Mothering Forum banner

So how are your babies sleeping?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  onlyAngil 
#1 ·
My seven week old has been going down for her "big night sleep" later and later in the evenings. She has taken to waking every hour, or being up for several hours strainght in the wee hours. Ugh. I am starting to feel like the living dead. When do they start to sleep more?

#2 ·
My son is now 9 weeks old. He usually sleeps from 8 to 11pm, then, after nursing, from 11 to 3 or 4am, and then wakes up for the day around 8. We had a few nights that he was up for 3 or 4 hours in the middle of the night. It's exhasting when they do that. It will get better though.

#3 ·
Does your babe co sleep?
Mine does, and she gets really fussy around 9. Then sleeps until about 12, then again until 3, then 7. So about 3 hour stretches.

I am thinking about trying to lay her down for the first stretch in her bassinet. But she doesn't fall asleep nursing. Do I lay with her in bed then move her when she falls asleep?

I am so wiggly, I wake her up, and sometimes she isn't hungry and wakes me up. Plus, my husband is kicked out for lack of room.

#4 ·
dd sleeps very well - we are relieved! dd1 was a "good" sleeper, but ds was an I-must-nurse-every-two-hours-around-the-clock guy for about 9 months... very trying. Fortunately it looks like dd2 is following her big sister's pattern. She falls asleep around 9 or 10, usually wakes up once between 4 and 5, then sleeps until 8 (when dh and I get up). She falls asleep really easily, too - I don't have to sneak the nipple out of her mouth in slow motion, I can just move away when she's done nursing (she is in a cosleeper attached to our bed) and she will put herself to sleep.

I'm hoping this lasts! I don't feel sleep deprived at all.

To the pp - whether or not you can successfully transfer your baby to the bassinet (or wherever) after she falls asleep depends on how sound a sleeper she is - I regularly do this with dd2, since she often falls asleep for her "big sleep" downstairs rather than upstairs in the cosleeper. dd1 was almost impossible to move without waking, though, and ds was in-between.

I really recommend a co-sleeper! Having one has made nights much easier for us.

#5 ·
She is sleeping though the night and I hardly ever move a sleeping baby, but wondering if i should put her down in bed or let her sleep in her "chair"( a BIG Bowl chair that I love to curl up with her in). She falls asleep before we do so we put her in her "chair" in the living room to keep an eye on her, and for about the last week she slept there. It started with us out in the living room and moving farther and farther away from her. hummmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.