother. I really wanted to slap him.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You'd think if you insisted on coming to my door when I hadn't yet brushed my hair (okay, still haven't) and giving me literature about Armageddon, you could at least not insult my offspring with your pronouns! Oh well.
nak

:

that's awesome. you're a good writer.

our babe is in hotsling when out, so i've just had old ladies patting her back through the sling.

that's freaky that some stranger wanted to hold a newborn.

trin
Old 04-18-2008, 12:53 AM

My DD was 7lbs at birth. Now I'd guess she over 8lbs. Everyone keeps commenting on how tiny she is. Isn't she pretty average? It doesn't bother me though.

Today in line at the grocery store I was standing in line greeting the cashier. DD was asleep in the stretchy wrap. Suddenly from nowhere I feel a tug on the side of the wrap. Some random woman had walked up to me and tugged the shoulder strap of the wrap away to look at Katie's face without so much as a hello. She hadn't even made eye contact with me.

I took a few steps back while she talked about how cure Katie was. Then I distracted her by talking about the wrap. I'm usually pretty easy going and it take a lot to make me upset, but that made me a bit uncomfortable, especially since I didn't see her coming at all.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:14 AM

People are so annoying!

I've gotten nothing but really nice comments "so tiny" "too cute" "brand new" (mostly from elderly ladies!) but my poor mom had him in her arms and some older lady made some remark to her about how he was too small to be outside poor Grandma!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Spencer was 10 lbs 5 oz at birth. I have been getting the "I didn't know you could give birth to a toddler." My MIL and her mom came to visit - for over 4 hours even though I told my DH it had to be a short visit. Aside from looking at me like I was crazy when I asked her to wash her hands, holding the baby all day, almost dropping him, talking to him in a stupid voice, every time he had hiccups said it must be because mommy has been drinking :.

Is it wrong to hope that DS grows up not to like them?

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Collin was 12 lbs 2 oz at birth and today was a bit over 14 lbs. I knew he would be big and with his full head of hair he does look older. I dont mind those comments. What i do mind is people randomly commenting on my vagina. "oh good thing he was a cs or else your bottom would be exploded." And "ohhh girl lucky you getting a cs"
yes, i truely enjoyed having over 40 hours of labor only to be then cut in half. yes thanks so much.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-sorta-fairytale View Post
Collin was 12 lbs 2 oz at birth and today was a bit over 14 lbs. I knew he would be big and with his full head of hair he does look older. I dont mind those comments. What i do mind is people randomly commenting on my vagina. "oh good thing he was a cs or else your bottom would be exploded." And "ohhh girl lucky you getting a cs"
yes, i truely enjoyed having over 40 hours of labor only to be then cut in half. yes thanks so much.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
[When my first dd was small, we were in a restaurant and she was crying because she was ready to eat. Some woman came over to me and asked if she could take her from me to comfort her (which I did by nursing her). ??? ]

That's a case for WTF Consulting

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJamie View Post

thanks my friends asking about it - no problem. strangers commenting on my "not ruined vagina" creeeeepy.

User Tag List