Total Mom Makeover-Wk 1-The Starter Mom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-09-2009, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the official thread for week one of the Total Mom Makeover Book Club.
If you are interested in joining the first two weeks are available free on the following page: http://hannahkeeley.com/index.php?/s...-mom-makeover/ (if you are unable to open the PDF please PM me your email and I would be happy to send it to you).

Feel free to join in at any time during any week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-11-2009, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
She also has a nice little newsletter you can sign up for on her website!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 13 Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Has anyone gotten started this week? I have been through days one through 3 and am really enjoying it. I feel like I'm learning a lot about the way I operate as a wife and mother, even as a person in general.
How's it going for everyone else?
#4 of 13 Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM

I'm here! I got my copy earlier in the week. Today will be day 3 for me.
#5 of 13 Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 PM

I'm on day 4. I won't be able to go past 2 weeks but maybe with some help I can still do the exercises. I used to journal everyday, and ever since cory came along I haven't made the time to do it.

Who has a home management binder? I made one a few weeks ago and was very excited to use it but I have a problem with concistency... Also, the book mentioned there were "Total Mom Planner Sheets" onthe Web site but I can't seem to locate them.
#6 of 13 Old 02-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Does anyone mind if I journal "out loud" on this thread. I would love to see others ideas and things they are working on too! I just got my book and am getting started today!
#7 of 13 Old 02-15-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcory View Post
Who has a home management binder? I made one a few weeks ago and was very excited to use it but I have a problem with concistency..
I have one and I really love how it helps to organize my lists, goals and projects all in one place. If I'm organized I can handle more and get more accomplished. Mine is just a three ring binder with a pencil pouch that has a fine point dry erase marker, pen and a smallish notebook for lists and notes. It has my Cleaning Schedules, Menu, Goals Im working on in page protectors so I can write on them with the dry erase (like my goals are all listed with boxes next to them representing how many times per week I want to accomplish something, so when I do it I mark a box.) I also keep coupons and ads in there.
#8 of 13 Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM

I don't mind if you journal out loud. Already i'm falling off the wagon. I stopped at day 4 and didnt do the weekend routines. I tried am pm routines in the past but couldn't get myself to stick with it. I need some nudging!
#9 of 13 Old 02-17-2009, 12:23 PM

I'm probably going to end up being a week behind this whole book study, so don't mind me!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#10 of 13 Old 02-23-2009, 02:55 AM

How's everyone doing? I'm joining the rest of you that have fallen a couple days behind. But, I am feeling a little more organized as a whole, so that's good.
#11 of 13 Old 02-25-2009, 02:35 PM

I will hopefully be joining this thread next week. I just bought the book, but will not really have time to begin reading it until next week (unfortunately a funeral, family illnesses, and work obligations have filled every moment of the next few days).

I read that she's supposed to have a TV show beginning on PBS soon ("Help Me Hannah"), but I haven't seen an air date yet.

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#12 of 13 Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM

I'm on day 5 today. It has really motivated me to stop procrastinating and I love the motivation of "piggybacking tasks". It really is amazing how much you can accomplish in one day when you are motivated, energized from a morning workout and your mind is full of fresh, helpful ideas!

Mother of 5.
#13 of 13 Old 03-29-2009, 04:24 AM

I take it i'm not alone is losing my motivation mojo? Anyone here actually stick this out and care to chime in on their improvements?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page