Sookie Stackhouse (Book Series): - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read A Touch Of Dead as well! I agree that reading the short stories fills in gaps in the books. I read all 10, then I rented the short stories from the library.
I enjoyed the series as well. I can't wait until the next book comes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 56 Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Did I read somewhere there are only supposed to be 2 books left in the series?
#33 of 56 Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 AM

I read somewhere that she was going to stop at 13. We shall see. I was a bit annoyed with DITF, it almost felt like an addendum to book 9. It was very scattershot, and I think it should have been part of the last book. I have to download A Touch of Dead, I think I would enjoy it.

Mom to two lovely girls, 4 and 3. SAHW/M in need of sleep.
#34 of 56 Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 PM

I heard 13 as well, or at least, she's under contract for 3 more.
#35 of 56 Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 PM

Alright ladies, I found where she signed another 3 book deal after book 10 was released. But I am not sure if that makes 3 actual novels, or two novels AND 1 novella that is supposed to be released in 02/11, called Sookies companion. I read it has something to do with Sams brothers wedding and a couple other short stories. Kinda like A Touch of Dead.
#36 of 56 Old 09-17-2010, 03:05 PM

I'm reading A Touch of Dead now. Not super impressed, but I've only finished the first story with the triplets.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#37 of 56 Old 11-20-2010, 02:03 PM

I heard that the companion book is going to be delayed but #11 should be coming out the usual time, in May 2011.  She usually puts the first chapter up on her website in December.

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#38 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 AM

HOLY CRAP!  It just occurred to me yesterday that we have less then a week til dead reckoning!!!!!!!!!  And not a moment to soon really.  I have read ALLLLL of BDB, both Angel books by J.R., ALL of the Night Huntress series, and am trying to get through the Dark Prince by Chistine Fehan right now.  BORING!!!  I dont know what it is about this book that is just NOT holding my attention.  The seriousness and constant infatuation and DRAWN OUT love scenes are just painful.  Im not sure If i can make it through anymore of these, and may be starting a different series by Gena Showalter.  Her stuff sounds a little more my speed.  I got a couple samples on my kindle to see if I like it. But atleast I will get a little sookie for a bit.  YAY!

Anyone else excited?

#39 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Very! smile.gif

Though, knowing where I live, it'll be awhile before I get to read it.  I'm in the middle of a book right now and when that's done, I'm planning to reread the whole series before Dead Reckoning.

Did you read the chapter that Charlaine Harris has up on her website? 

#40 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Havent tried in a while.  Last time I did, i think my server was wonky, cuz the whole page was BLANK!

#41 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 PM

I was just thinking about this, too! Because I finally got Lover Unleashed from the library (I had been #4 on the waiting list - they must have just gotten it processed) but I am not ready to read it yet (still on Avenged). But it made me realize new Sookie is out soon - which I AM ready to read! Yay! I am not sure that I'll get it right away, though. Damn hardcover books cost too much. lol

I do want to re-read the 4th one before S4 of True Blood starts.

#42 of 56 Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 AM

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!  I got it!  It better be good.  I started that Kiss of midnight book and am kinda liking it.  So I think I will finish that before I start Sookie.  But boy I missed her. Ironically, Ive been watching the reruns of True Blood.  Im getting STOKED for the new season!  

#43 of 56 Old 05-03-2011, 03:09 PM

The romance in the kiss of midnight book is a bit choke choke gag. Ugh. I did like the rest of the story though!

Enjoy Sookie!! I am going to try to rewatch S3 of TB before S4 starts.

God I love Bones...I loved the call to Justina right after he asked Cat to marry him. He just doesn't care at all what she thinks of him. But she has certainly done an about face in the third book in regards to her feelings about vampires.

#44 of 56 Old 05-03-2011, 03:45 PM

GAWD, if you thought that was bad, DONT READ DARK PRINCE!  (I cant remember if you have) Its AWFUL!!!!!!  Im all for some raunchy S-E-X when it comes to reading material, but for the love of all that is mighty, Feehan laid it on thicker then molassis in january in that book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat View Post

The romance in the kiss of midnight book is a bit choke choke gag. Ugh. I

#45 of 56 Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM

lol I'll remember that!

#46 of 56 Old 05-05-2011, 04:17 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention about Feehans writing style.  She jumps perspectives in mid chapter.  Liike from paragraph to paragraph.  Sometimes in the SAME paragraph.  it can be SOOO confusing and makes the flow of the story seem to choppy and just unorganized.  Ive never read a book with this style before.  Is there a term for it?  because it seems very unprofessional and ametuer. 

#47 of 56 Old 05-20-2011, 05:45 AM

The new Sookie Stackhouse book is out. Anyone read it yet?

Ouch, the hardback is expensive!

#48 of 56 Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I read the new Sookie book. I liked it.  It's a fast read and I have so many questions. I hope Harris writes a new one soon! As far as expense, maybe your local library would have the new book. Usually, I wait until my library gets a copy. This time, I didn't want to wait so I bought it the day it came out. I loaned it to my brother. He's going to buy the new Dresden Files (Jim Butcher)  in July and after he's done, I get to read it.

I couldn't get into True Blood. I thought Anna Paquin was miscast.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#49 of 56 Old 05-21-2011, 05:52 PM

Read it.  I thought it was cute.  Harris left a TON wide open.  Like the book isnt really done, imo, and there is a second part or something.  But it did seem fast.  i downlaoded it the day it was release and finished it last night!  I used to love Eric.  Now Im not sure what happened.  Dermot is a cutie, but there is something ominous there I cant put my finger on. 

#50 of 56 Old 05-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Dermot is hiding something. He's not telling Sookie the whole truth about why he's there.  I'm not liking Eric right now either. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#51 of 56 Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 AM

I was kind of disappointed with it.  I'm a huge Eric fan and want Eric and Sookie to ride off into the sunset, but I have a feeling Sookie ends up with someone else.

#52 of 56 Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM

I'm annoyed with the new Eric development.  Heck maybe Sookie will end up with Pam.  I <3 Pam

Monarchgrrl likes this.
#53 of 56 Old 06-10-2011, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm midway through this book and it's ok.  Has anyone else noticed that the author's misusing words?  I've noticed it at least three times and I'm surprised.

Mom to a teenager and a middle schooler.

#54 of 56 Old 06-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post

I'm annoyed with the new Eric development.  Heck maybe Sookie will end up with Pam.  I <3 Pam

I'm in love with Pam, too!

Still haven't read this one yet but will soon.

#55 of 56 Old 07-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Finished Reckoning a while ago. I like the marriage to Oklahome storyline. I just see it as a kink in Eric and Sookie's relationship which is typical of romance books. I have always assumed Eric and Sookie will end up together. It wouldn't make sense for Harris to spend so much time on their relationship only to have Sookie suddenly end up with someone else in the last 2 books of the series. Maybe I'm wrong.

I really wonder what Sookie will do with that cluviel d'or (sp?) thing... I wonder if she'll wish something that will make hers and Eric's relationship more...possible/happy or will she use it for someone else (or not use it at all).

Definitely fairy stuff going on Sookie doesn't know about.

#56 of 56 Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM

I just finished Dead Reckoning last weekend and it left me with so many questions. I am also really curious about the cluviel d'or and the fairy stuff that is going on.

I always thought that Sookie was going to end up with Sam, but I am really hoping everything with Eric works out. The story line of Eric and the queen of Oklahoma is really intriguing, maybe Sookie will use the cluviel d'or to keep him with her?

My main concern is that book series will be left with an open ending. I hope Harris gives some sort of closure at the end of the series. I think that will be hard to do with just 2 (?) books left.

Tags
Book Clubs , Books To Believe In

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page